Bo Pelini: Colorado is our rival

knapplc

did you actually listen to the presser? he wasnt qualifying colorado as a rival with that statement, rather making a point of how important it is for the team to give its full attention to colorado this week and not look ahead to texas, that the fans that drive across the state for home games deserve the huskers to give them the full effort in return when the game is in colorado. some of you are just as bad as the media.

did you actually listen to the presser? he wasnt qualifying colorado as a rival with that statement, rather making a point of how important it is for the team to give its full attention to colorado this week and not look ahead to texas, that the fans that drive across the state for home games deserve the huskers to give them the full effort in return when the game is in colorado. some of you are just as bad as the media.

he said point blank, they are a rival. i think he is even the one who brought it up.

I have decided it is not a rivalry and I believe your coach is mistaken and should concentrate on Texas, it really doesn't matter if you lose to Colorado, no different than who wins the spring game, so carry on, go worry about Texas.

Hey! That's about enough of your reverse psychology!

All I know is that I won't be around this message board until next fall if we lose to Colorado. It'll be the week after ISU times Eleventy billion.

Nebraska reminds me of my team when I played High school ball.. We didnt have a key name on our schedule that we hated or could really call a rival.. We wanted to beat everone one the schedule but every team we played had us circled and wanted to kill us... Now NU did used to have OU but since they dont play anymore its kinda watered down... When i watch NU every sat that its on I just want the Huskers to win...

Oh and Destroy any team they play in Texas lol...

he said point blank, they are a rival. i think he is even the one who brought it up.

"i get the feeling from the fans." "i judge that from the fans." the point i was trying to make is that Bo himself could care sh#t less if this is a rivalry game, Bo paints REAL BIG WIDE lines to read between. the title of this thread implies that Bo is calling CU out as our rival, when he is doing something very far from that. everybody else wants to talk rivalry this, rivalry that. The guy is smartly blowing by it. you want to know how Bo really views the game, go to the link in the first post and listen past the 12 minute mark.

"i get the feeling from the fans." "i judge that from the fans." the point i was trying to make is that Bo himself could care sh#t less if this is a rivalry game, Bo paints REAL BIG WIDE lines to read between. the title of this thread implies that Bo is calling CU out as our rival, when he is doing something very far from that. everybody else wants to talk rivalry this, rivalry that. The guy is smartly blowing by it.

yeah, you are right. i knew you would come back and prove me wrong. frankly i really do not care. who really does care, i want to win because i hate CU, but i do not consider them a rival, they are just a paper rival. i would like to see a rivalry with Mizzou like an OU/UT rivalry, but Mizzou has KU, so we are left to just play to win the game. people love to call NU their rivalry because of the respect of our tradition and past dominance, just like how everyone is ND's rivalry even though ND has not been relevant for ever, and they consider USC their rival, even though that game has not mattered for a very long time. in the end, a rival is up to the fans. i got to believe every player plays every game like a rivalry.

:facepalm:

Bo Pelini considers Nebraska's game against Colorado a rivalry game, and says the Huskers won't be looking ahead to the Big 12 Championship against Texas on Dec. 5.

Nebraska (8-3, 5-2 Big 12) travels to Colorado (3-8, 2-5) on Friday. The game begins at 2:30 p.m. on ABC.

Nebraska has won six of the past eight meetings in Boulder, but did lose in its last trip to Folsom Field in 2007.

In part, Pelini decides what a rivalry game is based on the fans.

“I know this is a special game to our fans and to Colorado fans,” Pelini said Monday during his weekly news conference. “The two states are close together and this game is important to our fans in western Nebraska, and they want bragging rights. They make a lot of sacrifices driving a long way to see us play, and we’ve got to have their back this week.”

Maybe this is just coach-speak, trying to maintain focus. But this makes me want to hurl. It's like-- wait... hang on... OH GOD

PLAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

.... uhhhh.... sorry about that. I thought I could hold it in. I'll clean that up.

I just don't see it. I never have. Put the CU game in early October and the Iowa State game the day after Thanksgiving and I'd feel the same way.

It's not a rivalry.

Here's the stupid LINK

Arkansas State is my rival. God I just hate them so much !!

:facepalm:

Bo Pelini considers Nebraska's game against Colorado a rivalry game, and says the Huskers won't be looking ahead to the Big 12 Championship against Texas on Dec. 5.

Nebraska (8-3, 5-2 Big 12) travels to Colorado (3-8, 2-5) on Friday. The game begins at 2:30 p.m. on ABC.

Nebraska has won six of the past eight meetings in Boulder, but did lose in its last trip to Folsom Field in 2007.

In part, Pelini decides what a rivalry game is based on the fans.

“I know this is a special game to our fans and to Colorado fans,” Pelini said Monday during his weekly news conference. “The two states are close together and this game is important to our fans in western Nebraska, and they want bragging rights. They make a lot of sacrifices driving a long way to see us play, and we’ve got to have their back this week.”

Maybe this is just coach-speak, trying to maintain focus. But this makes me want to hurl. It's like-- wait... hang on... OH GOD

PLAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

.... uhhhh.... sorry about that. I thought I could hold it in. I'll clean that up.

I just don't see it. I never have. Put the CU game in early October and the Iowa State game the day after Thanksgiving and I'd feel the same way.

It's not a rivalry.

Here's the stupid LINK

Arkansas State is my rival. God I just hate them so much !!

then you had a good year.

I look at it like this, if you really, really, REALLY dislike losing to that team, you play them annually and its a game that both teams look forward too, its a rival.

MU has like 4 trophy games, that doesnt make you rivals. MU and ISU have a trophy game. I could care less about ISU.

For most MU fans, they think of Nebraska or Illinios to be our rivals. Kansas, well that is just hate. Hate is not a rival. Hate is hate.