I was at work on Saturday talking to a Husker Fan who had "inside sources", that said Watson is leaving and Mangino and others are coming in. Mangino is supposedly going to be Nebraska's new Offensive Coach. I didn't know this, but the guy said that Mangino and Pelini and some people worked together somewhere before, (Oklahoma or LSU?) and that they're "putting the band back together". I guess we'll have to see what comes from this.

Unless your "inside sources" include Pelini's salt-water aquarium guy, this has no legitimacy.

I doubt Mangino comes here. He doesn't fit in with the rest of the coaching staff (you know, lean and fit).

But seriously, I really think the dude needs to take at least a year off and get his health under control. I promise you right now if he doesn't lose alot of weight and get healthy and find another way besides eating to cope for stress he will be dead sooner than later. He almost is assured of having Type II Diabetes, and in that case it only takes one good infection and the end may come quickly.

Mangino is from Pennsylvania not Ohio.

So you're saying he had a long commute to Youngstown every day? :)

He went to High School in Pennsylvania

He was an assistant coach at his alma mater, New Castle (Pa.) High School, for four seasons.

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-footbl...ino_mark00.html

Sorry, I meant Carl\Bo\Beck, I had Mangino in parenthesis as a sidebar and meant to exclude him from the, "they all". It was in response to the notion that somebody didn't respond why Beck would ever come to NU.

I doubt he would come here. i see quite a few problems with him in lincoln.

1. They dont sell any XXXXXXXXL N jackets

2. The cost of reinforcing the toilets would be outrageous

3. Valentinos would go out of business trying to re-stock the buffett for pre ang post game meals

4.the doors arent wide enough

1. Just need a red circus tent and some volunteers from the sewing circle.

2. It's an Ag state so I'm sure there are some farm boys that could just shovel up the poop.

3. Ahem. Valentinos would gladly open a special wing in his office.

4. There are plenty of dual opening doors.

Not that I want him. <_<

Beck might quit if Mangino came here. Rumor is that the KU assistant coaches hated Mangino after he threatened to fire them after almost every game and practice. That's also the supposed reason why coaches bolted for Miami, Nebraska, K-State, etc.

But, if there is indeed a shakeup in the offensive coaching staff.... imagine Beck the O-coordinator and Mangino running the O-line. What a turn around that would be. That would also make for a lot of weird connections between the two programs now that Turner is at KU.

Bottom line, Mangino knows football, but he doesn't know self-control, both emotionally and physically. I think it would be a bad hire with all his baggage.