Why Colt didn't return...................

Sad that Nebraska fans can not appreciate Tim Tebow and Colt Mccoy.

Not sad at all, it's perfectly understandable. Any time you have something shoved down your throat for so long, you're bound to eventually get sick of it. Hell, Husker fans were bitching about the Suh obsession that the media developed after they finally saw him. It gets old, and they overdo it TO DEATH.

We had the polar opposite of both of them and we wish the day he set foot here never happened.

Those two kids are what old Husker fans want on their team. They are what Husker players are about.

I feel sorry for both of them. Their last year did not turn out as they had planned, but both honored their comittment to their school, their team and their families. Bradford in the same way.

Life isn't fair. They might as well get used to it now. What do you want-all of them to get co-NCs?

It is sad that all three gave so much to play the last year that it ended the way it did.

Again-No, it isn't. It's called life.

But I admire all of them. Finishing what you start, not grabbing the big bucks, putting your word above the money. Not many people like them this day and age. Three kids that are not all about ME.

(Sorry, I really butched the quotes/replies in this)

It's sad that so many people hate players like McCoy and Tebow because they are great. Tebow is an INCREDIBLE college quarterback. So what if ESPN loves him? Big deal, he earned it.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

also, it is not their fault the media is obsessed with them. they just try to do their best and they happen to be awesome. i am sure a lot of people are tired of SUH, and think SUH is overrated, or believe their 'd' guy is better than SUH.

WC

You seem so knowledgeable about life. How old are you.

I have seen most of mine, and I have seen Husker nation change. Where we do not seem to appreciate what college football is really about.

Bad things happen in life, but you do not have to dislike the kids or wish them injury or bad luck. You do not have to revel in their failure.

Our fans have changed over the years. Some for the good, some for not so good. Never will the day come when I feel disdain for a good honest kid. Gang bangers on our teams with their shuckin and jiven, legal issues, never a thought of graduating, seems to be celebrated and kids that respect authority, praise God are ridiculed and hated. It is sad WC, my guess or hope is that someday you will realize it.

Sad that Nebraska fans can not appreciate Tim Tebow and Colt Mccoy.

Not sad at all, it's perfectly understandable. Any time you have something shoved down your throat for so long, you're bound to eventually get sick of it. Hell, Husker fans were bitching about the Suh obsession that the media developed after they finally saw him. It gets old, and they overdo it TO DEATH.

We had the polar opposite of both of them and we wish the day he set foot here never happened.

Those two kids are what old Husker fans want on their team. They are what Husker players are about.

I feel sorry for both of them. Their last year did not turn out as they had planned, but both honored their comittment to their school, their team and their families. Bradford in the same way.

Life isn't fair. They might as well get used to it now. What do you want-all of them to get co-NCs?

It is sad that all three gave so much to play the last year that it ended the way it did.

Again-No, it isn't. It's called life.

But I admire all of them. Finishing what you start, not grabbing the big bucks, putting your word above the money. Not many people like them this day and age. Three kids that are not all about ME.

(Sorry, I really butched the quotes/replies in this)

Just because it's a part of life doesn't mean that it isn't sad, unfortunate or unfair. It can be all of those things.

I have no issues with McCoy. I'm not so jealous of him and Texas that I can't respect the kid. He seems OK to me. I'm sure I'd love the guy if he was a Husker.

Gilbert looks raw but full of potential. I'm sure he'll be full-steam when he gets here next season.

I think that's an understatement. This kid will be really good.

For him to even step into the spotlight like that, on the biggest stage in college football, to be broken in as a QB is really something. The thing that impressed me about him is he actually played fairly decent once he got going. That's really something given the pressure of that game.

Gilbert is a true freshman. What was Texas's plan if Colt had gone pro last year? A couple of years ago, I read about this QB Texas recruited that was supposed to be the next Vince Young. What happened to him? I believe he'd be a redshirt freshman or sophomore by now.

haven't read the entire thread to see if someone answered you but the guy is john chiles. i think he is a wide receiver now.

Much like Tim Tebow, those who badmouth Colt McCoy and sell him short are either jealous or just annoyed with the media attention he gets. The guy makes mistakes, sure, but he has a good heart and has always conducted himself with class and humility.

Sorry your career had to end this way Colt, good luck at the next level.

um.......BS.

its not jealousy. its the fact that they are really not as good as people make them out to be.

look at the stats and you cannot honestly say what you did above.

Much like Tim Tebow, those who badmouth Colt McCoy and sell him short are either jealous or just annoyed with the media attention he gets. The guy makes mistakes, sure, but he has a good heart and has always conducted himself with class and humility.

Sorry your career had to end this way Colt, good luck at the next level.

um.......BS.

its not jealousy. its the fact that they are really not as good as people make them out to be.

look at the stats and you cannot honestly say what you did above.

First of all, this isn't even about stats or how good of a football player someone is, people tend to "hate" these guys as people, not as talents on the field. But even if we are looking at stats, you realize Colt McCoy broke the single season completion percentage record at 77.6% last year, and threw thirty four touchdowns to eight interceptions against? And Tim Tebow spent every year with a passer rating of 175 or better (except for this year, when he was at 155), and would crank out ~3000yard passing like nothing, and twice almost had 1,000 rushing to go with it? If we are talking about how good these guys were as football players, then quite frankly they were elite.

For him to even step into the spotlight like that, on the biggest stage in college football, to be broken in as a QB is really something. The thing that impressed me about him is he actually played fairly decent once he got going. That's really something given the pressure of that game.

Yeah, it's flat out scary.

Here's how I see it, when Brad McCoy went to the locker room.

He looked at the doctor in charge and said "He will not return tonight. There are millions of dollars at stake here, this young man has a long distinguished career in the NFL, standing on the sidelines in a baseball cap on backwards, golding up a sign with an 11 written on it."

Young Mr McCoy as well as Mr Tebow were outstanding college quarterbacks, altough I do not see either one breaking into a starting lineup as quarterback in the NFL.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I guess Nebraska fans can now go back to 1983 and claim Nebraska would have won the Miami game if Rozier would'nt have got hurt. After all he was a Heisman winner and main reason Nebraska was as good as they were. :sarcasm

By the way no I don't believe that it makes any difference one way or another INJURIES are part of the game.

:wtf Any time a player gets hurt it can and will change how a game is called or played, especially if its at qb or a top running back that your team is built around. Neb was in a shoot out with Miami in that game, because our defense wasn't fast enough. It would be nice to have all your bullets in your gun, in that type of game. Injuries have always played a part.......

GBR!!!