TCU Helmet

I remember in the late 70's on the local (Kearney/Axtell) tv news they showed a red helmet with a white "N" on it...

Scared the crap out of me..I thought, "What next? Wishbone Offense? Communism?". :madash

Butt....

Anyone seen the pearl paint jobs of many cars recently?

How about trying a pearl creme helmet with a mudder-of-pearl red "N" inlay?

Oh..And bring back the white shoes & sockies.

I like the double stripes we have now. And although the full length socks didn't look bad, they were horribly impractical (always pulling them up) and I don't think they go well with the type of physical mentality we want.

I would love to see white shoes (since, ya know, black isn't a school color) and I hate the yellow/cream shoulder stripes, but other than that I think our uniforms are perfect. Just fix those shoulder stripes for next year, and try white shoes.

(like these... with white socks)

http://www.shoebacca.com/adidas/university-le-534436.html

When I was flipping to the game and saw those HIDEOUS uniforms, My VERY first thought was:

This is why Nebraska, doesn't and SHOULDN'T EVER, change their uniforms.

They were so damn ugly, with the little fade up pattern of dots on the pants and helmets. their pants looked like they were wearing a Sumo thong where the stitching was right on their Cracks.

I think it's cool for ND to have their 'Green' jerseys and if Oregon wants to change uni's every week, it's kind of their 'thing'....but Penn State, Nebraska, Alabama, etc...

SHOULD NOT DO IT. Especially as some gimmick in a bowl game.

PS. Damn, those TCU uni's were ugly

I know that I might get ripped apart for this but I had a few interesting ideas on the uniforms. First after watching our bowl game with arizona there was one thing that stood out about their uniforms that I thought we could possibly run with, their helmets. I dunno if anyone else noticed but it seemed like the A really stood out and I would assume it was because there was not a stripe down the middle so the A was the only thing on the helmet and drew all the attention. Id like to see us try that and again if it doesn't look good we can always fix it like the 2002 jerseys. Now about the jerseys, i personally like the ones we had from 1999-2001 which are the exact same as what we have now except for the word NEBRASKA was across the chest very small above the numbers so I wouldn't mind adding that again. However, what I would like to see are some jerseys, such as the alternate ones for the 300th come out about once a year. Thus exciting recruits because as a 19 year old I do like to see schools come out with different jerseys and I really think it excites kids also, because usually after a weekend that oregon brings out their 20th different uniform of the year guys are still talking about it at school. And I know that may upset some people but honestly, our glory days are nearly 15 years old so these recruits we are trying to pull in were 3-4 years old at that time, which im sure they can hardly remember, unless they have always grown up a husker fan were going to need something more to pull them in. I would honestly like to see some throw backs to the 70's when we wore the 2 white shoulder stripes. Also something that has been bugging me is the arrogance that fans portray on here about were nebraska and our tradition is way to good to change anything. Listen im the biggest husker fan as the next person, but when we have struggled the way we did in the middle part of this decade its just dumbfounding to listen to people constantly say this when schools such as LSU, Ohio State, and Florida, who all had a lot better seasons these past ten years compared to us, have all had alternate uniforms that they pull out from time to time. Honestly IMO the older generation needs to be a little more open to tweaks in the uniforms, itll bring excitement to the younger generation of husker fans as well as possibly be a factor in landing us some top caliber recruits.

If NU ever had an alternate uniform that they wore from time to time I vote for using a retro uniform not some retarded third color thing. That way the kiddies’ and geezers can have their cake and eat it to by holding onto tradition but wearing something different.

Does anyone remember when the NU basketball team was actually good and they would wear black uniforms for big games?

Once again the TCU uniforms were crap and just like a lot of the Oregon uniforms complete trash IMO.

All%20Whites.jpg

Seriously, what do you guys have with these other than the fact that they are "alternates". There isn't any black except for the offensive linemen's leg braces (better than our current uniforms), the shoes are white with red trim, and the jersey and pants aren't any different than the ones we wear on our regular uniforms (they just aren't worn together.)

I personally love the all-white look, reminds me of stormtroopers or something (I love Texas' all-whites too), but I would also really like if it the pants were red, but we kept the long socks and white/red shoes.