Does Bo Deserve a Pay Raise?

Pay Raise for Bo?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When he wins the Big XII then he should get a raise.

:yeah

We've done well the last 2 years, winning/tying for the North. We went to nice bowl games and won, but the Big 12 Championship is next on the list. If he does that then I'd say we should bump him up.

Bo's salary should remain competitive in the Big XII. If he starts winning it on a regular basis then he should be among the highest-paid coaches in the conference.

I think it's unwise to try to get into a tit-for-tat situation with Texas or Oklahoma. They pay way more than we would, or should.

Bo didn't walk into this gig unaware of our pay scale at Nebraska. He knows where he stands, and what his ceiling is. He isn't about to throw a fit over cash.

I was very surprised to see Gill receive over $2 million at the start of his career with Kansas. That is what Lew Perkins does though....pay coaches and so far it has worked very well at Kansas and his previous positions.

As far as Bo, I think he deserves over $2 million a year.....what Pinkel is making seems about right. The one thing to keep in mind though is our pay structure to assistant coaches. Bo has put together a pretty dang good staff and I know he wants that staff to get paid. If Neb can take the million more Bo would be paid and spread it out to the assistants to keep them here and happy, I know he is all for it.

I wish you guys were my employers! You guys are generous with the raises!

Likewise! but...

there are 25 guys, in the entire country, with top 25 college football teams. that would be different. i'm sure there are at least 30 others out there who could do what i do...

The last thing we need at Nebraska is another Callahan situation, where we jump the gun and give him a huge pay raise, and then he goes bust on us and we are stuck eating his contract.

That being said, I have faith that Bo will continue to improve this team. The one thing he brings that Callahan never had was attitude, and that is being passed to the team. He also don't have his "chosen players", so everyone knows they have a shot at playing if they are the best.