Fiesta or Holiday

np_husker

First and foremost, I want the Fiesta cuz that means we beat Texas. But actually watching OU vs. OSU today makes me think if we don't beat Texas we will go to the Cotton vs. LSU...that would have some good storylines with Bo going against his old employer. Guess you could say the same thing with Miles going against his old team if it is LSU vs. OSU. But OSU looked bad getting shutout so I am of the opinion that Cotton Bowl will take the Huskers if we lose seeing us as the next best Big 12 team to take (unless we are absolutely pitiful representing the Big 12 North in the Championship). If we end up in the Holiday Bowl, I am close enough that I could possibly go. I actually would want to play Stanford. First, I saw us play USC at the Coliseum a few years ago so be good to see another team. Second, USC is not having a good year and to beat USC this year would still be awesome for Husker fans but not a big deal really elsewhere. I am in SoCal and people realize USC is down this year and have lost some of their luster. Stanford on the other hand has a ton of buzz as this being their best year in a long time. QB Luck is a good one and Gerhart is Heisman contender. It would be Suh vs. Gerhart. Harbaugh is also very annoying and would be sure to stoke some pre-game hype and angst. Harbaugh and Bo would have to naturally hate each other with one having played at Michigan and the other at Ohio State. Stanford's offense is fun to watch and I think we could run our offense like Stanford and be successful. Holiday vs. Stanford could actually be a very good game.

If we go to the Holiday Bowl I'd want to face USC, why? Because they provide us with the best chance to pick up a W.

From what I've seen of USC is that they run a straight up pro offense that I think our defense matches up very well with.

Sure Stanford would be a good match up, but none of the USC backs are as good as Gerhart, and Luck is a better QB than Barkley at this point in their careers.

I really hope Oregon goes to the Rose Bowl because that is the last team I want Nebraska to face. They are probably the scariest team in the nation on offense this year, and while I have confidence in our defense, I don't think our offense could keep up with whatever our defense gives up (which might be a lot because Masoli is probably the best running QB that we'd face all year, and we've shown that we have problems containing running QBs in the past).

USC does always show up, but on the other side of the coin this isn't a normal USC team and this isn't for a BCS bowl. They scored 7 in one half against UCLA, and that was off of a pick-6. They have big offensive questions as well as defensive questions, and I doubt they've faced a defense like ours all season. I think we could win that game, but I'd rather play a weaker team and get into the offseason on a high note to retool.

If we go to the Holiday Bowl I'd want to face USC, why? Because they provide us with the best chance to pick up a W.

From what I've seen of USC is that they run a straight up pro offense that I think our defense matches up very well with.

Sure Stanford would be a good match up, but none of the USC backs are as good as Gerhart, and Luck is a better QB than Barkley at this point in their careers.

I really hope Oregon goes to the Rose Bowl because that is the last team I want Nebraska to face. They are probably the scariest team in the nation on offense this year, and while I have confidence in our defense, I don't think our offense could keep up with whatever our defense gives up (which might be a lot because Masoli is probably the best running QB that we'd face all year, and we've shown that we have problems containing running QBs in the past).

Although Oregon poses the greatest risk to our winning a bowl game, I'd love for Carl and Bo to have a try at stopping their Offense for the long term bennefits..Maybe get some ideas for the future of our program's Offense?

I just got back from the SC/Ucla game.

It was pretty much like watching our offense.

They have dumbed it down for Barkley. It was a very boring game.

I think we would man handle their Oline and put a real hurting on Barkley.

I will have a major tail gate at either Fiesta or Holiday Bowl. Both are close enough for me as long as Rawhide helps!!!!!!!!

SC announcers were saying they had been told it would be Oklahoma and SC in the Holiday bowl, but they have to beat Arizona next weekend. If Oregon State beats Oregon, Oregon goes to the Holiday bowl, they would be outrigth second and the rest are tied for third. They gave a whole run down, but feel they are headed to the Holiday bowl facing us or Oklahoma.

I will say this. Tonights game was about the most boring game I have seen in a long time.

If Craft had started, UCLA would have won. If SC runs Branford more they win easily.

Had a great time, going next week end if it figures I can watch the CCG. I have not looked at the times yet.

USC has been the dominant program for years. Their feelings were they would get the second nod.

I have no idea, but pretty much everyone says if Oregon wins, SC goes to the Holiday, at least what I have been reading.

I could care less who we play, I just hope it is the Fiesta, followed by the Holiday.

Close to home, and I can drag the fifth wheel to put on a huge tail gate like at SC the last time.

Today's Omaha World Herald (paper) stated that the Holiday Bowl rep said NU is at the top of their list if we don't beat Tex and USC would be the likely opponent if Oregon wins. They said the local USC interest along with the fact that "pacific life" (sponsor of bowl) really likes USC.....

I will stick with my original thought

NU vs Boise in Fiesta........if we are Big 12 champs

NU vs USC in Holiday........if we are not Big 12 champs

Obviously, Fiesta is the top priority for NU. Would LOVE to beat Texa$$. But if we go to a non-bcs bowl, I think itd better benefit the program to go to Holiday simply for recruiting reasons. CG will be the 2nd time this year to play in the state of Texas, so I think itd be great to get out to SoCal & play a game in front of some Cali recruits. Cant hurt. & the fact of playing in the same stadium twice in 4 wks if its not Memorial Stadium doesnt really sound like a winner in the attendance dept. Not really a whole lot to do in Dallas. San Diego on the other hand........

Hoping and thinking that we have a shot against Tex and end up in the Fiesta, but I just bought 3 tix to the Holiday bowl and reserved hotel in San Diego...... the tix are can be returned if we dont go...bought them from the Holiday Bowl website.... I am hoping to return them and head to Tempe, but just covering my bases.

Hoping and thinking that we have a shot against Tex and end up in the Fiesta, but I just bought 3 tix to the Holiday bowl and reserved hotel in San Diego...... the tix are can be returned if we dont go...bought them from the Holiday Bowl website.... I am hoping to return them and head to Tempe, but just covering my bases.

Hey HANC...I may be interested in doing the same in getting some Holiday Bowl tix and then returning them if we don't end up there. What is refund policy? Full refund? Looked a bit at the Holiday Bowl website but didn't see any policy listed. Can you provide link?

<_< I have my fingers and toes crossed (yeah, I have cramps...bad cramps) and am hoping that the moon lines up just right with the earth on Saturday and we actually come up with a win over Texas. Is it probable, probably NOT...but a guy can hope. If we could find some way to pull it off, it would definitely give our image to all those voters in the polls a boost. So, digging out the lucky shirt, putting on the lucky tenny shoes, and will be drinking my favorite adult beverage as I watch the game Saturday...hoping, and praying for that win. :snacks: I would like to see us go to the Cotton Bowl.

mind sharing what you paid for them?

Hey guys, I believe we paid $70 at ticket. We went through the Holiday Bowl website and used the on-line ticket purchase (ticketmaster). We kept searching until we got "loge seating" on the west side (almost endzone) on Big 12 sideline.

As we proceeded through the process with ticketmaster, right before we pushed "purchase" on the final page, it asked us if we wanted a $7.00 return insurance per ticket. It said that if we were unable to attend the event due to illness, weather, travel, etc. that we could return the tickets for a full refund within 10 days of purchase.

Maybe we are reading it wrong, we felt that if we don't go to Holiday, we are going to return the tix and say that we couldn't get a "flight" and assume that we can return tix. I figured paying $21 insurance to save a possible $240 was worth it.

Hopefully we understood it right. If not, I will try to re-sale the tix to another Big 12 school.

Hope this helped.