Mizzou boards

np_husker

game is a tossup and gambling lines are to entice action not make judgements on who will actually win.

as for me I wouldn't bet anything on this game. Last yr tigers were hd and shoulders more talented and huskers were a slow, ponderous team on both sides of the ball. Now huskers are a little quicker, tigers are even quicker, more athletic. How that will translate on final score, who knows. lots of emotion and ball takes funny bounces. Turnovers and who has a better game plan will be big factors. who coaches up there guys better. I would say tigers have better talent overall, at skill positions it isn't even close. You have the better rb and te, tigers have much better qb and Wr's are clearly superior.

predict if you chose, last yr I read where huskers thought they should be favored by 2 to 4 tds. how did that work out for you?

personally I am just going to enjoy the limelight, only game on that night. Great opportunity for one team to show what they have.

***SNIP***

Catmanzou has put out some educated posts.

***SNIP***

Really? He had (as of the time I reviewed them) a total of 31 posts. Almost all of them are either conclusory statements or just plain flaming or trolling. Tim, I understand protecting your own, but even the most charitable description of almost all of his posts doesn't even begin to rise to the level of "educated". You, fro, and the majority of MU fans have posted educated opinions. He has not come close. The only thing he has come close to is a ban for violating the Board's rules against flaming/trolling. If he wants to stay and actually engage in constructive debate, we'll welcome him just as we welcome you (and please note that for the most part you and the other MU fans have been welcomed - not simply tolerated). If he simply wants to talk smack, he needs to take it to the Woodshed. Otherwise, he's about worn out his welcome.

Actually....really.

By the way, one of your Husker buddies called 'cat' a douchebag.

Isn't that a violation?

I don't think he's been that inflammatory.

Maybe I'm used to a lot worse, but I need all the help I can get out here, man!! :lol::lol:

It could be different perspectives brought about by different boards, but that's unlikely. If someone went to a Missouri board and posted what he's posted, they'd be accused of trolling, talking smack, etc. The kid is trolling. Pure and simple. He doesn't assert a position through the use of any logic, statistics, performance or facts of any type. That's not "educated" in any sense of the word.

Generally, we give newcomers some time to get acclimated to the Board; we don't ban immediately except in the most severe cases. Each board is different and it can take some time to get used to the "feel" of a new board; some folks that started on here as trolls have become pretty good posters after adjusting. When, however, it's obvious that the agenda is nothing more than trolling, that person can expect exactly the treatment "Cat" has received.

Now, if he decides to grow up, act like an adult, and post constructively, then yes - personal attacks against him will result in penalties against the person who attacked. Until then - no.

Now huskers are a little quicker, tigers are even quicker, more athletic.

There is no way Missouri is quicker without Coffman and Maclin. This is a pipe dream, man. Nebraska is much faster at WR after graduating the tough but slow Pederson and Swift, and replacing them with Gilleylen and Holt. Helu has greater football speed this year compared to last, and Burkhead is WAY faster than Castille.

You have the better rb and te, tigers have much better qb and Wr's are clearly superior.

I'm not sure where you're coming up with this idea that your passing game is superior to Nebraska's. Nebraska has the same completion percentage (66%) and the same yards per catch (13) as Missouri. Missouri throws more so you have more yards per game, but you need to throw more - you have no rushing attack whatsoever.

predict if you chose, last yr I read where huskers thought they should be favored by 2 to 4 tds. how did that work out for you?

I can't recall a single prediction where people thought Nebraska should be favored by as many as two TDs last year. Most everyone was pretty realistic about what we had, and how long our road would be rebuilding.

Dude - you need to put down the crack pipe, the bugeaters haven't done s**t for years. Your grandkids may be alive to see another BCS bowl for the Nub's but you won't.

Here is a complete list for you of major bowl game wins, conference championships and National Titles won by Mizzou football in the last 40 years:

1. ___________________ .

Any questions?

Crap, my browser isn't working...can't see what's on the line next to #1.

Well, allow me to be of service, my good sir. Next to the #1 there is nothing listed. Nothing at all. It's a blank line. And that's because our good friends down south-away haven't won squat by way of major bowl wins, conference titles and/or national titles. In 40 years.

And yet the mouths run and run and run from some fans. You'd think they'd take some clue from the classier guys like Fro, but no.

It's all good, though. We're well on our way to stealing Fro from those potzers and making him really truly a Husker fan.

Once again, Husker fans step into the time machine to help justify the general suckiness of their team. While you bask in the glory years, the Tigers will once again be taking the Nubs to the woodshed on national TV. And once again, Husker Nation will be collectively jumping off rooftops and wondering what the hell went wrong.

41-21 Mizzou.

dude are you giving 20 points? i will put $100 USD or $110,000 Iraqi Dinar, that Missouri does not beat NU by 20 points.

you want to talk sh#t then put your money where your mouth is.

now it the time to put up or shut up

I've heard constant bashing about our run attack, and no doubt it's had some struggles. However, just about every team has been loading up the line of scrimmage against us. Why? Because Gabbert is obviously young, and Derrick Washington is an All Conference performer. Even against Nevada, they were playing the line tight for much of the game.

Given those circumstances, it only makes sense that MU's offense takes what it's given. An example would be the Bowling Green game. Gabbert turned it on in the second half, but as they put more defenders in coverage, we started handing off to Derrick. He a number of very good runs and marched us down the field.

Look, the Tigers are far from a perfect team. They're extremely high on talent... and youth. Thus, anything can happen. I fully expect a tough, bitter game... that's fun for us all to watch.

I've heard constant bashing about our run attack, and no doubt it's had some struggles. However, just about every team has been loading up the line of scrimmage against us. Why? Because Gabbert is obviously young, and Derrick Washington is an All Conference performer. Even against Nevada, they were playing the line tight for much of the game.

Given those circumstances, it only makes sense that MU's offense takes what it's given. An example would be the Bowling Green game. Gabbert turned it on in the second half, but as they put more defenders in coverage, we started handing off to Derrick. He a number of very good runs and marched us down the field.

Look, the Tigers are far from a perfect team. They're extremely high on talent... and youth. Thus, anything can happen. I fully expect a tough, bitter game... that's fun for us all to watch.

And that could be key - how well each team is able to play to their perceived weaknesses. Can Lee and the offense keep Missouri from loading the box through the use of the passing game? Can Missouri keep the Huskers from rushing 4 and dropping 7, or overloading with blitzes, by popping some runs up the gut?

We know what each team does well - it could very well be a contest in which the team that can play well in their weak areas win.

Once again, Husker fans step into the time machine to help justify the general suckiness of their team. While you bask in the glory years, the Tigers will once again be taking the Nubs to the woodshed on national TV. And once again, Husker Nation will be collectively jumping off rooftops and wondering what the hell went wrong.

41-21 Mizzou.

.....and kicking the dog and beating the wife.

A good buddy of mine lives across the street from an Omaha cop.

He states that domestic abuse cases rise at an alarming rate after a Husker loss.

I was listening to a postgame show a few years ago after a disheartening Husker loss.

A caller said, "I'm so pissed.....I'm so pissed......I could....I could......I need to kill something."

Dude, get a life.

In St. Louis, after a tough Mizzou loss, the fanbase would say. Well hell....that sucks.

When is the first pitch for the Cardinals game?

Untrue. I live about 10 minutes outside of Misery..they cry like little babies. No offense...I'll admit i whined a bit after the VT game...

game is a tossup and gambling lines are to entice action not make judgements on who will actually win.

as for me I wouldn't bet anything on this game. Last yr tigers were hd and shoulders more talented and huskers were a slow, ponderous team on both sides of the ball. Now huskers are a little quicker, tigers are even quicker, more athletic. How that will translate on final score, who knows. lots of emotion and ball takes funny bounces. Turnovers and who has a better game plan will be big factors. who coaches up there guys better. I would say tigers have better talent overall, at skill positions it isn't even close. You have the better rb and te, tigers have much better qb and Wr's are clearly superior.

personally I am just going to enjoy the limelight, only game on that night. Great opportunity for one team to show what they have.

Lines are not created to entice action, they are created to make the game as hard to "call" as possible so that it appears there is no "easy bet", if they wanted action they would just make the line crazy and get all that "action"

There is a reason that oddsmakers spend so much time studying trends, they hope that the line that is created makes the game finish in a tie, cause they win no matter what then.

Catmanzou has put out some educated posts.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Okay, so earlier this week I made a comment about how the Iowa Hawkeyes had as good a defense as Nebraska's. While watching the game, I felt like I made the most idiotic comment ever.

Thanks for not making me feel like that any more. :LOLtartar

And that could be key - how well each team is able to play to their perceived weaknesses. Can Lee and the offense keep Missouri from loading the box through the use of the passing game? Can Missouri keep the Huskers from rushing 4 and dropping 7, or overloading with blitzes, by popping some runs up the gut?

We know what each team does well - it could very well be a contest in which the team that can play well in their weak areas win.

Thats pretty much what I have been thinking. We havent played against a team that spreads the field yet. Our defense has been helped by not having to blitz to get pressure. As good as Suh is we cannot expect to sit back against Big 12 offenses and expect to get wins. I am not impressed by MU's running game either. I dont think it will be a NU wash of a game this will be a battle.

I love college football as much as the next guy, but the imatureness that is coming from BOTH sides of this NU-MU "rivalry" is really making me get annoyed with college football right about now.

Can't we just grow up, talk football, watch the game, and talk some more football?

I agree 100%.

41-21 Mizzou.

You know what you Mizzou fans say that to us Husker fans all the time but yet you and several Mizzou fans have been going back in the past 2 years when Mizzou has beating the Huskers and posting 93-23 and counting or whatever the scoreboard maybe.....where is the logic in that....doesn't make any sense.