SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

The reason that I am stoked for Jamal? The shake and bake. The kid will bring that to the QB table that the current roster QBs lack(unknown about Brion). Even still I personally think Jamal's open field moves are far superior that Brion's.

Think about Taylor for a sec. His long runs are based on his straightline speed to get outside. In traffic he has no moves and we all know with his ankle there is no moves for him. It was obvious though prior to the injury Taylor can't shake a defender in the open field that has the angle on him.

Watch Jamal's highlights, he has that Eric Crouchesque open field shake ability that left so many defenders grasping at air watching him roll on down the field.

This isn't a Taylor bash post, but just pointing out one of Jamal's greatest assets.

The reason that I am stoked for Jamal? The shake and bake. The kid will bring that to the QB table that the current roster QBs lack(unknown about Brion). Even still I personally think Jamal's open field moves are far superior that Brion's.

Think about Taylor for a sec. His long runs are based on his straightline speed to get outside. In traffic he has no moves and we all know with his ankle there is no moves for him. It was obvious though prior to the injury Taylor can't shake a defender in the open field that has the angle on him.

Watch Jamal's highlights, he has that Eric Crouchesque open field shake ability that left so many defenders grasping at air watching him roll on down the field.

This isn't a Taylor bash post, but just pointing out one of Jamal's greatest assets.

A number of those early runs were up the middle. I never saw him have to shake anyone in the open field because by then he's past them. You don't see a QB having to juke a guy very often. I'd put more emphasis on breakaway speed than those quick cuts when it comes to the zone-read. It's usually just one move then straight north south. The zone read just doesn't seem to get outside very often.

It would be good to have two "Crouch-like" players on the roster next season!! If only they could be on the field together.

why can't they?

I really want Tmart in the slot with Jamal Taking the snaps at center and Burkhead in the backfield. Enunwa and Kinnie wide and Kyler Reed at TE. We'll spread them with speed.

A number of those early runs were up the middle. I never saw him have to shake anyone in the open field because by then he's past them. You don't see a QB having to juke a guy very often. I'd put more emphasis on breakaway speed than those quick cuts when it comes to the zone-read. It's usually just one move then straight north south. The zone read just doesn't seem to get outside very often.

But as it was seen in the Texas game and in the Okie State game to an extent, a healthy Taylor COULDN'T make one guy miss that extends the play and helps get him into the open field to accelerate even more. Taylor seemed to be negated toa degree as better quicker defenses showed up on Saturday. Yet, if he makes the first guy miss in a bunch of instances in those two games he is pushing Dennard Robinson type rushing numbers. Yeah, I know he went for a hundred against the Pokies but the damage could've been worse, and the Texas game is was pretty self explanitory.

The Shake and Bake only makes that runner so much more dangerous, like I said earlier not bashing Taylor but he'd be that much more dangerous. Like Crouch was. Had the burst and the shake.

• 2 weeks later...

Jamal was just on big red wrap up. Very impressive young man. You can tell he's been following the team closely and knows what is needed. He mentioned being a leader on and off the field by example as well as being a vocal leader. Very well spoken. I really think he could come in and compete right away because he's comin in january. I keep watching his videos and he is crazy when running of course but the more I watch the more im impressed with his footwork in the pocket. He's definitely a more polished passer than anyone we will have next year except for maybe carnes. Im getting more and more excited about this kid. A true leader with way above average talent.

Jamal was just on big red wrap up. Very impressive young man. You can tell he's been following the team closely and knows what is needed. He mentioned being a leader on and off the field by example as well as being a vocal leader. Very well spoken. I really think he could come in and compete right away because he's comin in january. I keep watching his videos and he is crazy when running of course but the more I watch the more im impressed with his footwork in the pocket. He's definitely a more polished passer than anyone we will have next year except for maybe carnes. Im getting more and more excited about this kid. A true leader with way above average talent.

turner should be big time. by all accounts he has a good head on his shoulders to go with his immense physical ability. can't wait to see him on the field. we should have one heck of a battle at QB over the next few years.

turner should be big time. by all accounts he has a good head on his shoulders to go with his immense physical ability. can't wait to see him on the field. we should have one heck of a battle at QB over the next few years.

lets hope so......

CG version 2.0

lets hope so......

CG version 2.0

He looks and plays nothing like CG. Much, much more dynamic. Have you seen his running abilities? I also think comparing footwork in pocket that jamal is ahead of cody right now. One big reason I don't think watson is a very good qb coach is because I've seen little improvement in martinez or greens footwork over the 2 years since theyve been here. Way too many high and low throws, which is more or less related to poor footwork. Actually now that im thinking about it how many times do you see our qbs move up in the pocket when they get pressured from the edge? Almost never which is why they get sacked alot deep in the backfield. Just another example of poor coaching in my opinion.

Really, you weren't going to see quality footwork/mechanics from either Green or Martinez for a few years. Green's lack of redshirt didn't help. And this will be true of any QB that comes in there completely raw, having to unlearn and get bad mistakes corrected about the way they do things.

lets hope so......

CG version 2.0

He looks and plays nothing like CG. Much, much more dynamic. Have you seen his running abilities? I also think comparing footwork in pocket that jamal is ahead of cody right now. One big reason I don't think watson is a very good qb coach is because I've seen little improvement in martinez or greens footwork over the 2 years since theyve been here. Way too many high and low throws, which is more or less related to poor footwork. Actually now that im thinking about it how many times do you see our qbs move up in the pocket when they get pressured from the edge? Almost never which is why they get sacked alot deep in the backfield. Just another example of poor coaching in my opinion.

doh i just meant that JT is recieving a lot of hype here....much in the same way CG recieved the same hype.... i was just comapring them in that regard... little thought given to their individual abilities, skills, talents... etc....