Starting quarterback tomorrow..

I don't get why every1 thinks we're going to get "rocked" by Oklahoma. Our defense is damn good & Oklahoma's offense arent exactly world beaters this year

because OU put 35 on Kansas, but some people don't realize our defense is way better than kansas's Defense, let's hope whomever the starter is does great, and continues that till next week.

Fantastic. So he hold onto the ball and beat Baylor by a few scores, then go and get rocked vs. OU.

No offense, but the exact same thing will likely result even if Green starts tomorrow.

Could be, but I think a QB willing to throw the ball downfield at least gives us a chance against OU. At least we could make a game out of it.

Both Lee and Green will start.

New formation - Lee and Green in shotgun with Tray Robinson between. Direct snap to either Lee or Green, and they run the Zone Read from the formation. The QB who doesn't get the snap just stands there and Vogues.

This pretty much sounds like the best idea ever.

Both Lee and Green will start.

New formation - Lee and Green in shotgun with Tray Robinson between. Direct snap to either Lee or Green, and they run the Zone Read from the formation. The QB who doesn't get the snap just stands there and Vogues.

OMFG!!!!! :facepalm: vogue on 2 vogue on 2 hike

OU has lost 3 games by how many points? It's not so much OU's offense that scares me. It's how many points will OU's D put on us that has me concerned. Given the last two weeks performance by the Huskers, it's difficult to believe we won't get "rocked".

true, because if we turn the ball over 8 times against oklahoma they will definitely put more points on us then iowa state.

I don't get why every1 thinks we're going to get "rocked" by Oklahoma. Our defense is damn good & Oklahoma's offense arent exactly world beaters this year

By rocked I was thinking more along the lines of 27-3, not 70-3, just to clarify. Texas Tech scored 24 against our defense, so I think it's likely OU at least has the capability to do the same. Whether we are able to do anything against OU (or any decent defense for that matter) will depend on whether we develop ANY sort of downfield passing game. Under Lee, I just don't see that happening. WR screens and short curls at the sidelines not only won't move the ball consistently against OU, but they will likely result in a couple pick sixes.

Thats why I keep saying if he does get the start I think we will lean heavily on the zone read with play action coming out of that set and play design. I don't think new receivers will have a lot to do with it. He seemed to have a good rapport going on with Cooper and he's been throwing to the others for almost a year now so there should be no problems with timing or anything like that.

Is it fair to Cody to be asked to play an away Big 12 game and to start with a whole new batch of new recievers who are young and getting a first start? To me this a recipe for West Coast offense disaster and a Waco meltdown! :dunno:blink::madash ?

I can see the headline now "NU Goes Wacko in Waco"

Is it fair to Cody to be asked to play an away Big 12 game and to start with a whole new batch of new recievers who are young and getting a first start? To me this a recipe for West Coast offense disaster and a Waco meltdown! :dunno:blink::madash ?

This isn't your typical Big 12 away game. Baylor very rarely sells out their stadium (only 38,000 against top 15 Oklahoma St.). And even at capacity, it's not a very hostile environment. My guess is that there are about 35,000 Baylor fans and 5000-8000 Husker fans at this game. Weather will be perfect, sunny and mid-60s. Baylor's offense is pathetic and will be lucky to score 10 against the Blackshirts. IMO, couldn't be a more perfect opportunity to see what Green can do.

Hmm I hadn't thought about that. I guess Lee probably will get the start. Is Niles starting? He is supposed to be the best blocking reciever on the team so that would make sense to run the zone read but I can't see Bo changing everything like that. It appears that Cody is his last option for a "spark"

You could look at it this way.... Green has been working with these second team receivers more in practice with the 2nd team offense. So if he and a couple of these guys start they would be on the same page more than he would with Holt and the others who are not starting.

Fantastic. So he hold onto the ball and beat Baylor by a few scores, then go and get rocked vs. OU.

See this is the biggest problem with our current situation.

I don't care if Lee goes 25-30 for 355 yards passing and 4 TD's.

He still hasn't been a consistently good player against better than average competition. If he has a great game tomorrow, and then has a piss-poor showing against OU, all I'm going to be able to do is :facepalm: .

You could look at it this way.... Green has been working with these second team receivers more in practice with the 2nd team offense. So if he and a couple of these guys start they would be on the same page more than he would with Holt and the others who are not starting.

An equally valid point. So Cody is back in the starting lineup!