Kansas City Sports Radio

Not to stir the pot fellas but one question. How can you tell a tone from reading a message board.

For example

f#*k You

It can be interperated with f#*k you ! or f#*k you ?

As in, i slept with your sister. f#*k you !

or I want you to f#*k me. f#*k You?

See. so i dont see how you can set a tone with useing just periods. chuckleshuffle

Not to stir the pot fellas but one question. How can you tell a tone from reading a message board.

For example

f#*k You

It can be interperated with f#*k you ! or f#*k you ?

As in, i slept with your sister. f#*k you !

or I want you to f#*k me. f#*k You?

See. so i dont see how you can set a tone with useing just periods. chuckleshuffle

Thanks man, that was my point!

Who cares? Does it really matter what Gary Pinkel or some radioheads in KC think or say? No!

Does it really matter that most MU fans actually were confident that they would whup us again? No!

Too many of you spend too much time being upset by what somebody else thinks or says about the Huskers, yet our guys can do their talking on the playing field. Its kind of nice to fly under the radar sometime.

I'm excited by the fact that even after a big win, this team is not satisfied and knows they can and must play better. Barney Cotton talking about how subdued the film session was for the Offensive Line after the Mizzou game, just shows that they are working hard every day to get better, and trying to learn from their mistakes. We have not had that attitude around here for a few years.

What has Nebraska done over the past few seasons that would have put any fear whatsoever into a hardcore Missouri fan going into last week's game? Relax, and let MU fans be their miserable selves, and just enjoy watching this program grow.

<_< Come on, what would you expect the HC of another team to say when he is addressing the fans of his team. He has to come out and say stuff like that. You want your fans to believe your the best team. If Bo came out after the TT game and said anything else, we would crucify him for it.

Pinkel is only protecting his job, and serving his fan base, like he is supposed to do. You don't say your 2nd best when there is so much season to play yet. That would be stupid, especially if you expect your players to give 100%.

100% agree!

To many Husker fans want other coaches, players and media to bow down to the skers all the time and basically suck them off while rubbing their balls. They are not going to do that and nor should they. There was ssoooooooo much crying that ESPN and all the sports media outlets HATED NU. They dont hate NU its that NU was not important, there was nothing to talk about. Look this past week, every freaking sports outlet in America is talking about NU and Suh. When you win thats when good things start to get said about you.

Pinkles comments were fine.

Personally, I don't give a rats a$$ what ESPN, other coaches, or so-called pundits have to say about Nebraska, we should do all the talking on the field. However - I do agree with you on this, there are a lot of people that thinks everyone hates Nebraska when ever they say anything negative, then when the positive comes out, they are no where to be found.

I trust the opinions of other fans before I trust those of the media anyway, because it is the fans that take the time to actually watch the games. That is one reason I absolutely hate this poll system, because there is no way that these writers or coaches could have seen even 10% of the NCAA play. They only go by reputations and stats or what they seen on the highlights on Sports Center. It is time that we get a playoff system, or let the computers do the rankings by the numbers. But if they do it by stats alone, don't cry when your team is down and a top ranked team comes in here and hangs 80 points and 700 yards on you just because they can to push themselves up in the rankings a little more or solidify their positions.

By the way.. to the original poster.

Pinkel was correct. Mizzou beat them selves. 2 interceptions leading directly to scores, 4 drive killing holding calls (compared to 10 last season), 1 fumble. Did you expect him to say they play flawlessly?

The husker paranoia and insecurity sometimes... I tell ya.

Yep, but to be fair NU also allowed MU in the game with its own mistakes. A safety on a bad snap, a fumbled punt, 12 penalties, etc. I think that is why I think some take those comments badly. It isn't like NU didn't have the same issues, both teams really sucked it up for almost the entire game.

By the way.. to the original poster.

Pinkel was correct. Mizzou beat them selves. 2 interceptions leading directly to scores, 4 drive killing holding calls (compared to 10 last season), 1 fumble. Did you expect him to say they play flawlessly?

The husker paranoia and insecurity sometimes... I tell ya.

Its nice that you still have that thug Weatherspoon as your avatar