Are We Due?

mitch7

We've been snakebit against Texas, playing them tight but something happening every time that keeps us from winning. We're definitely due for some good luck against the horns.

I just hope if it's close the refs aren't hosing us like we've seen before. They need to recognize that while Texas would be out of the MNC picture we'd have two teams in BCS bowls and it's definitely a positive for the con if Neb becomes a power again.

I was looking at some of the past games and 3 out 4 were decided by three or less points. You can go back even further and see that this has been a pretty close series. All of these games were won by Texas so I think it is time the football gods smile on us again and give us a Big XII Championship!!!

Not true, we beat them in the Big 12 Championship exactly ten years ago in 99. Truth be told, we played them twice that year, they beat us 24-20 during the regular season. We got another shot at them in the Big 12 title game and beat them 22-6. As a matter of fact, that loss to them during the regular season was our only loss that year. So, it's been ten years since we beat them and it was for the Big 12 championship, I'd say we are do, Nebaska 17, Texas 14.

It all started with a 4th and inches rollout in 96, then a little man named Major in 98, Buckhalter's fumble on the goal line in 99, Lord interception in 02, Vince Young in 03 (all that has to be said there), Nunn's fumble in 06, "COSGROVE" in 07. Seems like all heartbreakers time after time when we play this program. NOW HAS TO BE TIME.

That 02 interception was the worst. There was no need to throw that pass. Terrible play call (I never blamed Lord, because everyone knew or SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that he wasn't a good passer. I always compared it to giving your calculus homework to a kid in special ed-- don't get mad at him when you fail, you shouldn't have given him that task in the first place). I decided sometime in the 4th quarter that even if we lost, I still would have seen one of the best games that I had *ever* seen, so it wouldn't be quite so bad. It was still bad, though. such a dumb way to lose.

we always have played well against texas we dont always win but they are close games i agree with the way the games have played out lately (terrance nunn's drop sticks out in my mind) we are overdue for a win. but texas is a very good football team this year.

what was that one game when we intercepted the ball inside the five and then they fumbled the interception giving them a fresh set of downs in which they scored...(i think it was against TTU, but it was awhile ago).

Yes, TT and it was LeKevin Smith that I was yelling to 'fall down'..... :facepalm:

Thanks. I'd repressed that memory :(

actually there is quite a bit more money for the big12 if both NU and UT make BCS games..........almost double in fact........

That is exactly correct. I don't think there is any more money for Texas to make the championship game rather than just a BCS game, is there? NU winning is the only way for the Big 12 to get a second huge BCS payday.

Texas, of course, would come out a lot better with merchandising, donors, etc, by winning the championship, but if you guys are really saying the refs will be calling the game to get the Big 12 more money, that's good news for us.

Yeah 02 was a heartbreaker. Wished we would've just returned the punt for a TD....or let JL continue ripping up Texas with the option.

I think the OU win was big. They were having a rough season but they were still favored in Lincoln. We also had our 57 yard field goal last year that to me was a gift from the gods. I just don't see how we keep this game ugly like we did with OU. The offensive playmakers will be the difference. OU's qb was fooled all day but McCoy's seen a lot over 4 years. Watching Hanson escape sack after sack friday really has me concerned about the secondary taking care of business only to have mccoy escape.

Yeah 02 was a heartbreaker. Wished we would've just returned the punt for a TD....or let JL continue ripping up Texas with the option.

I think the OU win was big. They were having a rough season but they were still favored in Lincoln. We also had our 57 yard field goal last year that to me was a gift from the gods. I just don't see how we keep this game ugly like we did with OU. The offensive playmakers will be the difference. OU's qb was fooled all day but McCoy's seen a lot over 4 years. Watching Hanson escape sack after sack friday really has me concerned about the secondary taking care of business only to have mccoy escape.

Overall our D since the KU game has been spotty. I chalk it up to a combination of exhaustion and the opposing teams ability in figuring us out.

Here's to hoping they put together their best defensive effort yet this year against UT.