SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

I completely agree, I was just pointing out how laughable ESPN and Scout are sometimes. They are affiliated and yet have contradictory things on their sites all the time. For example: On scout Moore is a 4* while Kevin Williams is a 3*. On ESPN Moore is not on the 150 watch while Kevin Williams is... how does that make sense? In my opinion both sites are wrong. Both should be high 4* and on the watch list, but it doesn't really matter because both will be beasts when they get here.

ESPN's recruiting partner is Scouts Inc. which is not the same as Scout.com. They are 2 different recruiting services with confusingly similar names.

Anyone else notice the leadership that Turner has shown throughout this early recruiting process? I know Moore and Reeves have been recruiting for us as well, but Turner has Aaron Green, Kevin Williams and probably a few others we're unaware of on speed dial. Not that it should be surprising considering he's a QB, but I like what I'm hearing about him when it comes to helping the staff out with recruiting. It should translate well once he gets here and puts the effort out on the field. He'll provide that leadership his position requires.

+1

Very much so. I also like his attitude about the whole process. Sure, he's not being recruited like Aaron Green is, but he definitely had the chances to turn into what I call a "recruiting diva", but he's handled it all very well for a junior in HS. He's taking night classes and doing extra QB work with his coach. I absolutely cannot wait for this kid to get on campus.

Anyone else notice the leadership that Turner has shown throughout this early recruiting process? I know Moore and Reeves have been recruiting for us as well, but Turner has Aaron Green, Kevin Williams and probably a few others we're unaware of on speed dial. Not that it should be surprising considering he's a QB, but I like what I'm hearing about him when it comes to helping the staff out with recruiting. It should translate well once he gets here and puts the effort out on the field. He'll provide that leadership his position requires.

+1

Very much so. I also like his attitude about the whole process. Sure, he's not being recruited like Aaron Green is, but he definitely had the chances to turn into what I call a "recruiting diva", but he's handled it all very well for a junior in HS. He's taking night classes and doing extra QB work with his coach. I absolutely cannot wait for this kid to get on campus.

And the thing I love even more about Turner is that, unlike either Gabbert when they were recruiting for us, I actually get the feeling Jamal will make it to campus.

+1

And the thing I love even more about Turner is that, unlike either Gabbert when they were recruiting for us, I actually get the feeling Jamal will make it to campus.

Gabbert the First was as solid as can be with Nebraska before the 2007 implosion and subsequent firing of Callahan and company. It's a little unfair to look back and say that we expected him to never make it to campus. Personally, I can't (or won't) blame Blaine for making the decision to go to MU rather than jumping into Nebraska and hoping that he would like the new staff without knowing who his coaches would be.

+1

Gabbert the First was as solid as can be with Nebraska before the 2007 implosion and subsequent firing of Callahan and company. It's a little unfair to look back and say that we expected him to never make it to campus. Personally, I can't (or won't) blame Blaine for making the decision to go to MU rather than jumping into Nebraska and hoping that he would like the new staff without knowing who his coaches would be.

While I REALLY wish we had Blaine I can understand his decision. We were in a state of considerable uncertainty and Mizzou was at it's zenith, he made a reasonable choice. Little brother on the other hand needs to be careful if he ever sees the field against the blackshirts. After his brother decommitted he is the last guy that should've been playing games with us. IMO he was afraid of that dual-threat guy from Ohio taking his spot so he committed to hold the spot knowing he may or may not want to keep it.

I completely agree, I was just pointing out how laughable ESPN and Scout are sometimes. They are affiliated and yet have contradictory things on their sites all the time. For example: On scout Moore is a 4* while Kevin Williams is a 3*. On ESPN Moore is not on the 150 watch while Kevin Williams is... how does that make sense? In my opinion both sites are wrong. Both should be high 4* and on the watch list, but it doesn't really matter because both will be beasts when they get here.

ESPN's recruiting partner is Scouts Inc. which is not the same as Scout.com. They are 2 different recruiting services with confusingly similar names.

You are correct... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Either way they both tend to get it wrong more than Rivals

4* and is ranked #55 overall and #4 as an ATH by ESPNU.

Damn, thought I was gonna beat you to this one. :LOLtartar Strange that they don't even have Moore in their top 150. The ESPN scouts absolutely swoon over SEC country guys usually?

SEC country guys that are committed to Bama, Florida, or LSU and not Nebraska

Damn, thought I was gonna beat you to this one. :LOLtartar Strange that they don't even have Moore in their top 150. The ESPN scouts absolutely swoon over SEC country guys usually?

or maybe he secretly sucks and ESPN in all its infinite wiseness is the only one who knows this......... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

or maybe he secretly sucks and ESPN in all its infinite wiseness is the only one who knows this......... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:laughpound somehow I doubt that!