My Last Word to All You Lee Bashers and Watson Haters

Callahan's four-year record was 27-22 with Watson as the OC, with three of those wins coming against opponents in the division formerly known as I-AA. He was 15-18 against the Big 12, 0-7 against top 10 opponents and 3-10 against the Top 25. He was 0-17 in games in which the Huskers trailed at halftime. This is the top notch play calling that we had before and the fabulous halftime adjustments that got us an 0 and 17 record when trailing at the half. We had dropped balls, more fundamental errors and penalties than I've ever seen in Nebraska football and why are we surprised that we are still seeing the same behavior. It's hard for me to understand the Watson lovers. I have nothing personal against the guy except his performance record at Nebraska. I was hoping he would change and his poor performance was because of Callahan, but it hasn't happened and we're still making the same mistakes with the same panic type of play calling where you throw when you're behind because you have no running confidence. (Think 7 throws with no receptions in the Iowa State game) who calls like that?

I was born into the Osborne years, had an uncle who was defensive captain, and a family who will never give up their season tickets. When I grew up watching Husker football we won over 80 percent of our games. We never gave up because we new that Coach O would make halftime adjustments and we would flat outplay and outheart our opponents because we had a coach who believed in the fundamentals and we didn't make many stupid mistakes. We held onto the ball and ran it down their throats. We commanded the clock. We had confidence and were hated because of it. We weren't flashy, which pissed the media off. But, you couldn't deny that we won games and were not fun to play against.

Now here we are without that confidence on Offense. We've got it on D and we owe that to Coach P. What we need is someone to re-instill the fundamentals in our O and bring back Nebraska toughness, confidence, and RESPECT!!

GBR!!

So...you start your post out by saying Zac Lee is not the problem. Then you blame it on the 8 turnovers. Weren't 3 of those 8 turnovers committed by Zac Lee, thereby making him the problem (or at least a big part of it)? You basically contradicted yourself. Not agreeing or disagreeing with what you said, just pointing that out

Edited by AngryHusker88

You know I like the idea of firing people if they mess up. That show called "The Apprentice" really inspired me. I've never watched it actually, but from what I can tell from the commercials, he tells people "You're Fired". Just fire them on the spot. Our team would work better if we applied such a theory. Then you can hire the next guy, and while they are learning their job, if they mess up, you can fire them! On the same day! Maybe coming back from the toilet because he forgot to wash his hands! And so on and so on! Just because they were wrong. It's such a brilliant concept. If only we weren't HUMAN!

4. The pass is supposed to get defenders away from the box, but since all of Watson's calls come in the 0-5 yard area, defenders just stay where they are at.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Even if your receivers arent 100 % home run threats you have to occasionally stretch the field to keep the safeties honest or you get what we have, 9 and 10 men in the box daring you to throw down field.

Smoke and mirror offense is getting old. Dip dunk and never go for the home run. Very vanilla if you ask me.

Not in any way am I promoting firing anyone but evaluate and adjust for each team instead of just trying to impose your will on the defense at all costs.

4. The pass is supposed to get defenders away from the box, but since all of Watson's calls come in the 0-5 yard area, defenders just stay where they are at.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Even if your receivers arent 100 % home run threats you have to occasionally stretch the field to keep the safeties honest or you get what we have, 9 and 10 men in the box daring you to throw down field.

Smoke and mirror offense is getting old. Dip dunk and never go for the home run. Very vanilla if you ask me.

Not in any way am I promoting firing anyone but evaluate and adjust for each team instead of just trying to impose your will on the defense at all costs.

Iowa State did just this......and they scored a feaking TOUCHDOWN!!!

I can remember one play that Nebraska did this -- 3rd down on that last drive of the game. We needed a first down to keep the drive alive and the Huskers throw a rainbow..... very risky time to call that one. but this was desperation not keep the D honest. Wrong plays .... wrong time.....

And even in Callahan's last days, there were fans who would follow him to their death because he was the coach of the program.

IMO, thx Shawn Watson for what you did, but it is time to move on. :nutz

But he is responsible for bringing in “The Man, The Myth, The Legend, The Player of the Century, He will Mess with Texas” Cody Green.

IMO: If Watson didn’t have Callahan ties people wouldn’t hate him as much as they.

And even in Callahan's last days, there were fans who would follow him to their death because he was the coach of the program.

IMO, thx Shawn Watson for what you did, but it is time to move on. :nutz

But he is responsible for bringing in “The Man, The Myth, The Legend, The Player of the Century, He will Mess with Texas” Cody Green.

IMO: If Watson didn’t have Callahan ties people wouldn’t hate him as much as they.

Correction, if Watson wasn't the leader of such a horrible offense, I wouldn't hate him as much. The truth is, in big games, this offense takes a sh#t on the field. If you are looking for consistency, well, it is there, but not in a good way. Now, not only does the offense sh#t on the field for big games, but for games against Iowa State. Our D is going to have to post a shutout if we expect to win any more games this year.

I have said it before and I will say it again: eight turnovers is ridiculous. There comes a point where you can no longer blame the players, but the coaching. Our offensive players piddle around and look like they feel sorry for themselves out there. Why don't they have the same mentality as the defense? Answer: because of the offensive coaches. The three stooges need to go. Get Watson, Cotton, and Gilmore out of there, I am tired of being absolutely embarrassed by the offense.

I mean come on. I have never seen a WR corps that is so pathetic in all of my life. They can't CATCH the ball, Niles Paul gives up on his routes like he's Terrell Owens, and none of them can help the QB and get open when he is under pressure.

And I definitely have never seen an offense that lacks any sort of creativity to get their athletes the ball. Kyler Reed is athletic and can run the ball. Why not use him? McNeill catches almost anything that is thrown to him and is one hell of an athlete. How many catches did he have Saturday?

But instead we have crappy athletes on the field like Lee, Paul, and Holt. Lee can't throw, Paul and Holt can't catch, so why are they continuously on the field? And yeah, Lee isn't the only one to blame for the loss, but he does little to help us win. He would be good if we had playmakers at WR, but we don't. He can't just manage the game. We need a spark. Someone the rest of the offense can get behind because they clearly aren't behind Lee.

We probably won't see that spark in the game against Baylor and we will most likely lose again, due to poor offensive coaching and gameplanning.

Sorry, but my dislike for Watson has nothing to do with Callahan. I could careless who he has ties with. He isn't getting the job done and I'm tired of being embarrassed by our offense.

In principle, I do agree with most of this. However, there are some plays that should be removed from the rotation with Lee. They just don't fit his strengths at all. One example is the zone read. Quit running it.

Yeah, the zone read only works if you have a QB that is a threat to run. If you watch the games, the D is just going after the RB every single time that play is run.

dedhoarse

Lee is not the primary problem, especially Saturday. We turned the ball over 8 friggin' times...no team wins when you do that.

I wish everyone would get off his a$$, because it is getting old. If you think Lee is the problem with this team, then you aren't listening or watching the games.

Same thing goes with Watson. All you Watson haters need to wake up. We moved the ball Saturday, got into the red zone, so we must have been doing something right to get there. If you want to fire Watson, then start coming up with names to replace him - people that are available, or that would even want to come here with our reputation of turning over coaches lately. I think you will end up with a blank piece of paper when you go to make that list. Get off these people's butts and either start supporting the team like a good fan would do, or find something else to do on Saturday until the bandwagon is going in the direction you approve of, because with all this crybaby crap, you are showing that you are nothing more than bandwagon fans that don't pay attention to what is really causing the problems, but would rather just serve up someone's head on a platter.

This calling individuals out (especially players) has got to stop. It is the not classy at all, and does not represent this team well at all. If I were a recruit, I would seriously wonder about the fans that are doing this on a board that is supposed to be supportive of Nebraska Football. I am not saying you need to be a homer, or can't point out what you think might be contributing to the problems, but don't be trying to serve up someones head - it is totally classless!

Get over it already - IT IS JUST A GAME!!!

BTW - My offer stands. If any of you season ticket holders can't stand to watch right now, I will take those tickets off your hands and give them to someone that would really appreciate going to the game. And they won't be the type of people that sit on their butts the whole game, or boo the home team. They will be REAL fans. If your going to bother showing up, at least be willing to enjoy yourselves - you are probably getting a break from your otherwise miserable lives. dedhoarse

You must be listening to the games, because when I watch the games I see Lee afraid to make a play, always going to his checkdown receiver, who is always within 5 yards of the LOS, usually behind it. I see QB who doesn't step up into the pocket. I see open receivers who he routinely fails to see, at least I hope he doesn't see them, because if he's not throwing it to them after seeing them, then that's worse. I see almost every pass he has past 5 yards being high or behind his receiver. I've said it before, I'm a more accurate passer beyond 5 yards, and I haven't played QB since 4th grade recess. I see a QB who doesn't have command of his offense, who doesn't provide the fire when needed. He lacks moxie, and that "it" factor. There's more to playing QB than completing swing passes all the time. Anyone who watches Lee and thinks he's a good QB, well I really question their football knowledge. He may be the best QB we have for Watson's dink and dunk crap, but that's because Watson has taken all the gunslinger out of him. It seems Cody has some of that in him. He may force some throws and have some interceptions, but I'm much more willing to put up with a QB who is trying to make plays and doesn't as opposed to a QB who doesn't even try to make plays and just checks down to his RB. I wonder if everyone supporting Lee was on Keller's side in 2007, because we all know how that turned out. This seems like an almost identical situation. I just hope it doesn't take an injury for Cody to see the field, because I don't want Lee to be injured.

So...you start your post out by saying Zac Lee is not the problem. Then you blame it on the 8 turnovers. Weren't 3 of those 8 turnovers committed by Zac Lee, thereby making him the problem (or at least a big part of it)? You basically contradicted yourself. Not agreeing or disagreeing with what you said, just pointing that out

:facepalm:

I realize the stat sheet says 3 INT's, but 2 of those 3 were a direct result from coming off the receivers hands. I suppose you want to blame Favre for Minnesota's loss to the Steelers because he threw a pass right into the hands of a receiver who let the ball slip through and get picked off?

I've never seen a quarterback who threw 3 picks, fumble on a zone read play and fumble a snap be called not a problem. Yes he got the 2 fumbles back, but seriously. The quarterback in the center of the offense, his poor performances have him dancing around in the pocket, and has all our our WR's and RB trying to hard to make plays. They aren't letting the game come to them.

When Green was in against Tech the tempo picked up, and the look of the offense was completely improved. The same thing will happen if Watson and Bo quit being so damned stubborn and put him in. The team will relax, and they will put some points on the board.

:facepalm:

I realize the stat sheet says 3 INT's, but 2 of those 3 were a direct result from coming off the receivers hands. I suppose you want to blame Favre for Minnesota's loss to the Steelers because he threw a pass right into the hands of a receiver who let the ball slip through and get picked off?

You ignore the fact that Zac threw the pass to McNeill into the hand of a MLB that tipped it, that was not even close to McNeill's fault. And the pick to CG was thrown high and behind in basically triple coverage. That pass gets picked probably 50% of the time.