If there is any substance to this rumor it doesn't worry me at all. Mangino might be damaged goods, but he is a hell of an offensive football coach.

I don't see a man trying to save his reputation making the same mistakes if he came to Nebraska.

1. Our prestigious Athletic director would send him packing instantly.

2. I believe our head coach would roast him on a spit over an open fire and serve him on the training table if he did anything remotely similair to what was alleged at Kansas.

I can't believe this thread has as many posts as it does. Mangino here? Makes no sense. The guy sits out a year or two...he can coach again after the fire has cooled. Especially if Gill struggles at first. I heard that a lot of former assistants working under mangino left because of him. Always wondered by Beck came here for the same position. A step up sure but still an interesting jump.

Also, didn't Beck work for Mangino?

No...Harrison Beck was a Callahan recruit and played all of one game for us.

Is this a serious post? :facepalm:

Ha ha! It was sarcasm. He was talking about Angela Beck the Husker lady basketball coach in the 1990s.

Who is Harrison Beck anyway??