Texas

So I signed on here after the Big 12 championship to say "good game" and I know that was painful for a lot of you and pissed off a bunch of the rest of you. So here I am with my Horns at half mast for you guys and you can pile on all you want.

As to my analysis, I'd have to say neither coach looks like they are worth 4 - 5 million to me. All year long I wondered why Mack didn't give Gilbert more snaps in games that were in the bag. Was he trying to help McCoy get the Heisman? I hope not. I bet Gilbert could have gotten a couple of games worth of experience in some of the one sided games...........I wish we'd used our time outs on defense to give our guys a blow in the first half. Then what the heck are we doing trying to get any points with a freshman quarterback with less than a minute left in the half. Okay not sure Sabin has been much more impressive with some of his decisions.

Anyway, its open season so take your shots I promise I will be back to see them all.....I guess I have basketball to look forward to.................. :horns2

Hey man...I hope nobody kicks a man when they are down around here! Your defense has looked good though. They look awesome out there with the exception of a few runs...but running is what Bama does.

I said the same thing about Gilbert to my dad...why was he not given more time running this offense?? But what can you do I guess. Oh and just so you know I am rooting for Bama...not because of the Big XII CCG but because I love that type of offense. Sorry man, but chin up...I hope Texas makes a comeback and it doesn't help McCoy got knocked out early either. So don't get too down man.

So I signed on here after the Big 12 championship to say "good game" and I know that was painful for a lot of you and pissed off a bunch of the rest of you. So here I am with my Horns at half mast for you guys and you can pile on all you want.

As to my analysis, I'd have to say neither coach looks like they are worth 4 - 5 million to me. All year long I wondered why Mack didn't give Gilbert more snaps in games that were in the bag. Was he trying to help McCoy get the Heisman? I hope not. I bet Gilbert could have gotten a couple of games worth of experience in some of the one sided games...........I wish we'd used our time outs on defense to give our guys a blow in the first half. Then what the heck are we doing trying to get any points with a freshman quarterback with less than a minute left in the half. Okay not sure Sabin has been much more impressive with some of his decisions.

Anyway, its open season so take your shots I promise I will be back to see them all.....I guess I have basketball to look forward to.................. :horns2

I'm not piling on (if you read my thread). I want Texas to win (ok I do call them TU), and I completely understand about losing McCoy, but where in the hell is the defense???? Texas was getting run all over in the first half like a middle school team.

By the way, second half is starting off a littel better.

McCoy going out and Gilbert not being ready for prime time is having a huge effect on this game. Texas came out rocking those Bama guys all over the place. It's all come undone now...

You don't like teams making excuses, but boy...that was tough.

I mean you take any team in the NFL playoffs and say their starting QB goes down. I mean, let's say New England loses Tom Brady against the Ravens on Sunday and Brian Hoyer has to come in and lead the team. What the heck are they supposed to do?

Texas playing well makes us look good and the Big 12 look good therefore I am rooting 100% for TU tonight. Disappointing that McCoy is out . TU was all over Bama to begin with. clearly TU(O and D) is freaked with McCoy out.

Yes, if Texas wins, Mack Brown will hoist up the crystal football and scream "Nebraska was the best team we played all year!," pollsters will make us #2, and every five star recruit in the country will call Pelini tonight to see if it isn't too late. Then it will rain ice cream cones and lollipops.

:laughpound:wasted Drinking rocks

Dude you got a tough break McCoy going out - with him in who knows how the game would end up. Hate to see something like that in a game like this.

But your team is in the NC game and ours isn't, so I hope people here aren't going to talk any crap.

Next season, though, NU is frickin gunning for TX and I hope it isn't pretty!

GBR

My Husker friends, is this fun or what???? Y'all got BENT OVER in the Big 12 CG, tejas told us all year that losing Sam was no excuse, and wow!!! What goes around, comes around, NEVER FAILS!!!!! I feel bad for Colt, hate to see kids get hurt, but I'm laughing my butt off thinking about all those @#%$ who cheered in Dallas when Sam went down. They are gonna have a LONG NIGHT!!! BWAHAHAHAH!!! ROLL TIDE!!! Hope they hang half a hundred on 'em, they're due.

McCoy going out and Gilbert not being ready for prime time is having a huge effect on this game. Texas came out rocking those Bama guys all over the place. It's all come undone now...

You don't like teams making excuses, but boy...that was tough.

I mean you take any team in the NFL playoffs and say their starting QB goes down. I mean, let's say New England loses Tom Brady against the Ravens on Sunday and Brian Hoyer has to come in and lead the team. What the heck are they supposed to do?

Texas playing well makes us look good and the Big 12 look good therefore I am rooting 100% for TU tonight. Disappointing that McCoy is out . TU was all over Bama to begin with. clearly TU(O and D) is freaked with McCoy out.

:yeah You hit the nail on the head.