Vote Bo for Coach of the Year!

Landlord

My insignificant opinion of the list of Coach of the year candidates.

1) Nick Saban – Alabama: Yes – Even though he received official assistance turned Bama around.

2) Mack Brown – Texas: NO - Big 12 is way down from a year ago. I think his performance last year with the tough stretch of top 5 teams was better than this year.

3) Paul Johnson - Georgia Tech: Yes – 9-4 in 08 to 10 - 1

4) Robb Akey – Idaho: No – I won’t give credence to being the 3rd ranked team in the WAC

5) Kirk Ferentz: Iowa: Yes doing the same as Paul Johnson

6) Paul Rhoads - Iowa State: Not even a question

7) Bill Snyder - Kansas State: Same as above

One of those two will be Big 12 Coach of the year

8) Rich Rodriguez – Michigan: HA HA HA HA HA

9) Pete Carroll - Southern California: Where Aston? Is this my punked?

10) Brian Kelly – Cincinnati: Maybe

11) Mike Leach - Texas Tech: A fat little hell no

12) Joe Paterno - Penn State: if it going to be a Big Ten coach not named Kirk has to be Wisconsin’s or Minnesota’s coach

13) Dabo Swinney – Clemson: Looking better but just about average for that conference.

14) Steve Sarkisian – Washington: No

15) Gene Chizik – Auburn: No

16) Randy Shannon - Miami (Florida): No but heading in a good direction

17) Gary Patterson – TCU: No

18) Jim Tressel - Ohio State: No see Joe Pa

19) Mark Richt – Georgia: No

20) Pat Fitzgerald – Northwestern: looks impressive but it where they always are.

21) Chris Petersen - Boise State: Maybe has done it for a while now

22) Bob Stoops – Oklahoma: No

23) Chip Kelly – Oregon: Good job but no they will hold the punch and reinstatement against you.

24) Bronco Mendenhall – BYU: maybe

25) Bo Pelini – Nebraska: Bo knows NO

Where's Jim Harbaugh? Stanford hadn't won more than 5 games in a year since 2002, and now they've won 7 already, beat top 10 (at the time) teams back to back. Not even in the top 25?

Yep. That's bizarre. I guess Harbaugh can take some solace that every major program with a potential head coach opening is already gathering at his door.

Another year for Bo. The meltdowns in the thick of a season where they were poised to be highly ranked were a matter of focus and discipline, and that falls on the HC.

How can you say no on Patterson? TCU is undefeated, one of the best teams in the nation... yet you give a maybe to petersen who as you've said, has done it for awhile.. and BYU, who was supposed to be good this year, and TCU absolutely dismantled them.

How can you say no on Patterson? TCU is undefeated, one of the best teams in the nation... yet you give a maybe to petersen who as you've said, has done it for awhile.. and BYU, who was supposed to be good this year, and TCU absolutely dismantled them.

Once again it my insignificant opinion. I just feel that they will not reward an undefeated coach that wont get to play for the NC. (Unless we beat Texas)

I just feel overall TCU is far more talented than BYU. They have two potential 1st day draft picks between Jerry Hughes and Daryl Washington. They have about 2 - 4 others with a legitimate chance of being drafted or free agents signs. TCU is right on line in what they are doing 11 - 2 last year undefeated this year.

I say maybe to BYU becuase they may give it to him to justify the Pre-Seaon hype.

Lastly I think they could give it to Chris P becuase in 4 year he is 45 - 4. I think if he gets left out again they will give it to him.

I don't get the Bo coach of the year support. We might win the big 12 North with a nearly even won/loss record because our division SUCKS, hardly a stellar coaching achievement. At least the Fat Man at KU had a number 1 ranked team and only one loss a couple years ago.

I'd vote for Lane Kiffin at Tenn. He has the hottest wife by a wide margin and it probably is some sort of record that only 3 felony complaints have been allege against that bunch he assembled in Knoxville. I look for him to do much better with those they are buying for next year--maybe a manslaughter or bank robbery in that bunch.

Yes he did an excellent job in every area in the losses to V-Tech, Tex-Tech and FREAKING IOWA STATE !!!

Ok, I don't believe Bo was the one who got burned so badly by blowing the coverage in the last minute of the VT game, that was O'hanlan. Secondly, I don't believe Bo lost any of those EIGHT turnovers during the Iowa St. game. He had good game plans in both of those games and we could have easily won both, problem is, the kids have to execute. A coach can only do so much, but when your receiver is running down the sideline after catching the ball, about to score easily and just drops the ball without even being touched :dunno , what do you do? Make him run stadium stairs for the next couple of days I guess. I swear the players were trying to out do eachother in creative turnovers during the Iowa St. game. :LOLtartar

I know what you're saying but the head coach is responsible for teaching the players to hang on to the ball for God sakes!! The loss to Iowa State alone should be reason to not have BO get coach of the year. Sorry, Maybe next year.

To be fair, they are holding on to the ball a LOT more after the Iowa State game.

Yes he did an excellent job in every area in the losses to V-Tech, Tex-Tech and FREAKING IOWA STATE !!!

Ok, I don't believe Bo was the one who got burned so badly by blowing the coverage in the last minute of the VT game, that was O'hanlan. Secondly, I don't believe Bo lost any of those EIGHT turnovers during the Iowa St. game. He had good game plans in both of those games and we could have easily won both, problem is, the kids have to execute. A coach can only do so much, but when your receiver is running down the sideline after catching the ball, about to score easily and just drops the ball without even being touched :dunno , what do you do? Make him run stadium stairs for the next couple of days I guess. I swear the players were trying to out do eachother in creative turnovers during the Iowa St. game. :LOLtartar

Who do you think called the wrong coverage in that scenario???? It wasn't O'Hanlan's fault, we were in the wrong coverage! I'm sure there were posts to that effect after the VT game. Rob Zatechka had the same comment on the sound off after VT. Bo is doing pretty good but he ain't there yet. Iowa State proved that.