Serious lack of M"eth"U fans on here tonight!

We shouldn't get too pumped up yet.

Teams can change week in and week out. When conference play roles around teams always kick it up a notch, especially those teams adamant on making a legitimate B12 North title. I expect the MU v. NU game to show better execution from both teams. But as I said in another thread, I just hope NU out plays Missouri and we win by at least 2 td's.

We shouldn't get too pumped up yet.

Teams can change week in and week out. When conference play roles around teams always kick it up a notch, especially those teams adamant on making a legitimate B12 North title. I expect the MU v. NU game to show better execution from both teams. But as I said in another thread, I just hope NU out plays Missouri and we win by at least 2 td's.

I hope we WIN, One point... one field goal, one touchdown, 2 tds.... it doesnt matter as long as the Big Red is on top on the scoreboard at the end of Thursday night.

:restore

We were really bad on both sides of the LOS. Nv gashing us in the running game worries me a lot. Then there is our inability to run the ball against an 0-3 WAC team. The only thing I can take solace in is that it's usually never as bad as it seems. I am sure MU will play better when Neb comes to town - whether that is good enough or not remains to be seen.

Yes it was a very disappointing game for us. I can't believe our defense got gashed that badly in the running game. Our " much improved offensive line " must have spent the previous night at the Mustang Ranch and couldn't get it up for this game.

Gabbert has a cannon for an arm as advertised but he's going to have to sit in the pocket longer and get rid of the happy feet.

One plus on defense for us besides Spoon was the play of Freshman end Aldon Smith, he looks like he's going to be a stud.

Even though Mizzou wasn't impressive at all I wouldn't get too cocky yet. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but I hope the Tigers were looking past Nevada a little bit towards Oct. 8th.

My impression is that Misery's defensive line is a little light in the britches and gets pushed around. Their OL seems slow. That "should" add up to a victory.

On a cautionary note, they never gave up big plays and Nevada beat themselves when they had to drive the field. We had better get over the penalties and have NO TURNOVERS. When we hit the red zone DON'T CHOKE.

Also though Gabbert's percentage wasn't good against a team I think is very mediocre at best; many of those misses were bombs way down field. He's not the dink and dunk like boogers, and if those passes hit, the scoreboard will light up. I don't think he will have time with Suh and company to launch those accurately, but he surely does have the arm. That number 81 needs extra attention, but I don't think the Nevada secondary amounted to much.

We should pick up a road win Oct. 8. But Lee had better play very well today and carry it over to the start of the game in Columbia.

Even though Mizzou wasn't impressive at all I wouldn't get too cocky yet. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but I hope the Tigers were looking past Nevada a little bit towards Oct. 8th.

Agree. Mizzou looked uninspired and flat for much of the game. I thought NU would beat MU before that game, so I still think we'll win. Mizzou will be fired up and the night crowd in Columbia will be crazy, so anything could still happen.

I thought Mizzou looked lethargic.

I wasn't scared of a loss during the game, I was just hoping they would cover the spread....which they did.

$$

Not making excuses, but Nevada was supposed to be better than what they displayed the first two games.

I even layed some dough on them in the first game of the season against Notre Dame.

$$

It was their first game of the season at home...they were probably a little pumped up....Mizzou looking to make it 14-0 against non-conference opponents and get out of there with a win....Looking towards Nebraska....all a recipe for disaster.

Having said that, I think the Mizzou-Bugeater tilt will be closer than expected, but still a win for the good guys.

Good luck today.

P.S. Why do you keep referring to Mizzou as M"eth"U?

Rather ironic that the first story on the morning KM3 news in Omaha was how easy it was to make meth up here.

Agree. Mizzou looked uninspired and flat for much of the game. I thought NU would beat MU before that game, so I still think we'll win. Mizzou will be fired up and the night crowd in Columbia will be crazy, so anything could still happen.

i highly doubt they were looking ahead to us.....and if they were then they have even bigger problems than i saw last night!

THEY ALSO HAVE A BYE WEEK! they have almost 2 weeks to prepare for us and if they were looking ahead to us, that is horrible coaching....just saying...

i just do not buy that they are a decent team, watch their players.....they are slow and their lines got pushed around by an undersized WAC team......their RB cant do anything behind that oline (which includes former NU decommit Dan Hoch) and they also got gashed for over 200yds!

this is not the first game this season that they looked average, bowling green would have also won that game if they didnt shoot themselves in the foot. if it were the first bad game then you could say that it is a fluke game or a down game but they were not looking ahead to us when they played bowling green and franky for their sake i hope they werent looking ahead to us for this game cuz if their coaching really is still that bad then we will win and it will not be close....