The Best Thing About Ndamukong Suh

knapplc

You will never see Suh on the Lincoln police blotter.

After decades of unsavory coverage of the stars of this team, isn't the very best thing about Suh the fact that he's probably the least likely guy to do something stupid and end up arrested? After all the guys we've had grace the front page for all the wrong reasons in the past two decades, I'm glad we've finally got a superlative football player who's not about to be the next thug from NU.

That may be the must underappreciated thing about this guy. But it's a pretty big deal.

Completely agree, but don't glorify Suh specifically for this kind of behavior. Roy Helu, Rex Burkhead, Prince Amukamura, Eric Hagg and several others are all absolutely Grade-A human beings as well and represent the University in an amazingly positive way.

You're right. I'm focusing on Suh because he's an exemplary player. It seems we've had a run of headcase stars in the past, and Suh is definitely the biggest star on our team, and at the same time a guy we don't have to worry about going rogue on us. Helu is also a great character guy, as is Amukamara, Hagg and I'm sure others. But none are the face of our team to the national media like Suh is right now. And he's a good guy to have representing our team.

Suh is a great character person, but so is most of our team... and the ones that aren't are just regular college students.

I can't think of many guys on the team that are bad character guys and I think that is something that Bo obviously by the way he is not afraid to dismiss guys that violate any of the teams rules.

Great point about Suh's character. Was wondering earlier today....do you think he would be the player he is right now if there was never a coaching change? Is it all Suh or did Bo tweak and fine tune him to the player he is today?

I think Bo had to have something to do with it suh would have been good either way but I don't feel under cosgrove and callahan anybody would have had the success he has had under Bo

Suh is a great character person

Suh cut me in line last year at the Hewitt.

'nuff said.

On a more serious note, I had never really thought about the topic of this thread at all. Being a well-rounded individual in a situation like his will pay dividends. Look how Blount's stock tanked ever since his incident, it just isn't worth it to do something boneheaded.

Suh is a great character person, but so is most of our team... and the ones that aren't are just regular college students.

I can't think of many guys on the team that are bad character guys and I think that is something that Bo obviously by the way he is not afraid to dismiss guys that violate any of the teams rules.

Couldn't agree more. I got to meet Suh at a golf tournament and he was the most down to earth guy I've seen in a long time. He signed everything put in front of him and talked with anyone that wanted to talk. When we ate the dinner, someone asked if he was going to eat, he declined and said if someone saw him eat a meal for free, he'd be in deep trouble. He's a great person to represent NU.

Good point! But, my observation is that this team oozes character like we have not seen since the days of the Peter and Wickstrom champions. Travis Justice KTV says he see that IT factor in this teams character and focus. You also see it in Bo's recuits. So, I am going to guess that Tyler gabbert does not deserve some of the comments we have heard here.

Devaney had some real tough guys and TO was hired as a student assistant to live in the jock dorm Selleck and ride herd on some very rowdy guys. There were fightr, usually over girls, but, with the exception of Johnny Rogers, they did a good job of keeping focused and out of the jailhouse! People ask to compare Devaney and Pellini. One comparision is valid. Both have a near zero tolerance for mischief.

But here is an argument for a standard of greatness that transcend the short memories of most Husker fans.

Some of the really great ones are still alive Jacobson, andGlover, who Devaney said was the best he ever saw. Glover had 22 tackles in the 71 Game of the cetury.

Suh has ways to go to get 22 tackles against the better teams. Wayne Meylan bless his soul was another. And, Jacobson all were post season honored. But, Glover was a Heisman finalist!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Glover

http://www.collegefootball.org/famersearch.php?id=70023

Trivia question...

Who won that year?

http://cbs11tv.com/wireapsportstx/Nebraska....2.1251178.html

"Oct 15, 2009 4:45 pm US/Central Husker Great Glover Sees Endless Potential In SuhLINCOLN, Neb. (AP) ― Rich Glover played for Nebraska almost 40 years ago, and Ndamukong Suh (en-DOH'-muh-kehn SOO) regrets he's never had a chance to watch film of him.

Suh has heard the stories of how Glover was a one-man game-changer in the middle of Nebraska's defensive line. How, in his relentless pursuit, Glover could shed blockers like they were minor inconveniences on his way to quarterbacks and ball carriers.

How Glover made 22 tackles in the 1971 "Game of the Century" against Oklahoma and was a Heisman Trophy finalist the next year.

Glover knows about Suh, too. He watched from his Jersey City, N.J., home last week as Suh took over last week's game at Missouri. The performance pushed the senior to the front of the pack of Outland Trophy and Lombardi Award candidates.

A nose tackle isn't supposed to lead his team in tackles, but Suh does with 32 heading into Saturday's game against Texas Tech.

Suh earned a host of national player-of-the-week honors after forcing a fumble with a sack, recording three quarterback hurries and making six tackles in a 27-12 win. His biggest play, though, was an interception that led to 15th-ranked Nebraska's go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter."

find trivia answer here suprise!

http://sharkfeet.tripod.com/TheHeisman.htm

Easy question, Glover finished 3rd in 1972 and Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers won the Heisman.

Good job. Caveman. You are 99 years old then correct?

No I never had the pleasure of watching him, my family always talked about him though. I started really watching/listening to Husker football 1981-1982 or so when I was 4-5. I remember the Clemson game.