SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

What a man, to come out and put on that kind of a display after something so tragic. Definitely the kind of man we take pride in having in the Nebraska family.

Really reminds me of that epic game Brett Favre had after his dad passed away. It's amazing guys can totally throw themselves into the game like that after something so terrible. A lot of athletes, though, will say that game time is their sanctuary, regardless of what's gone on in their lives.

What a man, to come out and put on that kind of a display after something so tragic. Definitely the kind of man we take pride in having in the Nebraska family.

Really reminds me of that epic game Brett Favre had after his dad passed away. It's amazing guys can totally throw themselves into the game like that after something so terrible. A lot of athletes, though, will say that game time is their sanctuary, regardless of what's gone on in their lives.

I was thinking that same thing! It's awesome that he gets a game like this after such a tragedy.

Absolutely amazing that Jamal goes bonkers last night after the week he's been through. Much respect for this kid. He truely has the potential to be special here at DONU. In a lot of cases football is an escape for the majority of athletes that have been through these kinds of things. Prayers are still sent for ya, J-Turn

I almost talked about that, but then I remembered the last few years of Favre's legacy...

I almost talked about that, but then I remembered the last few years of Favre's legacy...

Like his amazing season last year with the Vikes. I get ya. It's tough to think about a 40 year old pro bowler and one of the top QBs in the league right now. What a shoddy legacy right?

• Fire 1

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere in this thread, but this evaluation by ESPN makes it sound like Jamal is the number one athlete in the nation. I am really excited for him to make an impact at NU.

(This is free information)

Russell Shepard 2.0, 2011 edition. Turner is one of the most exciting skilled athletes this class has to offer. He is a dual-threat QB out of the shotgun spread, but most of the damage he does is with his legs. With the reference to Shepard-- his style, throwing motion and skill set is almost a mirror image. He is a lean and sleak player with good height. He is a special athlete with all the movement skills you look for in a game breaker. Turner is one of the most explosive and speedy players in the athlete class. His run skills are outstanding out of the spread and he is a zone-read nightmare. His ability to exploit cutback lanes and tiny creases with burst and acceleration is impressive. He reaches top speed rapidly and can stop and start on dime and is a big play guy on the perimeter. Has eyes in the back of his head with jump-cut ability that is out of sight. Can go from full speed, to dead top back to full speed in the blink of an eye. His body control, balance and agility to keep his feet are all excellent. He is a smooth athlete with quick hips and he has the frame to be a strong player at both wide receiver and cornerback. As a passer would need to be in the spread to have a chance to stay at QB. Has a relatively smooth and quick delivery. Flicks the ball and is more of an improvisational passer. Will show some zip on underneath throws and can fit balls into some tight spots in the short range. Throws the ball well on the move especially to his right. Has good touch and timing on the deep ball. The reality is that Turner is too good an athlete to invest too much time in to develop as a passer when he could be on the field making an impact at another position offensively or on defense. Overall, it is hard to imagine there are many guys in this class that possess all of Turner's athletic traits and we feel he could blow up into a national recruit throughout his senior year. Excellent prospect that we feel will end up at WR or CB/S....

Nice post! Thanks.

Does anyone know what the plans are for Jamal staying at QB? Like the article suggests, he may eventually look better at WR or DB. If the idea is to keep him at QB, I get the image of Jamal being the next Eric Crouch if he continues playing the way he did this past game.

he's a quarterback. sure, if he doesn't win the job, i could see us utilizing him elsewhere just to get him on the field (and he seems open to that)v, but he is being recruited as a QB.

Nice post! Thanks.

Does anyone know what the plans are for Jamal staying at QB? Like the article suggests, he may eventually look better at WR or DB. If the idea is to keep him at QB, I get the image of Jamal being the next Eric Crouch if he continues playing the way he did this past game.

he's a quarterback. sure, if he doesn't win the job, i could see us utilizing him elsewhere just to get him on the field (and he seems open to that)v, but he is being recruited as a QB.

All depends on Bubba and the MLB draft. But even if Bubba comes there is no way you let a talent like Jamal ride the pine. He will see the field early and often, and I couldnt be more excited to see JT play with the red N on his helmet.

Nice post! Thanks.

All depends on Bubba and the MLB draft. But even if Bubba comes there is no way you let a talent like Jamal ride the pine. He will see the field early and often, and I couldnt be more excited to see JT play with the red N on his helmet.

regardless of what bubba does, we've already got young QB's on campus that could easily lock down that position for the next few seasons. i agree though that turner will see the field either way. he is a playmaker.

Jamal has said in a lot of his recent interviews that he plans on playing QB and wants Bubba to come and for the returning guys to get better so it is the best competition for him. He welcomes the challenge and it is so refreshing to hear that from a recruit these days. He also said that IF he doesn't win the job he would be more than willing to play elsewhere so he can get on the field earlier. Like it has been stated think Russel Sheppard at LSU