Top 5 Husker games I have been to

seegreen17

1. Nebraska vs Texas 2009- Well we all knew how this went down. But after Alex made the field goal to put us up 12-10...I saw my father and he had tears in his eyes. All I could do was hug him and tell him we are going to win. As soon as they got into Nebraska territory you had the feeling we would lose after the horse collar. But when McCoy rolled out, I was watching the clock. We were about eye level with the big screen, I watched the clock slowly tick down. He threw it out of bounds and I saw the clock hit :00. I started jumping up and down and hugging my dad. He said what happened and I said look at the clock. He started twirling me around and I put my right hand in the air and started screaming we are number one. Then they said they would put a second back on the clock. Once they finally lined up for the field goal...I said if there is a God in the world, then we will block this kick. Once the kick was in the air I looked to the Texas fans behind the goalposts. They had not given a reaction yet, so I thought he may have missed it. Once he made it, I felt like crying. I also went to the Virginia Tech game this year, and I had the same feeling after he made that kick, as when Vtech scored late. But this was easily the best game I have been to. I have never been to a game where I celebrated a win when the clock his :00 and we lost. But I did witness one thing after this game: the "real" resurgence of Husker football.

2. Nebraska vs Oklahoma 2009- This was a real toss up for me because I was also at the Oklahoma game in 2001. But this game was electric. The tunnel walk started with the In the deed the glory video, which really got the crowd fired up. After we blocked their 2nd field goal attempt, the crowd was absolutely electric. My dad and I yelled the whole game. I will never forget when Asante hit their receiver and his helmet rolled to the ground. I have never seen Memorial Stadium that loud for an entire game in my existence. Once O'Hanlon intercepted the ball, I started hugging all the other fellow season ticket holders around me along with my dad. The 70 year old man who cannot stop talking to me before the game said it best when the clock his zero. "We're going bowling."

3. Nebraska vs Oklahoma 2001- This game was amazing for me. This game was involved in my first ten Husker games and the crowd was electric this game. I will never forget Jason White limping off the sideline after we hit him hard. What a shame, he was out for the season. It was such an ugly game throughout the first half and until about mid way through the 4th quarter. But when they handed off to Thunder and he pitched it back to Mike Stuntz he threw it to Eric Crouch and scored, it was 2nd loudest time I had ever seen Memorial Stadium. I remember listening to the radio call of this score after the game. "Crouch hands it off to Thunder who gives it back to Mike Stuntz...he's gonna throw it...and he's got a man out there at the 40...and it's...Eric Crouch!!! 15...10...5...Touchdown Nebraska...Yes!"

4. Nebraska vs Colorado 2008- We all thought Joe Ganz blew the game and maybe the season for us when he got sacked back at the Colorado 40. When Alex Henery trotted out there to do the impossible, I thought Bo was crazy. "Go for it," I said, "There is no way he will make it." When he got the kick up I wondered if he would have enough distance, but once he made it. I went crazy, and the guy in front of me looked at me and said, "You didn't want him to kick it." My dad twirled me around and Memorial Stadium was the loudest I have ever heard it. Then when Suh picked it off was a great ending to an unbelievable game. Bo said it best about Suh after the game, "He keeps telling me he's a running back."

5. Nebraska vs Pittsburgh 2003- This is an odd game that just stood out in my mind. Cory Ross scored the lone touchdown for the Huskers in the 2nd quarter. Then Pitt went to kick the game winning field goal with 7 seconds left and they snapped the ball and hit off the holder's helmet and went 5 yards backwards. One second was left though and they went to kick it again and we blocked it. The cover of Huskers Illustrated said it best the next week "Block Party."

I am 16 years old and have been to 80 Husker games including home, away, bowl, and conference championship games. I hope to become a future sports writer when I am older.

Cool, but the NU-Pitt game was in 2005, and Zac Taylor scored the only TD.

My top 5 are:

1. Missouri-Nebraska- 1996- My favorite because it was my first game. Got me hooked good.

2. Coloardo-Nebraska- 2008- What a wild one this was.

3. Texas-Nebraska- 2006- When the snow started coming down, I thought it was ours. Octavien was like a mythical beast that showed up for 1 game in his 3 years and this was it.

4. Texas Tech-Nebraska- 2005 - Another wild one with a disappointing finish, but it sure was fun.

5. Iowa State-Nebraska- 2005- 2 OT game that was tight as could be the whole game.

You've been to more games than me! Lucky you!

My top five would have to be (in no particular order):

1. Kansas State game – early 80s: This was my first ever Husker game. My dad took me down to Manhattan with a group of folks that included his college buddy. We sat in the first row, down in the corner of the end zone, and the Huskers ran two or three TDs right at us. The cheerleaders were right in front of us the whole time and I was just discovering girls and thought they were angels. We scored a bazillion points and won handily in a sea of red in Memorial Stadium South.

2. 1993 Huskers vs. Sooners: This was the game that Trev Alberts hurt his elbow in. It was a close game throughout, it was HORRIBLY cold, and eventually we won. The crowd was electric, and I nearly froze my feet off because I wore canvas shoes with thin socks. Pretty dumb.

3. 1992 Colorado game: The pasting we put on the Buffaloes was unmerciful. It was a cold, sleety, rainy game, and we demolished the Buffs from the start of the game 'til the final gun. The Buffs got a meaningless TD in the second quarter to make the halftime margin 24-7, and we poured it on in the second half. Bill McCartney was on the field the whole game, the crowd was calling for penalties on him the whole game, and I lost my voice the next day.

4. 1996: Not sure which game it was, but I took my boss to the game and the seats were so full we were absolutely crammed together like sardines the whole time. Even though I was married at the time (and still am), I wasn't complaining at all. My boss (female) was pretty darned good looking. :)

5. Not sure. All the rest were pretty fun. Maybe some of the games I went to while in school, sitting in the block with guys from my house. That was a lot of fun.

2. 1993 Huskers vs. Sooners: This was the game that Trev Alberts hurt his elbow in. It was a close game throughout, it was HORRIBLY cold, and eventually we won. The crowd was electric, and I nearly froze my feet off because I wore canvas shoes with thin socks. Pretty dumb.

This game was my first ever game. I stormed the field at the end of the game with my brother. It was pretty stinking awesome. That was probably the coldest game that I have ever been to.

1. 2009 Oklahoma- It has been a long time since I was this excited about a win. I drove all the way up to Lincoln with one of my OU buddies and when Landry threw that final pick I remember screaming, jumping up and down and hugging everyone in site. Just an amazing atmosphere and amazing night.

2. 2008 Colorado- First game I went to and I sure picked a good one. The kick and the pick. Nuff said.

3. 2009 Louisiana Lafayette- 300th Sellout. Lots of emotion and celebration in huskerland. I took my girlfriend to the game and she was blown away. It was a beautiful night for football and producing a shutout wasn't bad either.

1. 2006 USC - This away game has got to be my all time favorite game not because of the outcome, but because of the experience. Went to LA with 6 of my buddies for the weekend. The weather was perfect, we went to the beach, got to see he colosseum for the first time. Classic guys trip. Oh the memories (or lack thereof).

2. 1997 Washington - A close second. My dad and a group of his buddies went to the game and decided to bring 17 year old me along for the ride. We rode to the game on a chartered riverboat along the river-front that docks near the stadium. During a classic sports moment, a Washington fan's boat comes up and starts blaring their fight song. So, the Nebraska band, which happened to be on our riverboat, comes out off the first floor, points their instruments at the Washington boat and lets loose the Nebraska fight song. I still get chills thinking about it.

3. 2001 Oklahoma - My favorite memory as a student at UNL was this game. I can still remember jumping up and down in the stands and my roommate falling down three rows of bleachers after the Stuntz - Crouch touchdown. That campus was out of control before the game, and after the victory, oh goodness.

4. 2008 Colorado - What a rally! And then to rub salt in the wound, Suh flattens their Quarterback? I was hugging people I've never met. Hey, we had just made a miraculous comeback. Grown men who are strangers can hug right?

1. 2009 Oklahoma - One of the best games i have seen

2. 2008 Colorado, How silent the stadium was before "The Kick" still amazes me just as much as how loud it got after Henrey made it.

3. I think it was 2001 Rice when they handed out those cards and the stadium made a flag, that was a great moment of mine.

4. 2006 Kansas - First time in the new suites.

5. 1999 Southern Miss - First game

3. I think it was 2001 Rice when they handed out those cards and the stadium made a flag, that was a great moment of mine.

That 2001 Rice game featured one of the best pass plays I've seen by the Huskers, too. Crouch to Wilson Thomas, where Thomas laid out and caught the ball and hit the pylon as he caught it for the score. Really neat bang-bang play.

This is really hard to do:

1. Colorado 2008 - went with my father which is a big reason this sits at number 1. Also, just an amazing game with the best ending I'll ever see live.

2. OU 2009 - took my brother-in-law from Wisconsin and was blow away by how loud the stadium was.

3. Fiesta Bowl 1996 - we beat FL by 40, nuff said.

4. at Iowa 2000 - when Crouch ran over that DB near the goal line....wow!

5. Oklahoma 2001 - the reverse pass to Crouch.

1-- 96 Fiesta Bowl... I was in junior high. It was my birthday and christmas present wrapped into one...for several years the way my parents constantly reminded me of it. I remember Florida scoring early and being worried, and my Pops saying "there's gonna be alot of points--for us. Calm down." My dad threw me over the fence onto the the field past the security after the game, i looked back, confused. He yelled RUN, and I did. Made it out to the players. One of those experiences you catch yourself daydreaming about out of nowhere every once in awhile.

2-- 09 KSU... I was able to take my unborn child to his/her first game. He/she moved and kicked a ton throughout, cheering like mom and dad. Just the memories it brought back of my dad taking me when i was little and how much it meant to me was a lot to take in. Plus the win, and winning the North, was a cherry on top.

3--the rest...i cant think of many more that stand out to me right now. Those two have my mind clouded a bit. Ive been to a lot of games, lot of big ones, a few heartbreakers, and after I got out of the Air Force not having been to a game for several years, a few real stinkers during BillyBall. I loved them all.

5. Nebraska vs. KU 2008.

4. Nebraska vs. Colorado 1998

3. Kansas State vs. Texas A&M 1998 BIG XII Championship game (Bought tickets before Crouch all but got decapitated by KSU's Travis Ochs to send KSU to BIG XII Champ game )

2. Nebraska vs. Texas 1996 BIG XII Championship game

1. Nebraska vs. Missouri Nov. 8 1997. (The Kick, best game I've ever seen in person. Legendary!)

I am 16 years old and have been to 80 Husker games including home, away, bowl, and conference championship games. I hope to become a future sports writer when I am older.

Wow, 80 games! Sweet. And prolly not from the nosebleed section if you’ve been to bowl games, B12 CCG games and all. I’d bet dollars to donuts your dad or mom works for UNL. That’s prolly more games than 90% of the people on this board. More than me. And I’m a UNL grad. Ha!

The Pittsburg game you mentioned--was that the one where you could see the flooding river right outside the Pitt stadium?

1) Orange Bowl following 1994 season. Took my folks, great seeing T.O. win his first national championship with my dad.

2) 1978 Oklahoma game.

3) 1977 Alabama. Crimson Tide was rated #4 going into the game. Huskers were unrated. Huskers 31 Bama 24

4) 2001 Oklahoma game (was on my birthday..great present!!)

5) Hard to pick just one more.....

I've been fortunate to have seen a number of great games over the years. GO BIG RED!