Big 12 North

rcruter

They should move Mizzo to the Big 12 south and move Okla to the north.

Then we would have the old rivalry back and the Big 12 championship game would actually mean some thing. Look if any one in the north was good enough to actually beat out Okla for the north title, then maybe the Big 12 championship game would be a real test for the South champ, instead of a scrimmage to get them ready for a bcs bowl game, most of the time.

I was hoping the Huskers were closing the gap between the power teams in the south, but that looks like a long way off lately.

:box Go Huskers beat OU :box

GBR!!!

For what its worth, Kansas State (3-2) has not lost at home(4-0) and they have KU and MU left in Manhattan, then travel to Lincoln which they have a 1-3 record on the road.

Kansas (1-3) may finish the season with a seven game losing streak... KSU, NU, Texas and Missouri

Missouri (1-3) finishes either 5-3 or 4-4. They have Baylor then KSU, ISU and Kansas. I think the Synder magic ruins their hopes for another co-division championship.

Iowa State (2-3) finishes 3-5, dropping to Okie State and Missouri while rolling the Buffs

Colorado (1-3) loses their last 4 against A&M, Iowa St, Okie State and the Huskers

Nebraksa (2-2) loses a close one to OU, but runs the table to finish the season :koolaid2:

I'd rather go back to calculus than try to figure out who is going to survive the trainwreck in the north

Found this on ESPN as well.........

Tight North race shows no sign of clearing up

November 2, 2009 10:29 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

The North Division is as tight as it's ever been at this point of the season.

Kansas State has a narrow half-game lead over Nebraska. The Wildcats are 3-2 and Nebraska is 2-2.

From there, every other team in the North has three losses. Iowa State is 2-3 and Missouri, Kansas and Colorado all are 1-3.

Imagine this scenario that could play out this weekend.

If Kansas beats Kansas State and favored Oklahoma beats Nebraska, as expected, along with wins by Iowa State over Oklahoma State, Missouri over Baylor and Colorado over Texas A&M, every team in the Big 12 North would have three losses.

Truthfully, that's not beyond the realm of possibility. Parity has been prevalent all season long, but I don't think anybody predicted that the division would be this balanced.

I still think that Nebraska has a slight edge because of its defense. If Cody Green grows confident in his leadership role, I would make the Cornhuskers the favorites.

Kansas State has an extremely difficult schedule down the stretch with remaining games against Missouri, Nebraska and Kansas.

I was impressed with what Missouri did at Colorado as the Tigers jumped on a team early on the road to cruise to an easy victory.

And Kansas is the biggest question. The benching of Todd Reesing for whatever reason is a puzzler. And the Jayhawks might have the toughest finish with a visit to No. 2 Texas thrown in for good measure along the other North Division minefields.

Iowa State needs only one more victory to earn bowl eligibility for the first time since 2005. The Cyclones' chances of winning the North title, however, are hamstrung by earlier losses to Kansas and Kansas State.

And Colorado is amid the cluster of teams with three losses but will have to win out just to reach to six victories that would get them to a bowl game and protect Dan Hawkins' job.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see a North team win the conference with a 4-4 conference record. That happened once before in league history when Colorado and Iowa State tied for the division championship with a 4-4 mark. And in 2005, Colorado won the conference with a 5-3 record and three other teams had 4-4 marks.

First team to five victories will win the North Division. But considering the rest of the teams there, I don't if any of them can make it there.

Huskers, hope you had a good time in Columbia. I was there - a more miserable football experience I have never known. The NU people I talked to were all cool and I had a good time aside from the actual soggy game.

Anyway, at Atomic Teeth we've created a gadget for determining the North teams' chances of winning the division. As I'm sure you suspect, the Huskers are the odds on favorite.

Predict-a-North from Atomic Teeth

All tie-breakers are factored in. You can adjust the lines as you see fit. Enjoy.....

JTrain, thanks. The file is HUGE so it's a bit slow. Sorry about that. Next week the permutations go from 16,384 to 512 so it will be much easier to work with. At this time, allowing downloading takes up too much bandwith.

Feel free to provide feedback on the site. We'd love to hear what non-Tigers think so we can make improvements if necessary.

Now that we've all pi$$ed and moaned, who do you think wins conference coach of the year? Will it be Mack Brown, Bill Snyder, or Paul Rhodes? I think it definitely comes down to one of these three depending on how each finish. Mack Brown will have to go undefeated to win it, but will Bill Snyder have to get the kitties to the championship game to win it?

good discussion and thankfully all the bravado and macho bs has receded to the reality of north sucks. all the teams are scrambling for some shard of respectability. I did pt out something about all the top teams in north early on, especially that Reesing would have a tough year with a pourous and too young oline. NU after losing castille didn't know if helu could handle the additional work load and stay healthy, beyond him talent was unknown, lee wasn't much of a qb and receivers were thin. Mu would have trouble if blaine was hurt and didn't look like they would be effective running the ball but d was more talented and would do better. course who saw that ksu would do so well early, wily HC's do make a difference but he is 65.

As I pted out this year didn't really matter as none of us could compete with south, just didn't know how big the gap was. Nxt yr is still rebuilding for NU and MU with all their youth. KU? they lose all their stars and firepower on O plus their D is horrible, they sink down a notch or two.

as for rest of year, play green and the kiddie corps of rb's, take the lumps and pray KSU holds on. Do you want your team upstaged on a national tv game? I hope MU wins 4 and ties NU at 3-1. That way you "win" the north and we can proclaim the much heralded, at least here, title of Cochumps, er champs. Like that means anything! LOL.

Enjoy the games, it will be a bumpy ride. Buffs are waiting, that will be there big game of the year.

have to give it to Snyder and rhoades second. I believe the old sly fox will teach his student how to coach a football game saturday in manhatton. he will have everyone blitzing reesing from all angles, and just power run right over that weak D.

beware when ksu comes to lincoln, dude had his team ready to rock against ou and gave them one heck of a game, that is coaching. you will see how well bo prepares a team when ou comes in this week. good yardstick for his hc status.

mu will have all they can handle when they go to manhattan as well, snyder will give them all they can take even with tigers superior athletes.

snyder is the coach of the yr.

I'd be perfectly happy watching Mizzou win out and finish with 9 wins and watch you guys catch the beating in the Championship game. The Championship game has done nothing but worsen our bowl game the last two years.

Ya, best case scenario for Mizzou is for them and Neb to win-out. Without another loss Mizzou make a good bowl and we saw how they faired against Texas last time. Unless our O improves a lot I don't want any part of Texas either.