Turner Gill to Kansas

NoLongerN

College Football Live on ESPN has Turner Gill and Skip Holtz (Lou's son) as candidates for the Kansas opening.

Personally, I'd love to see Gill running our offensive coordinator and help in recruiting the kind of talent at QB and WR we'd like. I also like the "tie" to the past.

I know there will be posts as to how and why this can't/won't happen.

SheepdogMark

College Football Live on ESPN has Turner Gill and Skip Holtz (Lou's son) as candidates for the Kansas opening.

Personally, I'd love to see Gill running our offensive coordinator and help in recruiting the kind of talent at QB and WR we'd like. I also like the "tie" to the past.

SheepdogMark

:facepalm:

The biggest reason is that even though he has a lot of ties and a lot of love for the Nebraska program, it is still a step down for his potential. Even though Nebraska is a much bigger program than Buffalo, I don't think there is any OC job that would give him a comparative advantage over going to Kansas.

SheepdogMark

Yes there will. If you do a search on Gill as OC, you can read them.

Gill to be named Kansas coach

By Jason King, Yahoo! Sports

49 minutes ago

Buzz up! PrintTurner Gill will be named head football coach at Kansas, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Gill, 47, coached at the University at Buffalo from 2006-09. He went 20-30 overall and 14-18 in the Mid-American Conference.

More From Jason KingTemper tanks Mangino Dec 3, 2009 Gill had losing seasons in three of his four years, including a 5-7 mark in 2009.

In 2008, Buffalo went 8-6 and won the MAC title.

Gill emerged from a list of candidates that included Stanford’s Jim Harbaugh and East Carolina’s Skip Holtz.