Respect

Can we at least retire the complaint around here that Nebraska doesn't get the respect of the national media?

Including ESPN?

Actually, they've tended to give us more respect than we've earned, based on our legacy more than our current on-field performance. They like Nebraska, they like Pelini, the jumped on the Suh for Heisman story. They mysteriously inflated our ranking beyond a strong loss to a higher ranked team, a weak win against a lower ranked team, and three wins against cannon fodder designed to fluff up a record.

The media wants Nebraska to be relevant again, too.

Everything from here we'll have to earn, and the Big 12 North might not matter enough.

I completely agree. I think we have a false since of entitlement based on our history that we should always be top story.

Everyone is screaming respect us based on who we were instead of give us respect based on who we are.

College football lives by what have you done for me lately. If it was all about tradition and history then Joe Pa and Bobby Bowden would not have to answer retirement question at every press conference.

We have sucked since the Colorado loss in 2000.

We deserve no respect, we have not earned respect.

Our fans do not even respect what we put on the field.

It amazes me how six teams in the North division can be so bad.

What a joke, no one deserves to go to the CCG in this division.

Any of the top four teams in the south will kill us and everyone in this division.

Baylor had it not been for their QB loss might even be considered in the that group.

WE DESERVE RESPECT, WHAT A JOKE!!!!!

Is there any other conference that plays a championship game like the Big 12 meaning that one division is hands down better than the other? Watching the Big 12 North play conference games was like watching that one episode of South Park where all the little league teams were trying to lose to one another to end their season.

Can we at least retire the complaint around here that Nebraska doesn't get the respect of the national media?

Including ESPN?

Actually, they've tended to give us more respect than we've earned, based on our legacy more than our current on-field performance. They like Nebraska, they like Pelini, the jumped on the Suh for Heisman story. They mysteriously inflated our ranking beyond a strong loss to a higher ranked team, a weak win against a lower ranked team, and three wins against cannon fodder designed to fluff up a record.

The media wants Nebraska to be relevant again, too.

Everything from here we'll have to earn, and the Big 12 North might not matter enough.

Agreed.

There should be interest in this team. If we can figure out a way to score 21-24 points a game against opponents out of the sunbelt, we'll have a legit shot to win every game.

We have a solid, quality defense. That hasn't changed. We just have a very shaky offense. We get that figured out and we're back in contention.

There should be interest in this team. If we can figure out a way to score 21-24 points a game against opponents out of the sunbelt, we'll have a legit shot to win every game.

We have a solid, quality defense. That hasn't changed. We just have a very shaky offense. We get that figured out and we're back in contention.

Oh yeah. It could still be an interesting season. The fact that we're back to accepting that nobody on the schedule is a gimme makes it interesting, as does the jockeying between Green and Lee, and I'm certainly interested in how Shawn Watson reacts.

But this remains a team that still doesn't know how to act on the big stage, and the complete team all-four-quarters psyche-out is a coaching failure that I didn't see coming.

I'd be happy with wins over Iowa State and Baylor, but I'm not sure I'd be impressed, and I don't think that 6-2 Huskers team would be ready for the Top 25 yet.

my only problem (and this is media in general not specific to ESPN) is they either want us to be "back" (whatever that means) or completely sucky. I think this is because if nebraska is a decent football team, no one cares, it isn't as interesting as if they are overrated or underrated, and thus we seem to always either get too much love or not enough.

Is there any other conference that plays a championship game like the Big 12 meaning that one division is hands down better than the other? Watching the Big 12 North play conference games was like watching that one episode of South Park where all the little league teams were trying to lose to one another to end their season.

See ACC Atlantic division- terrible

It's very possible that the North team only wins the Big 12 Championship game twice (20 friggin percent) this entire decade. Call me a negative nancy all you want, but I don't see any North teams winning it this year or next. The ACC has only had 4 Championship games thus far. The Coastal Division has won 2 while the Atlantic Division has won 2. This year though, you are right the Atlantic Division is terrible.

The ACC is just like the Big 12 in that respect. In the Coastal you have VT, GT, Miami, Virginia, UNC, and Duke. In the Atlantic you have FSU, Clemson, BC, Maryland, NC State, and Wake Forest. The title matchup should be two coastal teams since all the Atlantic teams have at least 2 division losses currently! But that will not happen and the Atlantic will get whipped in the championship, just like the North usually does in the Big 12.