2009 WR prediction

knapplc

Here it is, the semifreddo version of the WR shot-calling thread. You've been brave enough to dabble in the not-so-murky world of QBs, where Zac Lee enters as King and the ducks are in their rows. But are you Husker enough to call the WRs this year?

No fewer than 16 players entered Fall Camp vying for playing time at Wide Receiver this year. Coach Wats let slip that Niles Paul is the front-runner for game time, so that's your easy pick. What we're looking for are your next two WRs who will have the biggest impact this year. Just two, your top two. GO.

My top two are Brandon Kinnie and Chris Brooks. Call it a gut feeling, call it prescience, call it whatever. I think these three guys - Paul, Kinnie and Brooks - will have the biggest impact this year. Yeah, Meno Holt is getting a lot of press, but maybe, just maybe, this is Brooks' year.

Time will tell.

Here goes...

Paul

Brooks

Holt

Bell (Home run hitter ala Frantz Hardy)

Cooper as my long shot, he has missed too many reps to make a splash this year.

On a side prediction I bet we see Kyler Reid in the slot making some big time plays. ( I know he's a TE)

Well...Niles.

And then I think Kinnie and Bell will start making some really big plays. I also think Meno and Brooks will be "go to" guys during third down, but probably won't provide the "big" plays.

But, this is the toughest position for me to pick "breakout" players though; probably because there are like 57 WRs to choose from.

Here it is, the semifreddo version of the WR shot-calling thread. You've been brave enough to dabble in the not-so-murky world of QBs, where Zac Lee enters as King and the ducks are in their rows. But are you Husker enough to call the WRs this year?

No fewer than 16 players entered Fall Camp vying for playing time at Wide Receiver this year. Coach Wats let slip that Niles Paul is the front-runner for game time, so that's your easy pick. What we're looking for are your next two WRs who will have the biggest impact this year. Just two, your top two. GO.

My top two are Brandon Kinnie and Chris Brooks. Call it a gut feeling, call it prescience, call it whatever. I think these three guys - Paul, Kinnie and Brooks - will have the biggest impact this year. Yeah, Meno Holt is getting a lot of press, but maybe, just maybe, this is Brooks' year.

Time will tell.

I'm not buying into the Niles Paul hype at all.

I think that by mid-season Kinnie, Bell and either Marlowe or Cooper will be the "starters," and by starters I mean the guys who get the vast majority of the snaps.

Time will tell.

I'm not buying into the Niles Paul hype at all.

I think that by mid-season Kinnie, Bell and either Marlowe or Cooper will be the "starters," and by starters I mean the guys who get the vast majority of the snaps.

What is it you aren't buying about the hype? You believe the hype about Zac Lee, a guy we've never seen play a meaningful snap yet you don't believe that an underclassmen that played well in his role and returned kicks and punts (one for a frickin' TD) could improve after game experience? And this hype is coming from the same coaches about both players. How can you believe the source on one guy and not on the other?

No offense, I guess I just don't get the thought process on that one.................