Would you sacrifice the sellout streak for more things to do around Lincoln and Omaha???

I would. <_<

I guess I don't understand the question? Like what?

If the Missouri River was the Atlantic, I would love to go to the beach, heck all the time. Would I miss a Husker game to go to the beach? Not at all.

If the Sand Hills were the Rockies, and we could ski there, would I ski there a lot? Sure. But I could probably coordinate a trip to Mt. Thedford for January - March, heck, even Christmas time. Why would I have to miss a game.

I live in Kansas City. I love the Royals. Would I miss a Husker home game, for a Royals game? Uhmmm... maybe if Hell froze over and the Royals were in the playoffs....Lol.

Honestly, all things have to relative. If Omaha had 2 million inhabitants and an NFL team, the Huskers would still sell out. No doubt in my mind.

I would. <_<

I guess I don't understand the question? Like what?

If the Missouri River was the Atlantic, I would love to go to the beach, heck all the time. Would I miss a Husker game to go to the beach? Not at all.

If the Sand Hills were the Rockies, and we could ski there, would I ski there a lot? Sure. But I could probably coordinate a trip to Mt. Thedford for January - March, heck, even Christmas time. Why would I have to miss a game.

I live in Kansas City. I love the Royals. Would I miss a Husker home game, for a Royals game? Uhmmm... maybe if Hell froze over and the Royals were in the playoffs....Lol.

Honestly, all things have to relative. If Omaha had 2 million inhabitants and an NFL team, the Huskers would still sell out. No doubt in my mind.

Exactly. Just because the folks in Denver choose to do other things that take them away from supporting their college football team, doesn't mean that the majority of Husker fans would do the same given more options for entertainment.

Economics will answer this. I don't think any entrepreneur is thinking, "ya know, I could make piles of cash if I did this...but wait! It might kill the sellout streak! Pass."

I guess the question is kind of, "If you are a season ticket holder or regular attendee, is there an activity around Lincoln/Omaha that would make you go less or give up your seats?"

The 3 or 4 things most likely to put the sellout streak in danger are:

1. A prolonged period like the Callahan/Pederson era.

2. Too many lame games like South Dakota St on the schedule, esp in non-contending years.

3. Free TV for games like South Dakota St.

4. A serious of black marks or scandals that make people really question their support of the program.