Castille..

Come on, to say Q's loss isn't a big one is being disingenuous. NU just took a huge hit in their running game, and now there is even more pressure on Helu to carry the load. A load that Q was more than capable of carrying when Lucky wasn't getting the job done last season.

As good as Roy Helu is, I don't see our running game getting off to the great start many Husker fans where hoping for. Mendoza's speed will help, but there is no one in the backfield right now that can match Q's size and physicality. This loss will hurt us, especially early part of the season.

All true. This really does suck. And yes, losing Castille hurts our running game. A lot. I can’t help but think that the Bobfather would have found a way to keep Castille on the roster. Even TO might have. Things like this, and the Cody Glenn issue from last year, make me wonder about Bo. Oh, I still support him. I just wonder if he knows how to handle things behind the scenes, subtley instead of just napalming the whole situation. :hmmph

It is two entirely different eras. Kids are different, NCAA actually tries to enforce some of the rules some of the time and, oh yeah, THE INTERNET.

I dunno. The Cody Glenn thing was kept fairly quiet, despite the existence of that pesky Internet thing. And we only now found out about the Castille issue after he was kicked off the team. And we still don't know the details.

If he really failed multiple drug tests, I don't feel bad for him at all. That's pure stupidity to me.

Still this is a huge blow to the team and I would rather he still be here. I'm sure this will get some undies in a tangle, but I see this as a substantial step backwards in the quest for the big xii north crown. We may still win it, we have a lot of quality players, but I think our chances have to be at least reconsidered.

Whatever it was our team is better off without the guy. Could have been performance enhancers, smoke, underage girls, booze or maybe a growing attitude problem.

You don't cut a solid back like Quentin Castille unless you are 100% convinced that he a detriment to the organization and that you can fill his void with talent. As much as we loved his hard hitting style, he was not a wunderkind and he had no fifth gear.

There is one thing about our stable of young backs that we don't know yet. Who is the guy that can simply make things happen when the world is watching and the crowd in Blacksburg is trying to drown out the audible?

Sounds like the coaches are confident they have one. I'm sure there are a couple more in there.

If he really failed multiple drug tests, I don't feel bad for him at all. That's pure stupidity to me.

Still this is a huge blow to the team and I would rather he still be here. I'm sure this will get some undies in a tangle, but I see this as a substantial step back wards in the quest for the big xii north crown. We may still win it, we have a lot of quality players, but I think our chances have to be at least reconsidered.

i disagree, he need to be gone. no one person or player should be bigger than the ethics of the program. that is exactly the problem with America today, everyone wants to cheat and cut the corners to gain success, at the price of ethical people! that attitude will kill this country in a heartbeat!

are you kidding me? it has nothing to do with being able to fill the void, it has to do with principals and conviction. that comment is an insult to Pelini...no one person, nobody is bigger than the program or the ethics of it and Pelini..give me a break!

Gotta agree with you there Hunter. If Pelini was worried about void filling instead of strict discipline Kevin Dixon would still be on the team.

are you kidding me? it has nothing to do with being able to fill the void, it has to do with principals and conviction. that comment is an insult to Pelini...no one person, nobody is bigger than the program or the ethics of it and Pelini..give me a break!

Gotta greet you there Hunter. If Pelini was worried about void filling instead of strict discipline Kevin Dixon would still be on the team.

thanks, but i am dropping out of this conversation for fear of saying something i might regret...i am disappointed by what i have read thus far............

Gotta greet you there Hunter. If Pelini was worried about void filling instead of strict discipline Kevin Dixon would still be on the team.

thanks, but i am dropping out of this conversation for fear of saying something i might regret...i am disappointed by what i have read thus far............

About Pelini's decision or the fan base reaction to it?