Baylor predictions

brentNE

Well of course losing Suh hurts, but I am not sure the D-Line will be much less effective. Meredith has looked as good as Turner if not better in spots when he has played. I expect him to continue to develop and at least match Turner's output next season. We haven't seen what Ankrah or Randle can do. Crick is a stud in the making, he is even faster than Suh but not quite as strong. He will become the guy that teams focus on and rightfully so. Question is will Baker, Moore, Randle, or someone else step up like Crick has next to Suh? Carl has a good track record thus far, so I am willing to bet that as a whole the D-Line plays really well next year. At LB, I am not sure what you are looking at but Fisher has played well lately as has Compton IMO. Not as good as Dillard, but frankly I think Dillard is playing close to All Conference Caliber right now so to say they aren't matching his level of play doesn't mean they are playing bad. The secondary will be really good next year, the are pretty good this year. Overall I am pretty excited about the Defense for the next few years.

Almost exactly my thoughts about D next year. People will downgrade us on D because we're losing Suh, but Crick and Moore/Steinkuhler should be just fine in the middle. Meredith, in my opinion, is outplaying Turner right now. I'm also liking what I'm seeing from Compton and Fisher, and while losing Dillard's leadership will hurt, we have a LOT of LBs to choose from.

I'm again not so excited about our DBs coming up, but that could change if Dennard and Gomes continue to show flashes here and there. I was hoping for more from the secondary as a whole this year and that hasn't happened... who knows why.

I think 2010 looks very bright. We can make it even brighter by beginning to build something on offense in 2009. But we need to start doing that NOW.

Cody Green gets the start rushes for 100 yards and passes for 250 yards with 2 touchdowns. He does throw 2 interceptions but people just blame it on being a freshman and they let it slide this time. He gains most of his yards running zone reads and throwing dink and dunk passes and the Nation starts asking where these offensive plays have been all year. Robinson rushes for 150 yards with 2 touchdowns and people start talking about how he is better then Helu and should start the rest of the season. Paul has another 100 yard receiving game and returns a punt for a touchdown but people only talk about the one pass that he dropped. Cooper scores a TD as does McNeil. The OL has its best game to date and Ricky Henry makes it through his 2nd straight game without a penalty. Alex Henrey adds two field goals and the defense holds Baylor to 220 yards and 3 points.

NU – 41

BU – 3

After the game Huskerboard is bombarded with 1,000,000 threads titled “I told you Cody Green would start before the end of the year now please allow me to pat myself on the back”.

Wouldn't all those scores make it 55-3?

Cody Green gets the start rushes for 100 yards and passes for 250 yards with 2 touchdowns. He does throw 2 interceptions but people just blame it on being a freshman and they let it slide this time. He gains most of his yards running zone reads and throwing dink and dunk passes and the Nation starts asking where these offensive plays have been all year. Robinson rushes for 150 yards with 2 touchdowns and people start talking about how he is better then Helu and should start the rest of the season. Paul has another 100 yard receiving game and returns a punt for a touchdown but people only talk about the one pass that he dropped. Cooper scores a TD as does McNeil. The OL has its best game to date and Ricky Henry makes it through his 2nd straight game without a penalty. Alex Henrey adds two field goals and the defense holds Baylor to 220 yards and 3 points.

NU – 41

BU – 3

After the game Huskerboard is bombarded with 1,000,000 threads titled “I told you Cody Green would start before the end of the year now please allow me to pat myself on the back”.

No, Robinson has 2, that's 14, green throws 2, that's 28. Paul returns at punt for TD, that's 35. The two touchdown catches by mcneil and cooper were the two tds that green threw. So 35 total offensive + henery's 2 fgs, and that's 41.

NU - 41

BU - 3

NU – 41

BU – 3

No, Robinson has 2, that's 14, green throws 2, that's 28. Paul returns at punt for TD, that's 35. The two touchdown catches by mcneil and cooper were the two tds that green threw. So 35 total offensive + henery's 2 fgs, and that's 41.

NU - 41

BU - 3

Got ya...just read all the td's and was like that seems like a lot. I am stupid...don't mind me.

I feel like it all revolves around the coaching staff. Did they sit down and look at our strengths and try to build on that or did they just go back to work? If we see more power football I believe our line is up to the challenge and when we do throw, Lee will have more time and they'll stretch the field. If green starts we have an even better chance of big plays due to the qb boot and other play action reads with a great pass catching tight end. Screw those recievers. The kansas city chiefs made a living off their tight end for years...

Nebraska absolutely pounds Baylor. It is so bad, NU's offense is arrested, handcuffed, taken from the field in shackles and legally charged with several aggravated assaults for their on-field play... NU's defense lets down and plays poorly... NU: 147, Baylor: 3

Sounds like da Skerssssssss turn into da Bearssssssssss (of Chicago in 85, not mine of '09...ugh). Anyhoooooo I'm with ya buddy. :cheers

I predict that Nebraska goes out and beats a Bad Baylor team without Griffin and wins...oh lets say 27-6. Then next week all the fans come back to this board, thumping their chests, and posting "restore the order" "Throw the Bones cause the Blackshirts are back"!!

Then. Knappl, pulls out his pitcher of kool-aid and everyone starts drinking.......then OU comes to town.

Here I am cruising through this thread looking for some good laughs, and I run across this.

Glad to see I've made such an impression on ya, son. :thumbs

Prediction - Another sloppy game. Whatever ails our offense isn't fixed in a week. We win... but ugly.

God save us next week. :o

I really do enjoy your insight Knapplc. I also like Michaels posts. I'm right with you guys and understand what you're going through with KU. It's just the reverse....we have no defense and your offense is struggling. I just hope to keep the score respectable against TT this weekend....oh who am I kidding. KU gets rolled in Lubbock!!! :facepalm: I plan to be drinking heavily during the game to drown the pain!! :wasted