• 2 weeks later...

No way Mangino is coming to NU. But if he was, I’d take him in a heartbeat--if it was up to me. The guy is a damn fine coach and OC. We coulda used him this year.

Sure you'd take him in a heartbeat, but the next one he might be in cardiac arrest.

America's new Health Care Reform plan should consist of hiding the cupcakes from Mangino or putting his fridge one flight of stairs above his living quarters.

:sarcasm Mangino would never pass the physical. Do we really want someone like that on our sidelines? We would have to take out the first two rows in the stadium on the home side.

There is only ONE job at memorial stadium for mangino, the back up to the weiner schlinger... Mangino has the right build, all he needs is a beard.

:sarcasm Mangino would never pass the physical. Do we really want someone like that on our sidelines? We would have to take out the first two rows in the stadium on the home side.

There is only ONE job at memorial stadium for mangino, the back up to the weiner schlinger... Mangino has the right build, all he needs is a beard.

• 6 months later...

Not that I mind people posting rumors from sources, but this has got to be BS. It would be the exact opposite direction from the run-oriented offense Pelini would want, and the character of the big man is so much in question right now that you'd be picking your poison.

Yep. And not that coaches need to be in tip-top shape, but what athlete could really take a morbidly obese coach seriously? "Run this route this way." "Why, obviously you haven't?"

I was at work on Saturday talking to a Husker Fan who had "inside sources", that said Watson is leaving and Mangino and others are coming in. Mangino is supposedly going to be Nebraska's new Offensive Coach. I didn't know this, but the guy said that Mangino and Pelini and some people worked together somewhere before, (Oklahoma or LSU?) and that they're "putting the band back together". I guess we'll have to see what comes from this.

Just saw this thread pop up again, thought I would say that if we ever hired Mangino we would be committing recruiting suicide.