SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

Here is the article from rivals:

February 1, 2010 - "Four star saftey Corey Cooper has had a long recruiting road. As we have told you before he is still planning on making his final decision on the morning of signing day. Because we here at rivals have had no real updates on Cooper for over a month now, we decided to publish this teaser story that offers really no new insight on the situation in an attempt to draw more subscribers to HuskersIllustrated.com Stay connected with HI.com tonight when we retell you the same information with different teasers."

Nicely done!

• Fire 1

The Irish (ND) claim that Corey Cooper will be a Nebraska Cornhusker tomorrow.

If thats true does that increase our odds of getting Owa? Would Owa choose NU knowing he will have an outstanding Saftey in is backfield?

seen this discussed a few times in various posts. my opinion is normally it would have a slight affect one way or the other if other blue-chip recruits were committed to the class. he's said before his class will have some impact on the decision he makes. I take that to mean the quality of the class.

However, at this point it's too late in the game. If we were sitting here w/ a 5 star QB, stud safety and a couple of linebackers that were projected NFL draft picks then I could see it having an impact. But, he knows what our class looks like. With or without Cooper it won't change the overall class much.

likewise, our class isn't miles ahead of either UCLA or OSU...nor is our class miles behind either so I'm guessing we are pretty well even on the quality of class component in his spreadsheet.

If thats true does that increase our odds of getting Owa? Would Owa choose NU knowing he will have an outstanding Saftey in is backfield?

seen this discussed a few times in various posts. my opinion is normally it would have a slight affect one way or the other if other blue-chip recruits were committed to the class. he's said before his class will have some impact on the decision he makes. I take that to mean the quality of the class.

However, at this point it's too late in the game. If we were sitting here w/ a 5 star QB, stud safety and a couple of linebackers that were projected NFL draft picks then I could see it having an impact. But, he knows what our class looks like. With or without Cooper it won't change the overall class much.

likewise, our class isn't miles ahead of either UCLA or OSU...nor is our class miles behind either so I'm guessing we are pretty well even on the quality of class component in his spreadsheet.

It most likely will be quite a bit behind UCLAs tomorrow...they're still gonna get a few more stud players it sounds like.

• Fire 1

I doubt it because Owa said he already knows where he is going.

If this is true, and we don't get Owa I would still call it a good day. We definitely need a player like Cooper.