SIGNED LB Lavonte David

^^Yeah he did not sound confident about David coming here.

Yeah...sometimes I think these recruiting guys are biased towards telling the good news to the 'home team' guys they are talking to. If that bias normally exists...it didn't a few minutes ago.

^^Yeah he did not sound confident about David coming here.

Yeah...sometimes I think these recruiting guys are biased towards telling the good news to the 'home team' guys they are talking to. If that bias normally exists...it didn't a few minutes ago.

Jeff Sims is about as close to being a staff member here as you can get without actually being a staff member. Jeff Sims is all Husker.

Brian Munson of Big Red Report said on 1620 today that there is reason to be concerned that David will not be a Husker. He said David has a girlfriend in Tampa and that he has concerns about the weather that would suggest that his trip to South Florida was a bit more concerning that we have been led to believe. Munson said that although David's coach Jeff Sims assures the media that he will go to Nebraska, Munson wouldn't be surprised if David chooses to stay closer to his girlfriend in warmer weather. It seems like this might be something we should pay more attention to than even Cooper's decision this Wednesday.

• Fire 1

We have plenty of young LB's to fill out the depth chart. LD's biggest assistance really is if he can come in and make an immediate impact as a starter or backup. That looked much more promising when we thought he'd be here for spring ball, but much less likely only having fall camp. While getting Lavonte would certainly help, he's not a make-or-break player for us, IMO.

We have plenty of young LB's to fill out the depth chart. LD's biggest assistance really is if he can come in and make an immediate impact as a starter or backup. That looked much more promising when we thought he'd be here for spring ball, but much less likely only having fall camp. While getting Lavonte would certainly help, he's not a make-or-break player for us, IMO.

Make no mistake, losing David would be a HUGE blow to this recruiting class. He almost certainly would've been immediately inserted into the starting lineup at a position of need. This really is something we should be concerned about, probably more than Cooper's decision.

Make no mistake, losing David would be a HUGE blow to this recruiting class. He almost certainly would've been immediately inserted into the starting lineup at a position of need. This really is something we should be concerned about, probably more than Cooper's decision.

Nexus and me were discussing David's situation for awhile. I have been worried about him for awhile. The things that keep me positive is that Branndon Kinnie, Yoshi, and Sims have all assured us that he will sign with NU.

Nexus and me were discussing David's situation for awhile. I have been worried about him for awhile. The things that keep me positive is that Branndon Kinnie, Yoshi, and Sims have all assured us that he will sign with NU.

I really hope you're right. I think a lot of Husker fans underestimate the significance of Yoshi and David simply because they're JUCOs. Those are two guys who will probably start of us next year (if David signs).

The last guy in particular better hope he isn't wrong.

I'm not worried about David. All this girlfriend from Florida, last minute visit paranoia is just nonsense. Yoshi said himself that his visit was just to take a little vacation, and David said he felt bad about taking it. He was reaffirmed that he is 100% N, and to be honest I believe him. I'm not worried one bit.

I really hope you're right. I think a lot of Husker fans underestimate the significance of Yoshi and David simply because they're JUCOs. Those are two guys who will probably start of us next year (if David signs).

I hear yah man. Lavonte is a huge part of this class. This class will not be the same without him.

Here is a post on the USF board about Lavonte. It is not something we can say is 100% true, but he claims that Lavonte is N and Todd(DT) is going to Louisville.

I think he signs with N on Weds. Yoshi, Kinnie and Sims also say so.

Reply #13

« on: Today at 04:09:53 PM »

tmacmane@aol.com

Recruit

Re: Lavonte David- Linebacker NU Commit

im a former team mate of vonte and todd...spoke to vonte he is going to sign with nebraska and todd is still undecided but he is leaning toward louisville cuz 3 of his team mates have commited...

Report to moderator Logged