Nebraska vs Mizzz Speculation

BigRedNV

I think you'll see a stingier run d against NU. We struggled a bit with Nevada because of the threat that their QB presented. Our ends had to patiently play the edge, rather than crash inside and help up the middle. Let's remember that while Nevada has had a rough beginning, they had the third best rush offense in football last year. THey'll recoop, and I think our boys will be just fine. Ultimately, this game will fall on Lee's shoulders.

This doesn't make any sense. Missouri was porous on run defense against Nevada because Colin Kaepernick posed a threat? A threat passing or running? Because neither "threat" is as much of a threat from Kaepernick. The dude just isn't that good.

Through four games, playing bad defenses, Kaepernick's stats are:

Colin Kaepernick										
YEAR	CMP	ATT	YDS	CMP%	YPA	LNG	TD	INT	SACK	RAT
2009	 54	89	 546	60.7	6.14	32	2	  4	   6	110.64

Zac Lee's stats:

Zac Lee										
YEAR	CMP	ATT	YDS	CMP%	YPA	LNG	TD	INT	SACK	RAT
2009	68	 105	927	64.8	8.83	51	7	  3	   3	155.21

Maybe you're talking rushing yards, where Kaepernick leads Lee by about a hundred yards on the season, but even still, Lee can run - he just hasn't been asked to yet.

If Missouri was keying on Kaepernick to shut him down and sacrificing the run to do it (which seems silly, since Nevada is a run-first team), they're going to have to rethink their philosophy against the Huskers.

He's a distinct threat with his legs, which is why our defense had to play a little more conservative along the line or scrimmage. Kapernick honestly had a tad of Brad Smith in him... the kid can run. Lee is not the level of runner he is... but, he's a much better passer... much better.

good conversation, running attack will be vry important as which MU dline will show up? the one that totally shut down IL's running game? Or the one that allowed BG, Furman and NV too many yds too easily? I can't say, lot of size and ability in tackles but will they get it done? Lbers are very good tacklers and blitz well but havn't done much of that. Lots of questions.

How Helu does is key to this game. Had a big game against a good D at VT in open field but not so much in red zone. How Lee handles the pressure will be huge, as he seemed to get happy feet against VT's pressure. MU's ends are very fast, how will huskers tackles do? If they don't get pressure Lee will be able to hit underneath routes for good yardage.

does tigers try to establish run or throw the ball as in yrs past very successfully to open up running lanes?

Is a mystery, answers coming soon!

I think you'll see a stingier run d against NU. We struggled a bit with Nevada because of the threat that their QB presented. Our ends had to patiently play the edge, rather than crash inside and help up the middle. Let's remember that while Nevada has had a rough beginning, they had the third best rush offense in football last year. THey'll recoop, and I think our boys will be just fine. Ultimately, this game will fall on Lee's shoulders.

So what's your excuse for BG?

He's a distinct threat with his legs, which is why our defense had to play a little more conservative along the line or scrimmage. Kapernick honestly had a tad of Brad Smith in him... the kid can run. Lee is not the level of runner he is... but, he's a much better passer... much better.

Lee is a decent runner, and was listed as a dual-threat QB during recruiting. He ran for six TDs in 11 games in Jr. College. The kid has wheels. Maybe keeping that a secret is part of the plan?

good conversation, running attack will be vry important as which MU dline will show up? the one that totally shut down IL's running game? Or the one that allowed BG, Furman and NV too many yds too easily? I can't say, lot of size and ability in tackles but will they get it done? Lbers are very good tacklers and blitz well but havn't done much of that. Lots of questions.

How Helu does is key to this game. Had a big game against a good D at VT in open field but not so much in red zone. How Lee handles the pressure will be huge, as he seemed to get happy feet against VT's pressure. MU's ends are very fast, how will huskers tackles do? If they don't get pressure Lee will be able to hit underneath routes for good yardage.

does tigers try to establish run or throw the ball as in yrs past very successfully to open up running lanes?

Is a mystery, answers coming soon!

So what's your excuse for BG?

They played like absolute garbage. They were so jacked up for that Illinois game. All they heard was how they were going to lose by 2+ TDs to the Illini. Then, they lower the boom on them. The rest of the week they hear how suprising the Tigers are. They hear how maybe they're going to be another incredible team. The media gusto was ridiculous out of both KC and STL. Remember, this MU team is incredibly young. I don't think they handled the immediate success well. Thus, they slept walked in the first half of that Bowling Green game. The second half they regrouped and took over the ballgame. It's too be expected to happen. I don't expect that to happen against NU... .as you've all said many times before, Nebraska week is big to us MO fans. We're used to normally getting our asses handed, so when we can return the favor, we do everything possible to do so.

Lee is a decent runner, and was listed as a dual-threat QB during recruiting. He ran for six TDs in 11 games in Jr. College. The kid has wheels. Maybe keeping that a secret is part of the plan?

Lee might be functional with his legs... but he's no Kapernick.

And you know that because....?

I'm not about to say Zac Lee is a throwback to our old Option QBs, but he can run, and run well when asked.

In terms of a runner, I'm feel assured in saying it. I've seen Lee play; I've seen Kapernick play. It's not a slam against Lee. He's a better all around QB, but Kapernick is great with this legs.

I'm not about to say Zac Lee is a throwback to our old Option QBs, but he can run, and run well when asked.

In terms of a runner, I'm feel assured in saying it. I've seen Lee play; I've seen Kapernick play. It's not a slam against Lee. He's a better all around QB, but Kapernick is great with this legs.

Fair enough. You've probably seen Kaepernick play more often than I have, so I'll take your word for it.

Fair enough. You've probably seen Kaepernick play more often than I have, so I'll take your word for it.

I doubt that either quarterback runs too much though I think Missouri will probably have more designed run plays for Gabbert than we do for Lee in this game. Gabbert is a load and fast for his size. I doubt he is successful against our DL as he was against some of the weaker teams. But if we leave the middle open, he will take advantage of it. Lee on the other hand just HAS to do a good job of throwing the ball, not getting rattled and not turning it over. If we have a balanced attack I think we score a whole lot of points in Columbia. If we have to stick to the run, because the passing game looks like VT, I fear we won't end up with enough points and will have another big loss.

I think we'll be fine and hopefully Lee learned from VT and will be more adept and our recievers will hold on to the **** ball.

"As a Sophomore Kaepernick would become just the 5th different player in NCAA history to pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards in a single season. Some of his notable statistical achievements were:

Only NCAA QB in 2008 to pass for 2,500 or more yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards. Ranked 2nd amongst all NCAA QB's in rushing yardage with 1,130. Ranked 7th amongst all NCAA players with 7.02 yards per carry. Was tied 9th amongst all NCAA players with 17 rushing TD's."

Also - drafted by the Chicago Cubs - he has a 94 mph fastball.

Wikipedia

"As a Sophomore Kaepernick would become just the 5th different player in NCAA history to pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards in a single season. Some of his notable statistical achievements were:

Only NCAA QB in 2008 to pass for 2,500 or more yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards. Ranked 2nd amongst all NCAA QB's in rushing yardage with 1,130. Ranked 7th amongst all NCAA players with 7.02 yards per carry. Was tied 9th amongst all NCAA players with 17 rushing TD's."

Wikipedia

I still can't believe that kid turned down the MLB to play football for Nevada. I mean, I guess the opportunity to play baseball will still be there, but I wouldn't risk losing potentially millions of dollars to play football in college, when you know your career will be in baseball, not football. But I guess the kid's passionate about it, so :dunno

I still can't believe that kid turned down the MLB to play football for Nevada. I mean, I guess the opportunity to play baseball will still be there, but I wouldn't risk losing potentially millions of dollars to play football in college, when you know your career will be in baseball, not football. But I guess the kid's passionate about it, so :dunno

The guy was drafted in the 43rd round! How big of a draft bonus do you think they give those kids? My guess it was around $200.00 and a hot dog.

I still can't believe that kid turned down the MLB to play football for Nevada. I mean, I guess the opportunity to play baseball will still be there, but I wouldn't risk losing potentially millions of dollars to play football in college, when you know your career will be in baseball, not football. But I guess the kid's passionate about it, so

Which part of "Chicago Cubs" confuses you here?

I still can't believe that kid turned down the MLB to play football for Nevada. I mean, I guess the opportunity to play baseball will still be there, but I wouldn't risk losing potentially millions of dollars to play football in college, when you know your career will be in baseball, not football. But I guess the kid's passionate about it, so

Which part of "Chicago Cubs" confuses you here?

:clap

At least we can agree on that! Go Cardinals!