Larry Asente?

I said earlier in the game after a tackle that Larry Asante is going to break his neck if he keeps playing the way that he is, and about 15 minutes later he leads with his head and goes down afterwards.

I love his intensity but he needs to play while using his head to think and not to hit.

Just from last night that guy is a wicked hitter. What a black shirt should be, just throw your body around. You get 11 guys playing like that and you will intimidate the other team and mentally defeat them before you even step on the field because they know they are going to get rocked.

Hell yes.

BTW awesome win last Saturday.

He assassinated himself dang it, he is a freak and will play in the NFL

I laughed out loud really hard at this, and I don't know why (at the assassinated part).

Sorry....Asante pisses me off. He is the biggest trash talker and self promoter on the team. That hit he put on the OU receiver was devastating...and legal. But just walk away. The guy had taken his helmet off and was obviously hurt and Asante is jumping over top of him. Shut up and play.

Sorry....Asante pisses me off. He is the biggest trash talker and self promoter on the team. That hit he put on the OU receiver was devastating...and legal. But just walk away. The guy had taken his helmet off and was obviously hurt and Asante is jumping over top of him. Shut up and play.

Watch it again. I don't think the receiver has his helmet off. There is no way to know that the receiver is hurt at that point . . . all Asante knew is that he just blew a play up. It was not nearly as dirty or classless as the late hitting that Oklahoma kept getting flagged for. (Now if Asante knew that the player was hurt it would be a different story.)

And no, Asante is not the biggest self-promoter on the team. I think that title so far has to go to Eric Martin based on his on-field antics. However, Martin does seem to back it up . . . and for that matter so does Asante.

You didn't watch the same game I watched. Asante made a great hit on a WR, then spent a couple of seconds celebrating in excitement. He didn't gloat over the player, he just happened to be facing the guy. You're completely ignoring Asante's behavior after it became clear the receiver was hurt, too. It doesn't make your point any better to tell half the story, it just looks like you're reaching.

Personally, I'd like to see a LOT more fire out of our players. These guys seem too workman-like to me, almost like robots out there. Emotion is great and helps carry players through a tough game and the exhaustion that goes with it.

I'd rather see Asante's reaction than the dull, lifeless guys we had on both sides of the ball against Texas Tech.