Would you sacrifice the sellout streak for more things to do around Lincoln and Omaha???

I'm in the Kansas City area. KC is essentially Omaha with a couple pro sports franchises, nothing more, nothing less. And I think most people here will tell you Omaha is a much better run city than Kansas City proper. If you live in KC, it's pretty much a requirement that your kids go to private school or parochial schools as the school district is flat out awful. The politics are very shady to say the least in the city too. I'm in the suburbs so those things are not an issue.

I usually attend one Chiefs game a year, good time but an all day pricey endeavor. I suppose Nebraska games are about the same in price and time but at least it's on a Saturday so I can use Sunday to recover.

As far as the comparisons to a place like Denver, I don't really get why they can't support their college teams out there? Denver is a lot larger than Omaha and closer to Boulder or as close. Same with Ft. Collins. Ski season doesn't really ramp up until football is done. So use your Saturday to attend a home game and do the outdoor activities on Sunday before the Broncos game. Fact is, they don't care in Colorado like we do in Nebraska, plain and simple.

I honestly can't believe this thread.

As a Clemson fan, there's nothing I would rather have than a full stadium every game. Maybe it's because we have a smaller enrollment (14,000), but I can't remember a time when the stadium was full for every game in a season. Sure it'll be full for the FSU, Miami, VT & SC games, but we don't come near filling it for the smaller schools that we play.

If you're looking for night clubs and such, I hear there's an opening on the "Jersey Shore."

Learn to appreciate what you have.

As a Clemson fan, there's nothing I would rather have than a full stadium every game. Maybe it's because we have a smaller enrollment (14,000), but I can't remember a time when the stadium was full for every game in a season. Sure it'll be full for the FSU, Miami, VT & SC games, but we don't come near filling it for the smaller schools that we play.

If you're looking for night clubs and such, I hear there's an opening on the "Jersey Shore."

:laughpound:laughpound

I like the new sig Killer!

:laughpound:laughpound

I like the new sig Killer!

Thanks! I finally found a quality picture of my two teams playing without the one in red dominating the one in orange...

I used to live in Nebraska, for the first 20 years of my life. For fun, I fished, watched the Huskers, and went to the mall.

Now, I live in Minneapolis. There are all kinds of concerts to see, museums to go to, shows to attend - like, all the time. There are zoos, amusement parks and the biggest shopping mall in the US of A. There are bars, nightclubs, restaurants and shopping centers up the wazoo.

On weekends, I fish, watch the Huskers, and occasionally go to Target.

Funny how little of a difference it makes when you have a wife, a kid, and a budget...

As a kid I couldn't wait to move out of Omaha/Lincoln. So I joined the military and "seen the world". Now I am raising a family in South Florida. If it weren't for my great job, I would move my family back to Nebraska in a second! Those who have kids can appreciate bringing them up in somewhat of a "safe" environment with people amongst you that have good family values. I haven't lived in a place like that since I moved from Nebraska. Hell, when I travel back to visit relatives, people actually wave at you with their fore finger instead of their middle one, like down here. I live 2 hours from Miami, 2 hours from Daytona, and 90 miles from Disney world. Trust me, having "things to do", is not all that glamorous!

As a kid I couldn't wait to move out of Omaha/Lincoln. So I joined the military and "seen the world". Now I am raising a family in South Florida. If it weren't for my great job, I would move my family back to Nebraska in a second! Those who have kids can appreciate bringing them up in somewhat of a "safe" environment with people amongst you that have good family values. I haven't lived in a place like that since I moved from Nebraska. Hell, when I travel back to visit relatives, people actually wave at you with their fore finger instead of their middle one, like down here. I live 2 hours from Miami, 2 hours from Daytona, and 90 miles from Disney world. Trust me, having "things to do", is not all that glamorous!

:yeah

same for me... it's all about perspective... lived in California for 4 years, but moved back to Nebraska to raise the family and start my own business. that was 15 years ago - wouldn't change a thing!!!

the 'many things to do' in California, also comes with falling asleep to the sound of police helicopters chasing the day's freak show.

besides that, Memorial Stadium is a 20 min. drive

scoreboard!

When I lived in St. Louis, I lived about 5 minutes away from downtown and busch stadium, and I only went to a few cardinal games, and only then because I got free tickets. I think people would fill up the stadium no matter how much there was to do.

:yeah

I live in STL, as well. It's not like I go to the Arch every Sunday.

I pretty much do what I did when I lived in Omaha...go to bars, go to movies, hit a concert every once in awhile, hit a Blues game or a Cards gave once or twice a season.

I've lived half my life in Lincoln, Nebraska and the other half in the San Francisco Bay Area.

There's a pretty incredible diversity of things to do around here. I don't think I could move back. But my fellow Bay Area Huskers still block out a half dozen Saturdays a year to watch the Huskers on TV and talk college football smack with the alums of other schools who have likewise relocated here. If I've got a live football jones going, I can walk up and get cheap gameday tickets at virtually any Cal or Stanford game. Everytime a pundit wonders why a metropolitan area of 5 million can't sell out a college football game, they explain it away as "too many lifestyle choices."

I'm happy to extol the virtues of Nebraksa to folks around here, though in honesty I find people here just as friendly and accomodating as those in the Midwest. Frankly I saw more violence one summer at a small town Nebraska bar than I did in 10 years living in the heart of San Francisco. And that was before the meth boom.

I also know a lot of people who live in big expensive cities that don't take advantage of it at all. I think a lot of these people would be surprised how happy they would be in Lincoln or Omaha.

Except during winters like this one.

Cold is still a deal breaker for the wife.

I've lived half my life in Lincoln, Nebraska and the other half in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I spent two years in the Bay Area - one in Los Altos and the other in Foster City. Absolutely loved it. Worked on Market St in the city and down in Campbell right next to eBay.

I love Nebraska, especially the people, but I now understand the song I Left My Heart In San Francisco.

I used to live in Nebraska, for the first 20 years of my life. For fun, I fished, watched the Huskers, and went to the mall.

Now, I live in Minneapolis. There are all kinds of concerts to see, museums to go to, shows to attend - like, all the time. There are zoos, amusement parks and the biggest shopping mall in the US of A. There are bars, nightclubs, restaurants and shopping centers up the wazoo.

On weekends, I fish, watch the Huskers, and occasionally go to Target.

Funny how little of a difference it makes when you have a wife, a kid, and a budget...

When you compare it to Omaha, you have more night clubs and maybe more concerts, but that may be open to debate even, research at least. The amusement park thing we don't have. But Omaha has a Zoo, lots of concerts, restaurants, more bars than anyone could ever dream of, and I can't think of many types of shops that are not around. I suppose if a person is 21 and the club scene is all that makes a city... But as you illustrate, most people don't make use of many of those things except for a handful of times a year.