Fear creeping up on me

tmfr15

Fear is not always rational, and I realize this.

Still, there are fears which I can not totally quiet.

It's hearing about problems across the offensive line and wondering if we can run well and protect the passer.

It's the fear of "under the lights" confusion between the receivers and Lee leading to picks. And, I know that most people just love the heck out of Watson, but it's the fear that he will try to do too much with Lee on Saturday.

Please tell me I am a fool and have nothing to worry about. I feel great about our defense, but I can't shake the question marks on offense.

Let's face it...a miracle loss ala App State would make our season into a nightmare. :blink:

It's hearing about problems across the offensive line and wondering if we can run well and protect the passer.

It's the fear of "under the lights" confusion between the receivers and Lee leading to picks. And, I know that most people just love the heck out of Watson, but it's the fear that he will try to do too much with Lee on Saturday.

Please tell me I am a fool and have nothing to worry about. I feel great about our defense, but I can't shake the question marks on offense.

Let's face it...a miracle loss ala App State would make our season into a nightmare. :blink:

That's why we play the game.

That's season opener jitters dawg. None of that unknown fear crap matters. If FAU scores 35, the Huskers will score at least 36. Then we'll pick apart everything for a week. Some dudes will even bring up Cody GLENN for short yardage references and stuff.

Stay geeked brother

You do realize that all of your worries is really just local media stirring the pot so we can have something to talk about? Notice how they always say "there are a lot of questions regarding this and that or so and so". Who do you think made up all those questions? The coaches sure didn't give them questions. The media takes what they get from what little a coach says after practice, and turn it into a story.

Lee is going to be fine. Ganz didn't have "under the lights" issues when he first started back in 2007, and he turned into a great quarterback.

Everything is a question mark till the game is played, imho. You can never accurately predict what will happen. Just subside your fears, and look forward to the glory of Husker football.

I feel your pain. I had a nightmare last night that we finished our season 6-6. This happens every year at this time, you are so excited that you think of every last detail and wonder if the boys are ready, and then you think if everything isnt done perfectly we are going to lose. But you have to remember it is the other teams 1st game too. Everything will be fine.......I hope.

We should do just fine against FAU. And losing to them wouldn't necessarily make our season a nightmare.

Really?

It has been general consensus that NU should win all three of it non conference games. I for one am not expecting to see the score board lit up until game 2 or 3. One thing I am almost positive of is that The Big Red Faithful will not take lightly to losing to FAU; no matter how close the game is. An opening day loss to an about average opponent would be very bad.

FYI: Definitions of nightmare:

A dream arousing feelings of intense fear or horror.

An event or experience that is intensely distressing.

I think an FAU loss would fit under that umbrella