SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

After the visit he said that he had kind of been thinking about going to see some other schools, but the visit made him realize that he made the right choice with Nebraska and he couldn't be more excited to get here.

This kid will unseat Martinez. Not right away, but at some point when they're both here, Turner will take over. He's just got everything you want in a QB in this system. He's a much better passer than Martinez at this point, hence the reason you see top schools coming after him as a QB, unlike Martinez.

I guess I don't see how you can say he is a much better passer when you've only seen a few minutes of film where he's playing against a bunch of HS kids with little to no pass rush. Martinez threw the ball well against Texas. We could have Peyton Manning under center and the WR's will still drop those same balls. At this point the only way Martinez get's Niles to catch a football is if he throws a bullet and manages to stick it in his facemask.

I really think if Bubba makes it to campus he will eventually be the QB and Jamal will be our all-everything player, RB, WR, returner. He does look good as a QB but the speed and size of Bubba makes me drool along with a huge arm. Jamal is an unbelievable athlete. He would actually probably do better on the edge where he can juke the jock off guys. Anyways, I guess we will see because alot of IFs and BUTs before things ever get shook out.

I really think if Bubba makes it to campus he will eventually be the QB and Jamal will be our all-everything player, RB, WR, returner. He does look good as a QB but the speed and size of Bubba makes me drool along with a huge arm. Jamal is an unbelievable athlete. He would actually probably do better on the edge where he can juke the jock off guys. Anyways, I guess we will see because alot of IFs and BUTs before things ever get shook out.

we really have an insecurity about our QB situation dont we......

\ :LOLtartar

we really have an insecurity about our QB situation dont we......

\ :LOLtartar

it's week-to-week :) - for the record, i've been on the Martinez bandwagon for 10 months or so when everyone was still convinced he was going to be a receiver and the competition was between green/lee. I may fall off the wagon on a weekly basis for some things, but this is one I'm still firmly attached to.

I can't tell you how excited I am about Jamal Turner. His best football is ahead of him and that is a very scary thought looking at the numbers he is putting up at this point in time.

I am under the influence at the moment as well. Whiskey and Coke for reference :)

Is he gonna be qb or what? I kinda hope he does from what ive seen this far hes having a big year this year besides next year he will likely red shirt ,and I dont think green will be the starter next year but u never knoe . Next year Lee will be gone so it would make sence that he redshirts then the next year he can fight for the number 3 spot? I just dont really seeing turner as a wide out but prolly some other ppls see that thoe

Is he gonna be qb or what? I kinda hope he does from what ive seen this far hes having a big year this year besides next year he will likely red shirt ,and I dont think green will be the starter next year but u never knoe . Next year Lee will be gone so it would make sence that he redshirts then the next year he can fight for the number 3 spot? I just dont really seeing turner as a wide out but prolly some other ppls see that thoe

Jamal is coming in as a QB, no doubt about that. But as many of us have said(and watch his videos and you probably will agree) think he is such an explosive player in the open field that you almost have to find a way to get the rock in his hands. Whether that is in a package with him as QB, RB, WR, whatever. Think Russel Shepperd and Percy Hervin, the kid is that freaky when the ball is in his hands. I'd personally like to see him in a Bobby Newcombe type roll if the QB thing doesn't work out. But the kid can throw and has a hell of competitve edge that the QB thing just might be his permenant home.

Can't wait for him to get here. And that supposedly will be in January.

Jamal is coming in as a QB, no doubt about that. But as many of us have said(and watch his videos and you probably will agree) think he is such an explosive player in the open field that you almost have to find a way to get the rock in his hands. Whether that is in a package with him as QB, RB, WR, whatever. Think Russel Shepperd and Percy Hervin, the kid is that freaky when the ball is in his hands. I'd personally like to see him in a Bobby Newcombe type roll if the QB thing doesn't work out. But the kid can throw and has a hell of competitve edge that the QB thing just might be his permenant home.

I understand you want to get playmakers on the field. But Newcombe played as a true freshman with the plan being that he'd take over the QB job in his sophomore year, which he did before his knee was hurt. With Martinez, if Turner plays next year anywhere, it might not be until his senior year that he gets to start at QB. On the other hand, why not let him work at improving QB during a redshirt year, and then find special packages to get him on the field after that, while still allowing him to prepare as a QB? Then, when Martinez is done, you'd have two years with Turner.

Obviously it's a lot of guesswork and speculation, since we don't know how any of these players will pan out, but my feeling is that this kid is a natural leader, and that his best fit would be at the QB position in the offense we're currently running. I think that's what you want to groom him for.

I understand you want to get playmakers on the field. But Newcombe played as a true freshman with the plan being that he'd take over the QB job in his sophomore year, which he did before his knee was hurt. With Martinez, if Turner plays next year anywhere, it might not be until his senior year that he gets to start at QB. On the other hand, why not let him work at improving QB during a redshirt year, and then find special packages to get him on the field after that, while still allowing him to prepare as a QB? Then, when Martinez is done, you'd have two years with Turner.

Obviously it's a lot of guesswork and speculation, since we don't know how any of these players will pan out, but my feeling is that this kid is a natural leader, and that his best fit would be at the QB position in the offense we're currently running. I think that's what you want to groom him for.

I see where you are coming from Herc. It is all speculation and pipe dreams at this point and time. But the things that(granted it is against HS competition) Jamal does with the ball is something this team lacks. Taylor is quick, but he hasn't shown any ability to juke someone in the openfield, Jamal is showing that already. Also at this point in their QB careers(Sr in HS vs Taykir Sr. in HS) I'd have to say that Jamal is the more polished thrower.

Of course, in a perfect dream world Bubba Starling would give the Dan Beebe finger to the MLB and wear Husker red the next four years, really freeing up the possibilities with Jamal.