What an Uninspiring Win

Washusker

What an Uninspiring Thread

Yay. Another thread griping after a victory. Yippee.

Seriously - this is another frustrating thread to read. I don't know if it's the writing or the topic or the poster, but goodness, this is not a good thread at all.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but this was a pretty unsatisfying read. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this thread?

Otherwise, we are going to have to read drivel like this over and over, or something along those lines.

i had to read this again, classic.

Surprised there has been no talk about Pelini going for it at the end 4th and one on their own 30. :snacks:

Bo said in the presser that the players were pushing him to go for it....they told him that they'd get the 1st, no problem....

Bo said he trusted in his players confidece and that if they didn't get it, they'd have to deal with him(Bo) all this week...

DAMN YOU PEOPLE. SOME OF YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE PURPLES.

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN. WE HAVE 8 NOW, WITH OPPORTUNITIES FOR 3 MORE. DAMN IT I'M SICK OF THIS sh#t FROM YOU FRICKIN BABIES. 95 IS OVER. WE DONT JUST SHOW UP ON SATURDAY AND WIN 56-7 BECAUSE OF A RED N ON OUR HELMETS. A WIN IS A WIN, TAKE IT HOW WE CAN GET AND MOVE ON.

I am very inspired by the outright Big 12 North trophy. The staff will be inspired by the $$$ bonus so As they say :thumbs:hellloooo

"A Rose is A Rose is A Rose"

Thus B. A win is a Win is a Win

And Thus A Championship is a Championship is a Championship :bonez:bonez

But, also, remember we have games to play and Bo said his goal is to win Chamionships (Plural Tense) :woo:woo:woo

Yay. Big 12 North Champs. Yippee.

Seriously - that was another frustrating game to watch. I don't know if it's the play-calling or the quarterback or the O-line, but goodness, we are not a good offensive ball club.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but that was a pretty unsatisfying victory. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this offense?

Otherwise, we are losing to UT 20-3, or something along those lines.

I thought the game was great. I got in a nice long nap while they were trying to play a game of football. Really that had to be the most boring game I ever saw. When I wasn't napping that is .

Yay. Big 12 North Champs. Yippee.

Seriously - that was another frustrating game to watch. I don't know if it's the play-calling or the quarterback or the O-line, but goodness, we are not a good offensive ball club.

Sorry to be a sour-puss, but that was a pretty unsatisfying victory. Is there anything that can be done in the next two weeks to help this offense?

Otherwise, we are losing to UT 20-3, or something along those lines.

I thought the game was great. I got in a nice long nap while they were trying to play a game of football. Really that had to be the most boring game I ever saw. When I wasn't napping that is .

you were napping? how were you aware it was boring? you should watch Notre Dame, great offense, can't win a game though, but great offense.

Defense wins championships. Just ask Ohio St. and Oklahoma, who's big bad offenses went up agains

SEC defenses (one of which was Pelini's) in each of the last 3 years only be hand fed a can of ass whippin. We only scored 17, points, whoopee, they only got 3. How many times you see Florida or Alabama score just 17 or 20 points and still have it look like a dominating victory. Bo has brought the brand of SEC foot ball up here-awesome defense, solid running game, minimized offensive mistakes, sound special teams- and you know what it's working. We've learned the hard way with Callahan, what good is 34 points when your opponent scored 41. Now for Kansas St last night, what good was your 300 yard that the KSU boards are so proud of today in saying Nebraska is not that good, when you have 3 points, and we had 17. hmm.

Defense wins championships. Just ask Ohio St. and Oklahoma, who's big bad offenses went up agains

SEC defenses (one of which was Pelini's) in each of the last 3 years only be hand fed a can of ass whippin. We only scored 17, points, whoopee, they only got 3. How many times you see Florida or Alabama score just 17 or 20 points and still have it look like a dominating victory. Bo has brought the brand of SEC foot ball up here-awesome defense, solid running game, minimized offensive mistakes, sound special teams- and you know what it's working. We've learned the hard way with Callahan, what good is 34 points when your opponent scored 41. Now for Kansas St last night, what good was your 300 yard that the KSU boards are so proud of today in saying Nebraska is not that good, when you have 3 points, and we had 17. hmm.

that is a really good point, Bo might be trying to turn us into an SEC team. definitely makes sense and would be a good think.

to your point about scoring a lot of points: see Notre Dame.

Bo said in the presser that the players were pushing him to go for it....they told him that they'd get the 1st, no problem....

Bo said he trusted in his players confidece and that if they didn't get it, they'd have to deal with him(Bo) all this week...

Those are the types of things that I like to hear out of Bo!

After the chafed ovary inspiring initial post of this misguided thread, the originator of this craptastic thrill ride has disappeared like a bad fart in a car.

But I digress...

What in the hell did you want, the defense to play as they did, and have Lee throw for 300 yards, 4 TD's, run for another, while Helu runs for over 200 yards and 3 more scores on route to a 63 - 3 whoopin of KSU???

This is gonna come as a rude shock, but this is the really real world. Our offense isn't perfect, there are flaws, and we have a very good Defense.

To beat Texas, we have to play to our strengths and minimize mistakes...

After the chafed ovary inspiring initial post of this misguided thread, the originator of this craptastic thrill ride has disappeared like a bad fart in a car.

But I digress...

'Galldarnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue purttier than a twenty-dollar whore .' Taggart (Slim Pickens) Blazing Saddles.

blazingsaddles_04.jpg

But I digress...

'Galldarnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue purttier than a twenty-dollar whore .' Taggart (Slim Pickens) Blazing Saddles.

blazingsaddles_04.jpg

Blazing Saddle quote just made this thread worthwhile. :)

I like my koolaid Big and Red as a lot of folks, but to compare our current team to the elite of the SEC is laughable. Though Alabama or Florida may beat Texas, not terribly sure of that this year; the only way we beat them is to have the luckiest game we've had in decades and they have the inverse. Comparing us playing a fersh*t Ksuck team to Texas is silly. Can we beat them? Yeah maybe 1 time out of 30 or 40 tries with these teams, so there is a slim chance. Right now I worry about winning in Colorado. Losing that one would be Iowa State like bad.