Why Colt didn't return...................

Tebow is just lame and is all for show.

What a joke...the kid does missionary work, goes into prisons and speaks ...but he is lame?? Im sorry...but get over yourself

I'm pretty sure most of the Tebow haters actually have a man-crush on him but are just too ashamed to admit it. Overcompensation and all that.

The hate and disgust for Tebow and McCoy shows where we are as a society. Everyday all we get is bad new about college and professional athletes being selfish, robbing people, raping women, shooting people, shooting themselves, killing dogs, using drugs, the list continues. No one has a problem when these kids are on the sideline throwing up hood, sets, and gang sign into the camera. The tattoos of MOB (Money over Bitches), DUI arrest you name it.

It is refreshing that two young man chooses to do missionary work in the off season instead of making it ran in the club. One decided to put bible scripture on eye black instead of his area code or a girl hes screwing on campus. In the four years they have been at their programs while being the top dog; they did nothing but win for their programs. Did they get accolades? Yes. Did they deserve it? Oh course. Was it over the top? Yes but it not their fault. The media feel in love with college superstars that do things the right way instead of covering the countless things and turds in sports that make me sick.

As I jump off my soap box; if we had either one of these QB and they had the same careers here as they did at there respective programs we would hate the criticism the people on here want to spew.

If Jesus would have played football, he'd have been the best football player ever.

uh, hello... tim tebow!

Lol, actually I was referencing the post claiming Texas would have won the game if McCoy played all 60 minutes and how a mysterious second was lost. All things that can never be proven right or wrong. All things we will never know.

I have no issues with McCoy. I'm not so jealous of him and Texas that I can't respect the kid. He seems OK to me. I'm sure I'd love the guy if he was a Husker.

Gilbert looks raw but full of potential. I'm sure he'll be full-steam when he gets here next season.

Everyone would love Colt McCoy if here were a Husker, that's the sad thing. Some people just can't look through the media and all the bull and actually give him the respect he deserves. Everyone is so quick to call him a pu&&y for not going back in the game. He is a winner, he won more games than any other college football QB in the history of the game. If he could have gone back in the game he would. I felt awful for him last night. If he plays the whole game, UT wins and the B12 looks better.

It's sad that so many people hate players like McCoy and Tebow because they are great. Tebow is an INCREDIBLE college quarterback. So what if ESPN loves him? Big deal, he earned it.

Much like Tim Tebow, those who badmouth Colt McCoy and sell him short are either jealous or just annoyed with the media attention he gets. The guy makes mistakes, sure, but he has a good heart and has always conducted himself with class and humility.

Sorry your career had to end this way Colt, good luck at the next level.

Perfect LMS. You said exactly what I thought last night, the kid always came across as just a plain good kid too bad he's not a Husker. I felt the same way about Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow. All three were a credit to the game of College football.

T_O_B

:)

If Jesus would have played football, he'd have been the best football player ever.

uh, hello... tim tebow!

Lol, actually I was referencing the post claiming Texas would have won the game if McCoy played all 60 minutes and how a mysterious second was lost. All things that can never be proven right or wrong. All things we will never know.

That like saying Danica Patrick is stepping into Jimmy Johnson ride and there is no drop off. She will dominate!!! Texas puts 42 on Bama and Bama doesn't get picks and fumbles with Colt in the game.

That QB was out of his league for major portions of this game. What it did show was that the BAMA D fence was not really that good. If that QB could score that many points, it proves that the BAMA that played Auburn and Tennessee would have been beaten by McCoy and Texas.

Take Petyon Manning out for 30 mins and all hell breaks loose. Do you really think BAMA would've won with 60 mins of McCoy? They (Bama) were allowed to play ball control and only had to pass 11 times. They were given a huge lead with a mistake filled 1st half and go up 24-6. 4 ints, one fumble, 15 for 40, those aren't the numbers McCoy puts up. 45 wins!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Nebraska fans can now go back to 1983 and claim Nebraska would have won the Miami game if Rozier would'nt have got hurt. After all he was a Heisman winner and main reason Nebraska was as good as they were. :sarcasm

By the way no I don't believe that it makes any difference one way or another INJURIES are part of the game.

And that's the way it's looked at around here. Now that the season's over, it's been discovered that maybe our offense was as bad as it was because of a LOT of injuries, but never once was that use as an excuse by coaches and players, they just kept pluggin away. As far as the qb Texas recruited a few years back that was supposed to be the next Vince Young, it was the Chiles kid, but after McCoy decided to return for his senior year, they moved him to WR in order to get his athletic ability on the field as a utility player.

Let's say McCoy does play the entire game. Who says Brown still doesn't call the shuffle pass. It was the RB that handled the football like it was a raging hot potato. Do you suppose that maybe, just maybe, Bama's gameplan would have been a bit different than it was had McCoy played the entire game? Bama had a whopping 6 yards in the third quarter. They pretty much just tried to milk the clock. Once Texas made a game of it again, Bama turned up the heat again. When it's all said and done, none of us know whether or not Texas would have fared better or not had Colt not been knocked out of the ballgame. We can only speculate.

Sad that Nebraska fans can not appreciate Tim Tebow and Colt Mccoy.

We had the polar opposite of both of them and we wish the day he set foot here never happened.

Those two kids are what old Husker fans want on their team. They are what Husker players are about.

I feel sorry for both of them. Their last year did not turn out as they had planned, but both honored their comittment to their school, their team and their families. Bradford in the same way.

It is sad that all three gave so much to play the last year that it ended the way it did.

But I admire all of them. Finishing what you start, not grabbing the big bucks, putting your word above the money. Not many people like them this day and age. Three kids that are not all about ME.

Gilbert is a true freshman. What was Texas's plan if Colt had gone pro last year? A couple of years ago, I read about this QB Texas recruited that was supposed to be the next Vince Young. What happened to him? I believe he'd be a redshirt freshman or sophomore by now.

That was John Chiles, they gave him some playing time the last few years but they never let him throw and then this year he was moved to receiver. Not sure he ever really got a great chance to make it at QB....he did play last night. Not sure he made any catches.