Husker fans being overly optimistic

Please! It's not like we're playing the Florida Gators. This is Virginia Tech. It's a very winnable game. I thought at the beginning of the season our chances of winning would be around 30-40%, but with the way the offense has been playing the last two games, I see this as being pretty much dead even.

I'm expecting a great football game Saturday. The teams look very evenly matched. I'm saying the team with the fewest turnovers wins the game.

I hope I'm wrong but I think that a lot of Husker fans are putting too much faith and confidence into winning this game. We all want to win but realistically

I noticed you said "a lot of Husker fans.." and not a majority of Husker fans.

Based on game predictions, I think the majority of Husker fans feel the same as you do...NU's probably going to lose a close game.

Those who think Nebraska will win (myself included) are entitled to their opinions...same as you.

seriously, i feel that if NU can contain the running of Taylor, limit the big plays from broken plays, create a turn over or two, NU has a great chance of winning this one.

we will see tomorrow

If this happens, the Huskers WILL win. Gaurantee!!!!

They have a great "chance" of winning as long as the bus makes it to the field.

Husker will find out who they are after playing their paid patsies, as all good teams do, questions fans have will be answered. Hokies have a stout D especially against the run, if you can run against them you will have something. Can Lee get it done against a good rush? Will the receivers step up?

Statement game, you will know who you are tomorrow. How does the team handle it if they get behind? Will Bo go ballistic again? Or will he be a leader and keep his charges ready to come back? Either way it will be fun, huskers could still control destiny in north.

Please! It's not like we're playing the Florida Gators. This is Virginia Tech. It's a very winnable game. I thought at the beginning of the season our chances of winning would be around 30-40%, but with the way the offense has been playing the last two games, I see this as being pretty much dead even.

I'm expecting a great football game Saturday. The teams look very evenly matched. I'm saying the team with the fewest turnovers wins the game.

:yeah

I hope I'm wrong but I think that a lot of Husker fans are putting too much faith and confidence into winning this game. We all want to win but realistically this is a QB making his first road start at a loud stadium. Obviously his adrenaline will be puming hard (also because of TV), which could possibly lead to early mistakes that could doom us, reminiscent of last year when we went down 9-0 pretty fast.

Its the feeling I get before Husker games like this in recent era that show how far we have come. Obviously we haven't done well in those games and haven't been the same Negraska since the 2001 CU game. This win could set us up to come back from that loss, Pelini leading the Huskers to a great season and career for him. This pressure is a lot for the team to handle and especially in a road environment.

I predict the Huskers are going to play VaTech really tough but lose ia close one. I want to believe that we can hang with top teams on the road but its up to what the Huskers do on the field to make me believe that. We haven't had a BIG win since 01 Oklahoma. I pray that this is a turning point for the Huskers, but it is smart to not put so much faith in a pretty untested team.

This has always been the bane of Nebraska fans. I respect your opinion, but I hear this same thing in the stands every week. People from the first down saying negative comments, how we are going to lose because of this or that. I mean come on, we are one day away from the game, it's a nation wide broadcast with two teams trying to fight for their national identity, VT to hold on to theirs after a pounding by Alabama, and Nebraska fighting for national respect, and proof we are back. So maybe we lose, who cares! It's not the end of the world, just let the excitement of the game wash over you for once. This is what makes it fun, having your hopes dashed in a last second field goal, or the thrill of seeing your team rip a "superior" team to shreds... I mean it really doesn't get any better..... I don't know, maybe I should stop drinking during breakfast...

I think we have a pretty good chance to win, but I still have an uneasy feeling about this game after seeing our rush defense the last two weeks and our QB containment last week.

If you look at pure statistics of running defense, you have a point.

However, week 1 was so vanilla it was almost unbearable. Week 2 was against a spread team. They run the ball out of the shotgun with 4 WR. Completely different than VT.

4-3 versus pro style running plays, much like the entire SEC......

I like Pelini's chances.

I think we have a pretty good chance to win, but I still have an uneasy feeling about this game after seeing our rush defense the last two weeks and our QB containment last week.

I stated this before, so I'll state it again. We have been playing vanilla on both sides of the ball these last 2 games, base Offense, and Base Defense ONLY!!! so as NOT TO GIVE OUR HAND AWAY!!! We are all going to see a totally different team on both sides of the ball than what we have seen the last 2 games. The surface of Wats playbook hasn't even been scratched, and Defensively the surface of that playbook hasn't even been scratched either. If you remember last year as well, we played better on the road than we did at home. WAKE UP YOU FANS OF VERY LITTLE FAITH!! LEST YOU BE CONSIDERED BANDWAGON, OR FAIRWEATHERED..GO BIG RED!!!!

I stated this before, so I'll state it again. We have been playing vanilla on both sides of the ball these last 2 games, base Offense, and Base Defense ONLY!!! so as NOT TO GIVE OUR HAND AWAY!!! We are all going to see a totally different team on both sides of the ball than what we have seen the last 2 games. The surface of Wats playbook hasn't even been scratched, and Defensively the surface of that playbook hasn't even been scratched either. If you remember last year as well, we played better on the road than we did at home. WAKE UP YOU FANS OF VERY LITTLE FAITH!! LEST YOU BE CONSIDERED BANDWAGON, OR FAIRWEATHERED..GO BIG RED!!!!

So, by your logic, because we played "vanilla" on defense, our players can't carry out their assignments? They can't make tackles?

You can consider me whatever you want, but I don't buy this whole "we didn't play very good rush defense because it was very vanilla". That's BS. We gave up a good amount of yards on the ground because our dline was getting pushed around and we were missing tackles. Defensive scheme had nothing to do with it.

And, also using your logic, since we played very "vanilla" on offense, we shouldn't have put up as many points or racked up as much yardage as we did. After all, we just scratched the surface of the offensive playbook. Someone better tell Wats and crew they overachieved in the first two games!

I'm about ready to pass out dresses to today's crop of "Husker fans." Good lord, have some faith.

I see what you did there. <_< Crop, CornHusker fans :corndance

I find it nice that someone is worried that some fans might become distraught and commit suicide in case of a loss. Thanks for bringing people back to reality your service is surely welcome. :)