What QB do you want in the 2010 class?

If this Gabbert rumor turns out to be true (which it seems to be), who should NU go after for QB in this class?

The problem is that Gabbert has really hurt NU in the time element. He has gone back and forth for so long that almost all quality QB recruits are committed elsewhere....thanks bud.

Jacoby Walker is good and I'd love to steal him during KU's coaching search. Sean Robinson is great but who knows if he would reconsider us after we told him no (thanks again Tyler). Could NU go after MU's current QB commit, James Franklin?

Who would you like to see us go after? Realistically, who do you think we even have a shot with?

If this Gabbert rumor turns out to be true (which it seems to be), who should NU go after for QB in this class?

The problem is that Gabbert has really hurt NU in the time element. He has gone back and forth for so long that almost all quality QB recruits are committed elsewhere....thanks bud.

Jacoby Walker is solid and I'd love to steal him during KU's coaching search. Sean Robinson is great but who knows if he would reconsider us after we told him no (thanks again Tyler). Could NU go after MU's current QB commit, James Franklin.

Who would you like to see us go after? Realistically, who do you think we even have a shot with?

at least we have a couple of months to find out. i wish we'd forced a final decision a bit earlier, but we've still got time to find someone else.

James Franklin wouldnt be a bad pick up. If we go to him and tell him that Missery is going to become Gabbert U and he wont get a fair shot at QB. Franklin is from Texas as well so maybe Beck can pull some strings and get the kid up for a visit. According to Rivals we would only be is second offer as well.

I wanted Sean Robinson from day one. He was a four star kid until we stopped recruiting him. Not that I am a star gazer or anything. Hes 6ft5 205 and runs in the 4.5s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yet we wanted 6ft NOTHING 190 lb Gabbert that runs in the 4.7-4.8s?????????

But with the recent developments reguarding Shawn Watson's golden boy and Ted Gilmore's recruit CC both decommitting I think it might be a sign that Watson and Gilmore's seats could be hotter than we think.

None. While I appreciate the revenge factor in going after Franklin, I don't think we need (or have the room) for a QB in this class. Turner in 2011 is really high on us, and we've got a good chance with Christian Suntrup next year. We recruited 2 last year in Green and Martinez. Spano will be healthy next year. That's 3 that can take the starting job away from Lee. We can afford to sit on QB this year, and go after Turner hard next year.

James Franklin wouldnt be a bad pick up. If we go to him and tell him that Missery is going to become Gabbert U and he wont get a fair shot at QB. Franklin is from Texas as well so maybe Beck can pull some strings and get the kid up for a visit. According to Rivals we would only be is second offer as well.

I wanted Sean Robinson from day one. He was a four star kid until we stopped recruiting him. Not that I am a star gazer or anything. Hes 6ft5 205 and runs in the 4.5s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yet we wanted 6ft NOTHING 190 lb Gabbert that runs in the 4.7-4.8s?????????

But with the recent developments reguarding Shawn Watson's golden boy and Ted Gilmore's recruit CC both decommitting I think it might be a sign that Watson and Gilmore's seats could be hotter than we think.

Franklin will be in classes in Columbia next month.

I want Sean Robinson, I never wanted Tyler Gabbert. Screw taking Wray, Franklin, Walker, or Turner - Sean Robinson is the man for Nebraska

I agree that Sean is number 1 but I don't think it will happen. I also like Cdog's point on our positions with Turner and Sunstrup. I tend to forget about Martinez being a QB also. It would be nice to see what Martinez can do on the field....the guy is a proven winner and i could see him being a "todd reesing" type of player.

Franklin will be in classes in Columbia next month.

Thanks

I really don't care about losing Gabbert. He's a poor man's version of his older brother and there have been numerous analysts who claim he isn't that good. I say go for the 6'5 dude Robinson. Let Tyler go to Mizzou, eek out an 8 win season, make the Texas bowl, and then move on with his life.

True. Personally, I think Gabbert saw a lot of Lee in himself and got scared. He will excel in mediocrity at MU......

I really don't care about losing Gabbert. He's a poor man's version of his older brother and there have been numerous analysts who claim he isn't that good. I say go for the 6'5 dude Robinson. Let Tyler go to Mizzou, eek out an 8 win season, make the Texas bowl, and then move on with his life.

True. Personally, I think Gabbert saw a lot of Lee in himself and got scared. He will excel in mediocrity at MU......

True. But only after big brother graduates.

True. But only after big brother graduates.

i thought it was sort of wierd that he came to nu,,being gabbert was from mo, and his brother is playing there....the move does not surprise me....he is really small for a qb,,,but must be fairly decent.

There are facts and there are hard feelings after a kid departs. The fact is that the coaches and the rating services, found lil Gabbert to be the best QB we had available this year. It didn't work out. We are not going to get a better QB at this late date. No way Franklin is going to run to us after having been stuck on Missouri and enrolling next semester.

The good news is that Missouri has 3 good QBs next year and they can't take them all. Suntrup is one. Coffman whose brother was a QB at K-state and a nother a tight end at Misery and Berk something. Misery has a committment from the Berk guy. Don't know anything about him but I suspect he is who they think is the best but doesn't mean the other two are not better. I just hope we don't do something stupid and go after a JC Qb.