I was at work on Saturday talking to a Husker Fan who had "inside sources", that said Watson is leaving and Mangino and others are coming in. Mangino is supposedly going to be Nebraska's new Offensive Coach. I didn't know this, but the guy said that Mangino and Pelini and some people worked together somewhere before, (Oklahoma or LSU?) and that they're "putting the band back together". I guess we'll have to see what comes from this.

I'm pretty skeptical about these rumors. From what I know, if Watson left it would be voluntary. I'd love to see Mangino's offense come here - with Bo's defense, this would be a formidable team. And you know Bo has to be champing at the bit to get some offensive production.

I'd love to see it, but we'll see.

sweet jesus, i dont need any more nightmares. mangino is damaged goods. people can talk all they want that he was the victim of a witchhunt, but that former players standing up for him were very few and far between, i dont want his negative vibes anywhere near Bo's positive, let's take that hill boys ways.

If people around Nebraska thought Billy C and Watson threw the ball around the field to much they would go crazy about Mangino’s offense. Since 2004 his teams averaged 443 passing attempts per season to 405 attempts at NU. This year and last year KU threw the ball 506 and 500 times respectively. NU’s high was 481 in 2007, that same year KU threw the ball 475 times.

I was at work on Saturday talking to a Husker Fan who had "inside sources", that said Watson is leaving and Mangino and others are coming in. Mangino is supposedly going to be Nebraska's new Offensive Coach. I didn't know this, but the guy said that Mangino and Pelini and some people worked together somewhere before, (Oklahoma or LSU?) and that they're "putting the band back together". I guess we'll have to see what comes from this.

Carl Pelini, Mangino, and Bob Stopps all worked at KSU under Snyder.

Edit: didn't notice this was already answered above.

Also, didn't Beck work for Mangino? He was their OC or just running backs coach before Bo brought him here. There are definately "ties" but I don't buy this rumor for a minute.

Not a bad idea, just don't buy it.

Mangino antics in locker and Bo's on sideline, this State and TO wouldn't know how to handle such "antics".

Not saying I am against it.....