SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

What are you guys talking about? The scout article about his visit to Arkansas?

Jamal may have leaked some info on the Watson situation. In his in-home visit a few weeks ago, Beck talked about his plans on being the OC and quaterbacks coach next year. From the sounds of it, Watson is out after the season and Beck is in. However, others are saying that Jamal's comment is out of context and Beck's comments to Jamal were only to ensure Jamal that everything will be ok if Watson goes elsewhere.

Where can I find this leak?

1620 the zone's Unsportsmanlike Conduct read some comments made earlier this month. Just go to the 1620 the zone's website and click on their podcasts section for yesterdays show.

Thanks!

Jamal has been looking great at the Under Armour practices....at WR. Apparently as good as anyone.

Not to put down Jamal Turner. I put the over/under at 3 for WR's on the NU QB depth chart next year.

Haha!

I'll take the under on that one. Just a guess, nothing more.

We are going to have to have a lot of patience with our QBs in future years if this is how it goes. But what encourages me - it is hard to find a single thing not to like about Jamal, and if he's this receptive to coaching it could be a quick rise up the ranks.

Ultimately this is why I'm excited about a guy like Brion, because he is basically the one guy we have that doesn't fit that mold. Spano too, but Spano doesn't have knees. Green perhaps too, based on how far he has come technically, but he definitely arrived on campus different and has yet to put his development totally together.

This quote below from the OWH article makes me think he will end up a receiver. The 6'2" or taller is referring to the other quarterbacks in the UnderArmor game.

http://www.bigredtoday.com/article/20110104/BIGRED/701049895

All the quarterbacks stand 6-foot-2 or taller. Turner is listed at 6-1, 180 pounds.

Kerstetter said Turner looks closer to 5-11.

“That doesn't change whether the kid can play,” Kerstetter said. “He can flat out make things happen.”

Was he the receiver that took the helmet to helmet hit that they talked about at halftime? I hope not! I missed the first quarter.

No that was AC Leonard, the on again off again Fator commit. Jamal's shot cam on what looked to be about a 15 yard first down catch, when Josh Turner put his shoulder right into Jamal's side, clocking him pretty good.