What QB do you want in the 2010 class?

Going after Cameron Newton, the five star JC QB who just wrapped up his season vs. Fort Scott, would not be stupid IMO. I know Zac Lee hasn't been the posterboy for JC QB success, but everyone is different. Hopefully, if Wats somehow dumbed down the playbook enough or if we brought in a new O Coordinator with a simpler scheme, Newton would be able to step in and possibly run it right away.

I think he would actually excell at running the zone read and power options, something Wats seems to love. Cam would be an absolute HORSE to bring down, dude runs about 6'6" and 245 lbs. Huge QB. He was at Florida and appeared to be the main man after Tebow, but got busted for stealing a laptop and wound up at Blinn JC. If he's cleaned up his act, I'd absolutely love to see him under center.

Are people really that set on this Newton kid? So what if the guy has crazy measurables, by all accounts he is also a thug with an ego the size of Jupiter. Why on earth would we want a guy with that kind of baggage? Isn't this the same school that dumped Castille and Dixon for allegedly smoking weed? Sorry but in my eyes committing burglary and larceny and then lying to investigators about it are far more unforgivable offenses than smoking a little tree!

Let KSU have this headache, we certainly don't need it here. Otherwise why even claim to hold our student athletes to a high standard when your bringing in criminals to fill in the perceived holes in your roster? I just don't understand this kind of thinking!

Going after Cameron Newton, the five star JC QB who just wrapped up his season vs. Fort Scott, would not be stupid IMO. I know Zac Lee hasn't been the posterboy for JC QB success, but everyone is different. Hopefully, if Wats somehow dumbed down the playbook enough or if we brought in a new O Coordinator with a simpler scheme, Newton would be able to step in and possibly run it right away.

I think he would actually excell at running the zone read and power options, something Wats seems to love. Cam would be an absolute HORSE to bring down, dude runs about 6'6" and 245 lbs. Huge QB. He was at Florida and appeared to be the main man after Tebow, but got busted for stealing a laptop and wound up at Blinn JC. If he's cleaned up his act, I'd absolutely love to see him under center.

It is funny how quickly people forget that NU had a JUCO QB a couple of years ago that won Big XII Offensive Player of the Year.

That's my biggest concern/question mark about the prospect of taking a JC QB to run Watson's system. He tried dumbing it down this year for Lee and Green. Lee just sucks even with a dumbed down system, but Green still hasn't shown that he's able to handle even the bare bones version of the offense this season. Maybe Newton would be different, but for some reason he doesn't strike me as a Rhodes scholar.

Sean Robinson, please oh please. He'd be a great xmas gift.

I would love to see Sean wearing Scarlet and Cream also, but everyone should realize that it would take him 2 years to make an impact. He is a bit of a project.

Why is he a bit of a project and why would it take him 2 years to make an impact?

I don't know how long it will take, but he needs to have his mechanics corrected. His throwing motion is really funky. His motion makes him take extra time in his delivery - extra time that he probably can't afford with the speed of the college game.

:yeah Also Sean has only been a QB 1 or 2 years now, IIRC he was a WR before that.

Robinson. I don’t think we’re going to get anyone though.

Yeah, but I'm not too worried about it either. I think we should focus on Cooper, Hill, Heard, and Lamb and call it good this year. Then go after 2 QB's next year.

With the recent events at S. Florida and Levitt if an athlete like Carnes wants N I THINK we will make room for him.