From a young OL scout team player

EZ-E

"Crick will be better than Suh when it is all said and done. He is already more explosive off the ball. The only thing that Suh does better is use his hands."

"Jamarcus Hardrick will start from day one. Kid is a beast."

(From an HI poster)

Hmmmm. I remain skeptical.

Being explosive in practice is respectable, however I do not see Crick being as good as Suh, regardless of the athletic difference.

Crick may be more explosive, stronger, faster, whatever. But he does not have the intangibles that Suh had. Suh had that relentless work ethic that allowed him to win games almost single-handedly. Tebow has it as well. Those are the only two players I have seen this year with that intangible ability around them. Crick will have an excellent career, but I doubt he will develop that aspect of his game. It is very rare to see, especially two in one season.

I think I'm going to be very tired of the Crick is going to be the next Suh talk. Honestly, it sounds ridiculous. I think Crick will be a very good player. Suh was great/elite.

It reminds me of the "Zac Lee will make everyone forget about Joe Ganz" talk that I fought all last year . . . except this one is even more implausible.

The reality of the situation is that we will almost certainly take a step back on the DL next year.

Being explosive in practice is respectable, however I do not see Crick being as good as Suh, regardless of the athletic difference.

Crick may be more explosive, stronger, faster, whatever. But he does not have the intangibles that Suh had. Suh had that relentless work ethic that allowed him to win games almost single-handedly. Tebow has it as well. Those are the only two players I have seen this year with that intangible ability around them. Crick will have an excellent career, but I doubt he will develop that aspect of his game. It is very rare to see, especially two in one season.

How many thought Suh would have those intangibles after his sophmore year? It's hard to say if Crick will develop the same intangibles as Suh, but I'd be willing to guess he'll develop his own intangibles that will make him a special player in his own right.

"Crick will be better than Suh when it is all said and done. He is already more explosive off the ball. The only thing that Suh does better is use his hands."

EZ-E did you post this on HI?? Or did you just take this from the guy who posted this on HI? Just wondering, some guys don't use the same name on both sites.

How many thought Suh would have those intangibles after his sophmore year? It's hard to say if Crick will develop the same intangibles as Suh, but I'd be willing to guess he'll develop his own intangibles that will make him a special player in his own right.

The journey we are embarking on will eventually answer this question. It will answer whether Suh always possessed these great talents but had them masked by the great Cosgrove, or whether these talents were obtained from the coaching he received his junior and senior seasons.

IMO, Suh had more upside potential than Crick. Suh was a highly sought after talent out of high school while Crick was not. Suh had horrible player development and coaching in college except for his final two years. Crick is a very solid and great player, but I'm just guessing his upside is limited from here on out while Suh had great upside after his sophomore year. Time will tell.

The journey we are embarking on will eventually answer this question. It will answer whether Suh always possessed these great talents but had them masked by the great Cosgrove, or whether these talents were obtained from the coaching he received his junior and senior seasons.

IMO, Suh had more upside potential than Crick. Suh was a highly sought after talent out of high school while Crick was not. Suh had horrible player development and coaching in college except for his final two years. Crick is a very solid and great player, but I'm just guessing his upside is limited from here on out while Suh had great upside after his sophomore year. Time will tell.

Good point. I think it may be safe to say that had Cosgrove still been around, we would never have seen the type of development out of Suh that we seen his Jr and Sr years.

The bolded part is important. Even if Suh is "only" better at using his hands, that may still make him a better player than Crick. As others have said, it is very unlikely Crick is even equal to Suh let alone better. Anything is possible, but this reminds me of fans who expected Frost to be better than Tommie Frazier. Frost ended up being a tremendous QB, but few would say he was equal to or better than Tommie.

I will hold my opinion until I see Crick as the "Suh" of the team and taking on double/triple teams and still making the plays that Suh made. Suh had freakish strength in that he could single handed throw 300 lb OL out of the way then go make the play five yards away. Suh is without a doubt one of the best (top 5) defensive players of all time in college football. If we have a guy that is better than that the very next year I will be astonished.

The bolded part is important. Even if Suh is "only" better at using his hands, that may still make him a better player than Crick. As others have said, it is very unlikely Crick is even equal to Suh let alone better. Anything is possible, but this reminds me of fans who expected Frost to be better than Tommie Frazier. Frost ended up being a tremendous QB, but few would say he was equal to or better than Tommie.

I completely agree. Crick is going to be a good one no doubt. People are already having unrealistic expectations on him. Many will agree that Suh may have been our best DT ever. How can people expect Crick to be as good as that or better? My biggest concern is who is going to fill in Crick's old role as second to Suh? Who is going to step up and be as good as Crick was in 09??

How many times did we here that Suh is a once-in-a-lifetime player this year? Now we already have a guy that is better?

Come on. I love Crick but to say he will be better than the best defensive player in the last decade is sticking your neck out......just a little don't you think?

What is that saying? In the off-season hope blooms eternal? Or something to that effect?

Yeah. It's simply not at all likely that Crick plays as well as Suh did. We can hope all we want but to heap that type of expectations on him is simply unfair to Crick.