What are we wanting out of the University of Texas and Big 12?

CornBall

Gee, speaking of pleasantries, thank you and good day.

If you can't stand the heat....

and you're the ultimate heat giver, right?

You say so. I'm just calling you out on your huge pantie bunch. If you think that's the "ultimate heat," whatever.

there's one like you on every board. The one that's "above the fray". The one that always has the last word. The ultimate comeback. The one that can discern legitimate discussion from panty bunch. The one who can express his own opinion, yet diss anyone else who might express theirs. God I admire you.

I love America. :thumbs

Your opinion matters so much to me. If you could only feel the hurt I feel right now. Oh. The pain.

Gee, speaking of pleasantries, thank you and good day.

If you can't stand the heat....

and you're the ultimate heat giver, right?

You say so. I'm just calling you out on your huge pantie bunch. If you think that's the "ultimate heat," whatever.

there's one like you on every board. The one that's "above the fray". The one that always has the last word. The ultimate comeback. The one that can discern legitimate discussion from panty bunch. The one who can express his own opinion, yet diss anyone else who might express theirs. God I admire you.

I love America. :thumbs

Your opinion matters so much to me. If you could only feel the hurt I feel right now. Oh. The pain.

I'm just glad you are there to insert the final word....so go ahead now....

I'm just glad you are there to insert the final word....so go ahead now....

Final word? Why, thank you!

My final word on this is that you're whining about nothing. You're expecting a level of behavior from an entire fan base that's unrealistic, that doesn't exist anywhere, and that wouldn't be representative of a real-world gamut of emotions that would logically be expected from any diverse group.

Further, the team you're defending has exhibited and continues to exhibit behavior far worse than any example you've come up with. So, the ideal you expect from one team you don't expect from another. Illogical.

Also, when someone calls you out on that unrealistic expectation, you go into attack mode and start sniping. That makes you a hypocrite, since you're clearly not evincing the behavior you demand from this fan base.

You've been shown, by your own behavior, to be unrealistic and a hypocrite. You could improve by acting in a manner you demand Husker fans act in, and by holding every school and fan base up to the same level of behavior you want from us.

And that's.... one to grow on. :thumbs

I don't have anything against Texas or Texas fans. I had a great time at the game and it was refreshing to be around fans that actually root for their team (and not against yours).

I am frustrated with the argument that Arlington is a neutral location, etc. I'm against that. Not Texas. Not the Big 12 South.

I'm not ashamed to say that my two favorite teams are Nebraska and whoever's playing Texas. That said, I don't have any animosity toward aTm, in fact I have some good friends who went to college there, and besides some of the 'good-natured ribbing' CornBall spoke of, there's nothing but congratulations and well-wishing the whole season.

With the university of Texas and their fans, it's entirely different.

In my experience, if there's any school and fanbase that gives the Nebraska program respect besides OU (Switzer, at least), it's aTm.

I don't have anything against Texas or Texas fans. I had a great time at the game and it was refreshing to be around fans that actually root for their team (and not against yours).

I am frustrated with the argument that Arlington is a neutral location, etc. I'm against that. Not Texas. Not the Big 12 South.

Granted, it's not the most neutral location, I'll concede that.

I do think it's a phenomenal venue that will provide a huge boost to our Texas exposure and recruiting whenever we are fortunate enough to get to play there. Roughly 25% of our roster is from the Lone Star State - good, bad, or indifferent - and a lot of these boys are on our team because they get a chance to kick their old high school buddies' arses several times each year.

Arlington isn't the most neutral location, but neither is KC. KC is an average of 370 miles further from Big 12 South campus cities than Arlington. From the Big 12 North campus cities, Arlington is 441 miles further than KC. That's a difference, but not a huge one.

Yeah, but should we go play in the Metrodome? Or Arrowhead? Or Mile high? Those places are dumps. While I dont like the CCG being there all the time, it would be stupid of us to NOT play in Jerry world. That place it the unholy love child of unlimited ego and unlimited money, and that is how we can get recruits. When you can walk up to a kid, who is on the fence about coming here, and tell him "you come and play with us, and we can let you play on the biggest stages in America" that can weigh heavily on them. Should we have it in Texas every year, no, but at this time I really dont see anything that will compete with what they have.

I do agree with what someone else said, and bring in a crew from a neutral conference. In this case no B-12, or SEC, as they would have conflict of interest.

I don't have a real problem with playing the CCG at Jerrydome every year. It puts us down in a high-profile recruiting area, and when we go there and represent ourselves well, it looks good for us. It's on us to win, no matter the location. Home field is only an advantage if we let it. Plus, there are a LOT of Husker fans in Texas. They filled the stadium with plenty of Red when many thought we'd get blown out. Imagine how crowded that place will be with Husker fans when we're favored.

If you want an example of what it takes to win in hostile territory, look at Texas beating the Huskers in the Qwest Center the other day. They had a good team, they got punched in the mouth early, and they came back and won. I think the Final Four should be at the Qwest every year - we'll fill that stadium every single year, it'll be a great showcase, and yeah Nebraska will have "home court," but it's not unfair to a team with the skill to overcome that.

If you want an example of what it takes to win in hostile territory, look at Texas beating the Huskers in the Qwest Center the other day. They had a good team, they got punched in the mouth early, and they came back and won. I think the Final Four should be at the Qwest every year - we'll fill that stadium every single year, it'll be a great showcase, and yeah Nebraska will have "home court," but it's not unfair to a team with the skill to overcome that.

:yeah

allow to state why I am pissed at this anti-Texas rhetoric...

1. I grew up in Texas and have always loved the Huskers. I couldn't afford the out of state tuition so I went to UT and graduated with a BBA. Some years later, I had the chance to enroll in NU's MBA program (distance) and I earned it.

2. I know how strong the roots are in Texas for Nebraska in terms of alums and fans, and it just pains me to see NU nation pick Texas apart like there is some conspiracy against NU. It makes me sad because my love for NU has spread to my entire family - my son wants to earn a scholarship at NU some day.

So this is an emotional deal for me, really. I think if NU left the Big 12 it would drive us into obscurity. Lincoln is geographically isolated and I hate that but it's a fact. It would be the same if we left for another conference, but our recruiting would suffer big time.

Those of you that don't live in Texas, I can tell you this state overall has huge respect for our NU program, and it saddens me to see this kind of talk.

I know it's just a message board, but it's still sad. Heck, me and my buddies have probably made 30 or more trips to Lincoln from Dallas up I-35 to see our Huskers. Austin itself has a huge NU alumni base.

So I'm sorry, but this just hits close to the heart for me guys.

Of course they have huge respect for us. They respect us for bending over and taking it just like they wanted us to. They got the conference they wanted, and they got everything set up just like they wanted in order to take over the conference and end up the "head" of the league. Yes, some of it was our own fault, but things have gotten even worse than anyone has expected.

I was watching 60 minutes(I think) the other night and they were discussing how Mack got his $5mil contract and how all the faculty were mad because the school is struggling financially. They talked to the AD and he said they made like $85 million last year from football, and they gave a whopping 6.5 million to the school. I don't remember what NU made from football last year but I think it was something like in the $60ish million area. Look how much more money they make than us!! Where do you think this money comes from?? TV, ads, commercials, and big money texas.

Those who say, ya well we have Buffet. Well Buffet is rich as hell, but he doesn't live and die Nebraska athletics and doesn't throw that much money to them. Now, on the other hand, there are many, many rich people in Texas, and many are huge UT football fans and give ALOT of money to them. When you add up all these people and their money we can't compete. Then on top of that, they get more money funneled to them secondary to tv and other conference things.

Sorry, but if people don't think there is a southern bias in our conference then you better take a harder look. You are the people who also would say ESPN doesn't have a bias towards the SEC and Tebow.