Post game Mizzou look-a-like thread

just still have thought of the pic of the husker kid crying at CU in 01... i always hated seeing them show players crying, yes it is tough on them but showing heartbreak on national TV is wrong, let them leave their emotions on the field and not let the whole world see it to ridicule them

I will admit I felt a little bit bad for the kid on the sidelines and felt like rubbing it in would not be appropriate at that time. We should appreciate the huge win that Nebraska got on Thursday night and keep smack talking to a minimum after such a big win.

That being said, that Nancy Kerrigan comparison gave me a good laugh. The season is long for Missouri and that emotional young man will be just fine even if some husker fans make fun of him on a board that he'll probably never see. Though I'm sure he will hear a little in person, maybe even from his own teamates but I doubt that will be jovial good natured ribbing.

I think a little jawwing can be healthy for a program and a teams fans that haven't gotten so many chances to let off such steam in quite a while. While the blue hairs that cover their ears when it gets too loud, sit on their hands on 3rd down because they didn't apply enough ben gay that morning and golf clap the opponet when we get trounced at memorial stadium will keep it nice an homey. Did you ever think a little bit of a mean nature and good old fashion ugliness adds charachter and intimidation into the mix?

I don't want Nebraska fans to be thugs, but I think often we are a little to soft on the fan side and our opponets know it. In a conference with Mizzou punks, Iowa State crybabys and Buff riot mobs we might as well tuck in our skirts.

I'd like to see memorial an intimidating place again. You know like it used to be when those blue hairs were a little younger and Nebraska was winning titles.

Okay, so some of you don’t like the pictures that this guy posted…but come on. Sure, they are kids, but they are adult kids. I coached 11 year olds that unfortunately lost a city championship, and I wouldn’t let them cry. I am so sick of grown men getting emotional over a win or loss in a sports contest. Yes I love the Huskers. Yes Husker football is important to me. But players should be taught to hold their heads up…win or lose. They look weak and pathetic when they cry over a lost football game. I don’t blame the player; the coaches should teach these young men to be just that…young MEN. I am not saying it’s not okay for a man to cry, but not when you lose a football game. When a beloved family member passes…when you watch your newborn baby take its first breath…that’s when it’s okay to cry. NOT when you lose a game.

And P.S. There is nothing wrong with gloating. I am so sick of the sanctimonious lecturing people give out when someone has a little fun after a win. When you sit and listen to the trash talking for weeks preceding a game, what the H3LL is wrong with giving a little back when your team comes through.

Okay, now I will sit back and wait for all the holier-than-thou “That’s not how Husker fans act” replies. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. We are supposed to have more “class” than that. But before you fire off those replies, I would like to let you all know that I don’t let someone else define class for me. It is classless to throw crap at opposing fans. It is classless to boo opposing players just because they are beating your team, but it is not classless to talk a little crap after a win. What really lacks class is when a bunch of yay-hoos come on here trying to pump themselves up by acting as though they are above it all. Here’s a news flash…nobody cares what you think.

:bonez

I AGREE! :woo

I think the appropriate question here is what would Jesus errr I mean :corndance .....BO DO!!!!!!

Why is crying too much? So the game isn't important enough to cry over but how about being upset over? Same thing to some people. We all deal with our emotions differently. My daughter crys and crys when she wakes up too early from a nap. My neighbor's girl just acts grumpy. It's just a different way to deal with emotions.

I would never laugh at this kid or take pleasure in other people's misery. Maybe when there is justice being served but not everyday life. If you want the missouri fans to continue taunting and acting like jerks then keep doing what you're doing. I guess sportsmanship doesn't mean anything to you.

Why is crying too much? So the game isn't important enough to cry over but how about being upset over? Same thing to some people. We all deal with our emotions differently. My daughter crys and crys when she wakes up too early from a nap. My neighbor's girl just acts grumpy. It's just a different way to deal with emotions.

I would never laugh at this kid or take pleasure in other people's misery. Maybe when there is justice being served but not everyday life. If you want the missouri fans to continue taunting and acting like jerks then keep doing what you're doing. I guess sportsmanship doesn't mean anything to you.

You get no argument from me...I just think the key words in your post are "daughter" and "girl".

Maybe you could make your statement about the thread by not making a statement at all. It is easy to tell when you lay an egg on here because everyone views and no one replies. What good does it do to embarrass a guy? There are a lot of people on here (not naming anyone) who use the forum to look good and show class that they probably don't possess in everyday life. Also, if an outsider comes on what do you think they expect to see? It's a Husker message board!

Maybe you could make your statement about the thread by not making a statement at all. It is easy to tell when you lay an egg on here because everyone views and no one replies. What good does it do to embarrass a guy? There are a lot of people on here (not naming anyone) who use the forum to look good and show class that they probably don't possess in everyday life. Also, if an outsider comes on what do you think they expect to see? It's a Husker message board!

Well said. This IS a Husker board. If I was to troll onto a Misery message board I would expect to see a bunch of drug induced, misspelled, attempts at smack against the Huskers. So when Misery fan comes on here with his beer in one hand and his meth in the other, and has his mother read the posts to him, he should expect to get smacked too.

I think both sides are getting way too carried away. I for one laughed my butt off over it. I still think it's funny. If you don't like it, stop looking at it and making post. You say your a better fan because you think your more classy then me. Really? Maybe we should break it down even further. I'm guessing I gave 3 times more of a donation for my season tickets then you did, does that make me a better fan then you? Or do you even have season tickets? Maybe that means I'm a better fan then you. No, it probably doesn't does it?

If you think this picture is funny and others don't like it, who cares! Who really cares what other people on a message board think of you. Any one person on here could get in a car wreck and die tomorrow, will it really matter to me??? No. I don't know who they are or what they do. So why the hell would I care about a couple of childish names they call me. Don't let the holier then thou people get to you, they usually like to point out your faults in hope that you won't ever uncover theirs.

:boxosoap I'm done! :)

Go Big Red!