Let Prince Amukamara get some touches on O....

Prince is one of the most legendary high school running backs in AZ High School Football History. His Senior season numbers were ridiculous, something like 2,000+ yards and 40 TD's. One thing which always stuck out on his film was his ability to "shake and bake"

At the Big Red Breakfast this morning James Dobson said Prince was the most explosive person on the football team, especially in the ten yard dash.

With all the injuries on defense, and NU's inability to get some explosive plays offensively, I think the Huskers should consider letting Prince get some touches on offense, even if it's only a couple designed plays.

Anybody think I'm nuts?

Prince on offense........i dont know

I have seen Prince drop 2 or 3 easy picks this year that hit him right in the chest, so i think there is a reason he is on the defensive side of the ball

However i would like to see him on special teams maybe, if they could get him to catch punts and kicks consistently then why not put him back there and let the Prince "shake and bake"

Prince on offense........i dont know

I have seen Prince drop 2 or 3 easy picks this year that hit him right in the chest, so i think there is a reason he is on the defensive side of the ball

However i would like to see him on special teams maybe, if they could get him to catch punts and kicks consistently then why not put him back there and let the Prince "shake and bake"

I'm talking more about using him out of the backfield or slot as a ball carrier, maybe the occasional short swing pass, but nothing complex in the passing game. And secondly, I'm only talking about maybe 5-10 plays a game.

Wildcat?

Better yet, we could call it the Crazycorn Formation.

:hurl:

I'm not against the Wildcat, but I'd like to know why it's suddenly taken the college and pro games like a storm. It's not a lot different in results than the Option or the Wishbone, it just comes from a different formation. And yet it's all the rage, while back in the day we were considered quaint and old-fashioned for running an antiquated Power Run game back in the 90s.

Times change, and all we can do is shake our heads.

Wildcat?

I'm not against the Wildcat, but I'd like to know why it's suddenly taken the college and pro games like a storm. It's not a lot different in results than the Option or the Wishbone, it just comes from a different formation. And yet it's all the rage, while back in the day we were considered quaint and old-fashioned for running an antiquated Power Run game back in the 90s.

Actually the Wildcat is really just the Zone Read. Most teams just run it with a running back taking the snap. IMO, we just need to leave Cody Green in at QB and run more Zone Read, until teams prove they can stop him. Success from Green's legs would open up the passing game thus making our offense far more productive.

Wildcat?

So true. 12 Years after Ozzie retires and the antiquated triple option is replaced with the West Coast offence we here talking head after talking head act like Paul Johnson is a geniuse for running the triple option.

T_O_B

:wtf