Gilleylen leads big 12 in yards per catch

8 for 255, 31.9 yards per reception. Pretty impressive, even if it does equal to 2 catches a game. Two big plays a game does a lot for us, but does anyone see him emerging and taking a starting spot or is he just the occasional big play guy? Obviously, his avg yards per catch will go down over time with more receptions, but with his speed and hands that he developed, I hope we can get him more involved in games down the road this season.

He is a burner, but needs to become an every down receiver. I assume where he is lacking is run blocking to become complete. Paul is a tremendous perimeter blocker, and Holt is pretty adequate which explains why they both start. If Gillelyen can be the consistent #3, he will add a lot to the offense. He has showed he has some skills this year. That over the shoulder catch against ASU was incredible.

He is a burner, but needs to become an every down receiver. I assume where he is lacking is run blocking to become complete. Paul is a tremendous perimeter blocker, and Holt is pretty adequate which explains why they both start. If Gillelyen can be the consistent #3, he will add a lot to the offense. He has showed he has some skills this year. That over the shoulder catch against ASU was incredible.

I guess they don't point it out every time, and you don't always see it...but I've heard him mentioned many times on broadcasts for putting down some good blocks to open up a running lane. He's had 2 de-cleaters that I remember already. I'll take a 'pretty good' blocker with home run ability like Gilleylen than a 'really good' blocker that seems to lack fire and burst as a receiver like Paul/Holt. That is, of course, assuming the first few games of the year aren't a fluke. I don't remember any major drops this year...if any at all...that were his fault. Before...I couldn't remember any catches he even made.

I guess they don't point it out every time, and you don't always see it...but I've heard him mentioned many times on broadcasts for putting down some good blocks to open up a running lane. He's had 2 de-cleaters that I remember already. I'll take a 'pretty good' blocker with home run ability like Gilleylen than a 'really good' blocker that seems to lack fire and burst as a receiver like Paul/Holt. That is, of course, assuming the first few games of the year aren't a fluke. I don't remember any major drops this year...if any at all...that were his fault. Before...I couldn't remember any catches he even made.

Now that you mention it, he lit up a guy in the FAU game on Holt's TD reception. I'm not remembering his other major block, but I remember Holt saying after the game that without that block he doesn't score.

:hellloooo:yeah:hellloooo

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure he hasn't dropped a ball yet. He's come a long ways.

CG is a fine blocker.

Being good blockers should not be why a WR starts. This isn't the days of option football. I mean, if it was, Wes Cammack should be starting over everyone.

I want a WR who produces. Right now, all Holt does is drop balls that are not lollipopped to him. And Paul disappears and pouts for long periods when the offense isn't looking for him.

I would go into a long rant of why I really dislike Ted Gilmore, but I'm not going to waste half-an-hour on the rant. Just put me in the category of when this guy finally leaves I will not shed a single tear about his departure.