Green - Handcufffed with training wheels

CGREEN17

We need to get away from the horizontal passes, OU will stop them from going far at all and will likely get a pick-six like we saw Saturday. We need to go vertical more, make them pay for crowding the box and/or loosen them up. We also need to go back to using McNeil and the TE's in-general, McNeil is hands-down our best receiver, use him for piss-sakes.

We also need to make the most of CG's wheels, especially with our rb-corps ailing so much. Roll him out, run bootlegs, run qb-draws, and use the freaking qb-sneak in short-yardage.

Here's what I don't get, these things we are talking about are soooo painfully obvious. We see it, I garantee other D-coordinators see it and are laughing their collective a$$es off about it. Yes, we have injuries, yes because of that our offense in very young and inexperienced. So, why do we (Watson) put them behind the eight ball with these stupid plays that have proven not to work. Again, a good coach plays to his players strengths (GIVE GREEN THE CHANCE TO DO WHAT HE DOES BEST). We saw a small glimpse of this in the first half of last weeks game and guess what, crazy enough, it was working. Also, Watson needs to learn to adjust as the defense adjust's to us. Anyway, if Watson is so great, why do we see the same crazy play calling week in and week out? I bet OU's defense is just WAITING for us to throw another horizontal pass, dejavu of last year's pick six!!!

Remeber the tail end of that 07 season when NU was leading Texas and it wasn't until the 4th quarter down a couple scores that the texas OC finally ran that blasted zone read after NU had been burned by it all season long everygame? Sometimes coaches just out think themselves.

once again. :dumdum

folks think the coaches are deliberately undermining _________________ (insert player, team, fans).

first they weren't playing the right guy. now that they are, they aren't giving him the right plays. :laughpound

HELLO!! :hellloooo:hellloooo

their jobs, their reputations and their sanity lie in VICTORY!!

why on earth do some of you think the coaches aren't playing the players they think can WIN??

why on earth do some of you think they would give green LESS than he's capable of??

just maybe, they gave him "training wheels" for a reason??

:boxosoap

seriously.

question:

do you think Bo and Wats are deliberately trying to lose??

why on earth would anyone think they would give green LESS playbook to work with than he's capable of??

what is their motivation for not letting him loose?? letting the thoroughbred run, etc.,etc.,etc.

do you seriously think either Bo or Watson WANT green to fail???

or the team??

just maybe, they gave him "training wheels" for a reason.

:dumdum

question:

do you think Bo and Wats are deliberately trying to lose??

why on earth would anyone think they would give green LESS playbook to work with than he's capable of??

what is their motivation for not letting him loose?? letting the thoroughbred run, etc.,etc.,etc.

do you seriously think either Bo or Watson WANT green to fail???

or the team??

just maybe, they gave him "training wheels" for a reason.

:dumdum

Shatel's point is that "training wheels" shouldn't be required. If you need to be a 4th or 5th year qb to run the offense, than it is too complicated.

No, obviously no one is stupid enough to think that Wats or Bo want Green to fail, but you can desire to succeed and still fail. It's not about wanting or not wanting him to fail, it's about putting him in a position where he can succeed.

Please don't ask questions you know the answers to. It's a waste of everyone's time.

I still think Shatel's an idiot. What was that last idiotic thing he posted a couple weeks ago?

Some guys just aren't as ready as others. Zac Taylor came in and ran it from day 1. Freshman QBs USUALLY aren't ready for this type of gig, and Green is not Matt Barkley. Green's HS offense was not real complicated and that's a bigger reason I think than our offensive 'complexity'. Even when true frosh start elsewhere the playbook is often simplified to accomodate them - just as we have done. And gradually they progress and are able to do more things in the offense. I think the whole "complexity of our offense" thing is pretty overblown.

What do you want, an offense where you can throw any scrub in at QB and expect him to perform? I guess Mike Leach has done that. Other than that though?

This offense requires too much precision and leaves too little room for error.

But don't tell many on the board this because Watson is a genius and we will be lucky to get him back next year. <_<

Watson is a joke. He says a player who comes in is good because he has been practicing well, but then turns around and says our offense isn't working because they haven't been in games and have only been getting reps in practice. Sorry buddy, but you are reaching because you have no idea what this offense is or even capable of. Hence the pulling stuff out of your ass.

If were going to start Green and he is our future than Watson needs to start watching some Texas game film and take at look at the their play book for ideas. I really think Green is a Vince Young type athlete and has excelled running the spread in high school. He's comfortable with it and is good at it. Trying to have him run this ridiculous dink and dunk offense is a complete waste of time.

I don't think Green is a VY type athlete, and I don't think his comfort with his HS offense would do anything for any contending Div I program. Not saying he isn't a good QB with lots of potential. But it's a big stretch right now.

leave the training wheels on or off regardless you've got to pull out all the stops with OU... with that being said i think that just maybe just maybe....welll you get the idea