Why Colt didn't return...................

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...o&type=lgns

I was skeptical about Colt his first season. He threw all these short balls the first half of his first year but he won me over when UT beat Tech in Lubbock after he had a horrible first 28 minutes. He threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown just before the half and I literally thought that might be the end for him. He walked off the field like a beaten dog. Then he came back in and threw a touchdown pass just before halftime. After that I had to say I'd been all wrong about him......I think if there was anyway he could have performed at a decent level he would have gone back in.......I gotta say I was thinking the same thing about Gilbert last night. He really took a heavy dose at the end but he seemed to shrug it off. Will be interesting to see if he's got it or not.....

First, I am not a McCoy fan....I think he lied his butt off after the Big 12, saying that "he knew" he had time.....

with that said, I felt bad for him and I agree that if he could have played he would have played. If you have a dead arm, you cant grip a football. Plain and simple. With the score not being close at HALFTIME......you don't risk anything.....personally, I don't think you ever risk a kids future, no matter the score.

As I watched Gilbert, I saw a kid that will be another GREAT Texas QB, which pi$$es me off, but its the truth. This kid is going to be good. How good is dependent on the surrounding cast, but he has skills, and to be able to shrug off the poor start and perform pretty well down the stretch showed a lot of guts.

Dont look at 4 int.....shuffle pass....horrid call (take a friggin knee), plus rb dropped ball, not Gilbert...... another int went through WR hands and was tipped twice, and final int came in desperation. His WR didn't do him any favors.

I have no issues with McCoy. I'm not so jealous of him and Texas that I can't respect the kid. He seems OK to me. I'm sure I'd love the guy if he was a Husker.

Gilbert looks raw but full of potential. I'm sure he'll be full-steam when he gets here next season.

I thought the comments to Salters after the game were moving. He almost couldn't continue to speak, he was so torn up. 45 wins and the biggest game of his young life and he has a dead arm on a routine play!!!

He showed he is a class act and he said he would've given anything to get back on the field and help his team.

His parents raised a great kid. They must be proud.

Too bad, because Texas wins that game if Colt plays 60 minutes.

NU get more props since we beat them in regulation. Did anyone see an extra second come off while the DT was celebrating in the endzone, end of firs half?

1 second extra clicked off the clock and it wasn't put back on. I know, sour grapes, but we can hang with both those teams.

Much like Tim Tebow, those who badmouth Colt McCoy and sell him short are either jealous or just annoyed with the media attention he gets. The guy makes mistakes, sure, but he has a good heart and has always conducted himself with class and humility.

Sorry your career had to end this way Colt, good luck at the next level.

Good god the kid has played damned near every down for four years. Gives everything he has every single game.

If this kid showed up on your door step wanting to date/marry your daugher he would be the greatest thing since slice bread.

I admire what he has done for Texas, his sincere compliments to Alabama and his love for his team.

Respect gentlemen, we need to learn how to respect our opponents, their players and their efforts.

This had to break his heart, knowing he wanted this more than anything he had ever wanted in his life and to lose it in the first series. Kids like Tebow and Colt do not come along every day. I am glad I got to watch them play, sad to see both ended the way they did. I would like to have seen Colt get the Heisman this year. He is what college football is about.

You can be Husker fan and appreciate what other teams and players do. It is what college football is about. Enjoy the effor they give for family, school and team.

Much like Tim Tebow, those who badmouth Colt McCoy and sell him short are either jealous or just annoyed with the media attention he gets. The guy makes mistakes, sure, but he has a good heart and has always conducted himself with class and humility.

Sorry your career had to end this way Colt, good luck at the next level.

The top part of your statement is incorrect. McCoy really IS class and reacted very gracefully afte the game; Tebow is just lame and is all for show.

That's a heartbreaking story. I really feel for McCoy. He seems like a good kid, and he's been a helluva college QB.

Sherrod Harris was the QB they recruited a couple years ago. I don't know why he's only at #3, but sometimes highly ranked recruits don't really pan out (<cough>Harrison Beck<cough>). I saw some mention of a knee injury in 2007 (article was subscriber only) so that may be part of it.

That's a heartbreaking story. I really feel for McCoy. He seems like a good kid, and he's been a helluva college QB.

Sherrod Harris was the QB they recruited a couple years ago. I don't know why he's only at #3, but sometimes highly ranked recruits don't really pan out (<cough>Harrison Beck<cough>). I saw some mention of a knee injury in 2007 (article was subscriber only) so that may be part of it.

I agree. I did root for Bama last night but I didn't want to see Colt get hurt....it really wasn't a National Championship game with Colt out I guess but thats just me...it just seemed like a regular game once Colt got hurt and all of that Championship hype went downt he drain.

The story did move me and its awful for Colt having to play his last game as a Longhorn against Nebraska and that wasn't a good game for Colt even though they did win and now he couldn't take another shot to prove everybody wrong that he was still a good QB.

After reading that story it kind of made me a bit upset of myself for rooting for Bama but then I started thinking about all of the comments that the Texas lineman said about them having an off game against Nebraska that I was over it and celebrating the Bama win.

I guess Nebraska fans can now go back to 1983 and claim Nebraska would have won the Miami game if Rozier would'nt have got hurt. After all he was a Heisman winner and main reason Nebraska was as good as they were. :sarcasm

By the way no I don't believe that it makes any difference one way or another INJURIES are part of the game.

I have no issues with McCoy. I'm not so jealous of him and Texas that I can't respect the kid. He seems OK to me. I'm sure I'd love the guy if he was a Husker.

Gilbert looks raw but full of potential. I'm sure he'll be full-steam when he gets here next season.

I think that's an understatement. This kid will be really good.

I agree. Kid has some of the right stuff.