Heard Chris Williams is no longer with the team

OKHUSKER

Ya I'm getting pretty tired of some of the crap that seems to keep going on as well. Beck, Dukes, Freeman, Gabberts, Lewis, Ross, come to mind just as recent four or five star recruits that have decommitted or left the program. Then we have guys like Williams, Yancy, Leon Jackson, Burkes, Dixon, Stafford, Leverson, Rodgers and Lawrence all quit the program for one reason or another. Since 05' (excluding Dukes) thats 11 four stars, a five star and three highly rated three stars leave the program before they exhausted their eligibility or decommitted before signing day. I'm getting freakin tired of this crap!

Chill man. Every team has attrition. Every team has players that don't live up to the hype, and every program has players that step up and perform beyond expectations. Nebraska isn't any different. We lost a player with potential, but that is all he was. Were you expecting Dejon Gomes to be performing at an all-conference level when we signed him? Most people thought he was a "nice" player, but were probably much more excited about Dijon Washington.

We can only have 22 positional starters. There will be lots of players that don't make it, and some of them will choose to go elsewhere.

The coaches cannot put anyone ahead of the team. If you are a walk-on or a 5 star, you have to have the desire and attitude to succeed. And looking at the depth chart, we are fine at linebacker.

:yeah

Chris is a 4* talent with a 1/2* desire to play football. That probably sums up why he was let go.

i've heard things bout him that i will only discuss through private messages. but if what i hear is true he isn't even a 1/2 *.

Better to let things like this go. He is not the first and won't be the last either.

All in all, he just had no will to play football. Injury or otherwise.

i wonder what the rate of that is for texas highschool football players?

Chris is a 4* talent with a 1/2* desire to play football. That probably sums up why he was let go.

i've heard things bout him that i will only discuss through private messages. but if what i hear is true he isn't even a 1/2 *.

Better to let things like this go. He is not the first and won't be the last either.

What is your point by that? Texas breeds football players. For instance, our weight training and football practice was actually a class. Yes, we practiced football during school hours.

This does suck. However if he chose to leave then he obviously was not a good fit and it probably turned out best in the long run.

What is your point by that? Texas breeds football players. For instance, our weight training and football practice was actually a class. Yes, we practiced football during school hours.

This does suck. However if he chose to leave then he obviously was not a good fit and it probably turned out best in the long run.

Maybe that's it. When you get football or any sport thrown at you 24/7 growing up, when is enough, enough before you are just burnt out. Maybe its just quit being fun, for him.

GBR!!!

Weight training is a class in many Nebraska high schools as well. I guess I didn't realize that it was a big deal.

I don't get the angst over this player. In all the evil projections of the destruction being wrought by our defense next year, not one time have I heard Williams' name brought up, yet despite this, every time I hear how this defense should be even better (overall) than it was in 2009.

I'm sorry he left. He sounded like a good prospect. But I'm not going to lose sleep over a guy who doesn't want his ticket on this train.

I don't get the angst over this player. In all the evil projections of the destruction being wrought by our defense next year, not one time have I heard Williams' name brought up, yet despite this, every time I hear how this defense should be even better (overall) than it was in 2009.

I'm sorry he left. He sounded like a good prospect. But I'm not going to lose sleep over a guy who doesn't want his ticket on this train.

:yeah

The guy has never seen the field and people are freaking out.

We have 2 RSFrosh who didn't look great but will get better.

Anyone see Eric Martin play? looks like a stud to me.

and now a 4* JUCO, not to mention the other players we had at LB like May

We're fine. Why freak out?

For me its just the principle of the situation. How are we supposed to create QUALITY depth if we can't keep solid recruits on campus or committed? Shoot OU loses a guy like Reynolds, a five star LB, and inserts Austin Box a four star LB. We lose a four star LB and all of the sudden we are inserting a 6 foot 200 lb walk on. I'm not saying walk ons are all bad but it's not really my ideal situation of having quality depth.

For me its just the principle of the situation. How are we supposed to create QUALITY depth if we can't keep solid recruits on campus or committed? Shoot OU loses a guy like Reynolds, a five star LB, and inserts Austin Box a four star LB. We lose a four star LB and all of the sudden we are inserting a 6 foot 200 lb walk on. I'm not saying walk ons are all bad but it's not really my ideal situation of having quality depth.

What is it about a guy who doesn't want to work, doesn't want to practice and doesn't want to earn a starting spot that makes you think he's a "solid recruit?"

And where is this walk-on business you're coming up with? :star :star :star Eric Martin is a walk-on? :star :star :star :star Lavonte David is a walk-on? And you're worried about losing :star :star :star :star Chris Williams.... why?

Weight training is a class in many Nebraska high schools as well. I guess I didn't realize that it was a big deal.

I have never played ball in Nebraska so I'm not really sure how that works. But freshman year in Texas we had football from 12:30 to 2:15 during school. Practice started at 1 and ended about 4. During the off-season it was strength and conditioning from 1 to the end of class. I brought this up because when I moved to Missouri and played the rest of my high school years, all football related activities were done after school. Idk about NE, but in Texas has the option to go full pads practice in May, or to start practice a few weeks early in July. It's up to the head coach. It Missouri, we could never put on the pads in the spring. Stupid MSHAA.

Huskered17 - that is very possible in Williams' case, between his injury and everything. But for the most part all of my teammates in Texas loved the game. Even now, a year after we graduated, they still go up to the high schools every weekend and play pick up games.